PDA

View Full Version : Our future is pretty bright...any fan who follows us closely knows that

BILLSROCK1212
11-14-2006, 05:54 PM
When you look at our draft class from last year you know that we will have the best secondary in the NFL in only a matter of time and the best LBs but like the secondary it will just take time

If we address the D-line then our defense is back in the top 10...our dline was the reason we were in the top 10 for those few years

The O-line is not the key to the Bills success but it sure is important when you have a future of only young QBs.....I'd like to see Willis and the A-Trains split carries from now on the two final pieces to the offense are a good TE and a #2 WR

We only have to get about 1/2 of these to have a good season next year and I believe that we will, it may seem like a lot but we do not need to fill every whole to be a good team..look at the Pats their WRs are Doug Gabriel Reche Caldwell Troy Brown and Chad Jackson, definetly not one of the best but the passing game isnt going to bad for them that is just one example among many that u dont need to fill every whole to win..oo and by the way their secondary isnt that great either, especially without Rodney Harrison

GO BILLS!!!!

ParanoidAndroid
11-14-2006, 05:58 PM
A few of my students seem to think that Buffalo is going to be tough for the rest of the year.
One of them said, "Now that was a game plan!"
They follow the Bills now because I told them they won't have homework if the Bills win. :snicker:

BILLSROCK1212
11-14-2006, 07:26 PM
A few of my students seem to think that Buffalo is going to be tough for the rest of the year.
They follow the Bills now because I told them they won't have homework if the Bills win. :snicker:where do u live?

bflojohn
11-14-2006, 07:56 PM
I agree, essentially, but most fans cannot stomach rebuilding, and if it continues into next year, I expect peoples' heads on this board to explode! The simple truth is that the Buffalo Bills do not have playmakers, and that is "the little secret" to success that ultimately leads to winning, long term. Arguably, our star players are either feeling their way as rookies or are veterans who are not too far from the end! There are plenty of roster spots going "wanting" for game changing types. Since other teams tend to keep their starters, the Bills have to rebuild through the draft. Free agency can fill some of the cracks, but it is not a cure for what ails you, IMO!!

OpIv37
11-14-2006, 08:27 PM
As far as the D goes, the Clements and Fletcher situations need to be resolved, and although both Clements and McGee played well against Indy, they've also both sucked for most of this season. I don't know where you get so much confidence in the secondary.

And the OL is the key- if we can't run the ball or protect the QB, the offense will never look any different than it does right now.

At the very least, the OL and DL need to be upgraded, and that will be difficult because so many teams will have so much money in FA this year.

This team has some good young players, but is also missing some big pieces of the puzzle. Marv has his work cut out for him.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 08:36 PM
They follow the Bills now because I told them they won't have homework if the Bills win. :snicker:

Thats pretty cool! Safe to say, if I were a kid you would be my favorite teacher! Ah. actually wait. My Spanish teacher was gorgeous and she wore thongs alot. I take that back, second favorite teacher! :up:

Inetpub
11-14-2006, 09:11 PM
What the hell did you expect? We got JP. When you got a starting point as low as JP, EVERYTHING in the future is bright! Man even Nall is brighter! JP's lightbulb doesnt work.

realdealryan
11-14-2006, 10:23 PM
Peters is a great athlete who should develop positively for us, and I'll go ahead lump Whitner and Simpson in with him. Fletcher is a pimp. Lee Evans can perform even with a marginal QB and no other receiving threats. A bright future all around? I wish.

Question marks:

O-line- Not much in the pipeline; not much great play currently.

WR- Excepting Evans, marginal at best.

CB- McGee hasn't been the dominating #1 corner we all wish for, and neither has Clements, though we're paying him for it. He'll be gone next year, too. Maybe Youboty will be a pimp...

QB- [insert any Losman article here]

coaching staff!!!

I thought Fairchild was going to threaten vertically to set up the run. Now we are clinging to the run and hoping not to get blown out.

Just my $.02, but I really do have to applaud the positive thinking, because the way the last game was approached was really a letdown for me, even more so because I was in attendance. I guess it's just time to focus on the new and/or young guys and hope for an eventual turnaround.

BILLSROCK1212
11-14-2006, 10:59 PM
As far as the D goes, the Clements and Fletcher situations need to be resolved, and although both Clements and McGee played well against Indy, they've also both sucked for most of this season. I don't know where you get so much confidence in the secondary.

And the OL is the key- if we can't run the ball or protect the QB, the offense will never look any different than it does right now.

At the very least, the OL and DL need to be upgraded, and that will be difficult because so many teams will have so much money in FA this year.

This team has some good young players, but is also missing some big pieces of the puzzle. Marv has his work cut out for him.Ko and Donte

OpIv37
11-14-2006, 11:02 PM
Ko and Donte

That's only 2 of 4. Clements and McGee both still have a lot to prove in this D (although they both did well against Indy).

BILLSROCK1212
11-14-2006, 11:03 PM
That's only 2 of 4. Clements and McGee both still have a lot to prove in this D (although they both did well against Indy).i know but we'll find at least one replacement

jamze132
11-15-2006, 02:57 AM
When you look at our draft class from last year you know that we will have the best secondary in the NFL in only a matter of time and the best LBs but like the secondary it will just take time

If we address the D-line then our defense is back in the top 10...our dline was the reason we were in the top 10 for those few years

The O-line is not the key to the Bills success but it sure is important when you have a future of only young QBs.....I'd like to see Willis and the A-Trains split carries from now on the two final pieces to the offense are a good TE and a #2 WR

We only have to get about 1/2 of these to have a good season next year and I believe that we will, it may seem like a lot but we do not need to fill every whole to be a good team..look at the Pats their WRs are Doug Gabriel Reche Caldwell Troy Brown and Chad Jackson, definetly not one of the best but the passing game isnt going to bad for them that is just one example among many that u dont need to fill every whole to win..oo and by the way their secondary isnt that great either, especially without Rodney Harrison

GO BILLS!!!!
I agree with you for the most part but the O-line IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE TEAM.

alohabillsfan
11-15-2006, 04:45 AM
I really do believe we are finally RE-BUILDING! Marv will fix the O-line and get a #2 receiver and possibly TE, I think that under Donahoe we re-tooled and tried to bring in over the hill vets. I like the plan we will see come March and April if we have a bright future.

P.S. I thought the game plan for the Indy game was perfect (well almost).

Night Train
11-15-2006, 04:49 AM
Marv is back and began revamping the Defense this past off-season. This coming spring, I expect him to make numerous additions to the Offense.

I still love going to the games and see us making progress the right way, unlike the TD years of fools gold. That was a bad sales job that left Marv a mess to clean up. We were a lot worse than people thought and it shows with certain players.

Long term, I'm bullish. It's moving in the right direction. The daily moaning and bickering here is just self serving and comedy to many of us.<!-- / message -->

ParanoidAndroid
11-15-2006, 05:19 AM
where do u live?

Fredericksburg, VA

Thats pretty cool! Safe to say, if I were a kid you would be my favorite teacher! Ah. actually wait. My Spanish teacher was gorgeous and she wore thongs alot. I take that back, second favorite teacher! :up:

I don't blame you. The Spanish teacher that uses my room for one period every other day (during my planning) is amazing.....and engaged :mad: