PDA

View Full Version : Keep JP in there for the time being....

BILLSROCK1212
11-14-2006, 05:56 PM
If he is still playing poorly by the Chargers game make the switch to Nall but for now you have to give him time

gr8slayer
11-14-2006, 05:57 PM
What is it with people and Nall? He is not even the second string QB. Holcomb is our backup QB.

The_Philster
11-14-2006, 06:34 PM
What is it with people and Nall? He is not even the second string QB. Holcomb is our backup QB.
It's because Nall is unproven...people hope he has some upside to him. We know Holcomb has none...and he was worse this year in preseason than he was last season....I doubt he'll do anything but get worse. Nall..looked good in early camp practices but the preseason injury set him back. It's possible he'll surpass Holcomb on the depth chart, at least...but honestly, I have to wonder why he hasn't. :ill:

TacklingDummy
11-14-2006, 06:37 PM
If he is still playing poorly by the Chargers game make the switch to Nall but for now you have to give him time

No. JP gets all 16.

Billsrock4life
11-14-2006, 06:40 PM
I saw let him finish the season and then decide what to do. Craig Nall isn't going to do any better then Losman with the inconsistency of this team and the sheer fact that the OL blows. You have no OL, chances are unless you have barry sanders or walter payton on your team, that your going to have no offense.

SABURZFAN
11-14-2006, 07:12 PM
No. JP gets all 16.

and the Bills get ANOTHER top 8 pick. WOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BILLSROCK1212
11-14-2006, 07:24 PM
and the Bills get ANOTHER top 8 pick. WOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!sort of like that

G. Host
11-14-2006, 07:28 PM
It's because Nall is unproven...people hope he has some upside to him. We know Holcomb has none...and he was worse this year in preseason than he was last season....I doubt he'll do anything but get worse. Nall..looked good in early camp practices but the preseason injury set him back. It's possible he'll surpass Holcomb on the depth chart, at least...but honestly, I have to wonder why he hasn't. :ill:

None of the QBs look comfortable in the system. JP looks worse than last year too. The Bills should have signed a QB familiar with system even if he was not one they expected to use even if Nall had more upside.

The_Philster
11-14-2006, 07:29 PM
See...I don't see him looking worse than last year, by any means

BILLSROCK1212
11-14-2006, 07:30 PM
None of the QBs look comfortable in the system. JP looks worse than last year too. The Bills should have signed a QB familiar with system even if he was not one they expected to use even if Nall had more upside.i think we sud've signed Jeff Smoker instead of Nall for the reason that u stated

Nighthawk
11-14-2006, 07:34 PM

I don't think that Nall hasn't been able to work up to the #2 spot, I think it is more of the coaches not wanting it to look like they are starting to have doubts about JP's ability. They are trying to make it work with JP and don't want him looking over his shoulder. They really are babying JP and I think this another example. However, if he doesn't show improvement soon, I think that this may change and we may see Nall. I don't know if he will do any better, but the Bills have to see what they have in him before the end of the season or they basically will be where they were with Losman before this season began. The Bills need to know whether they have to go outside the organization for another QB this season and that will be another step in the process.

The_Philster
11-14-2006, 07:35 PM
I honestly don't see how promoting Nall to #2 over Holcomb would be anything against Losman :huh:

Nighthawk
11-14-2006, 07:40 PM
I honestly don't see how promoting Nall to #2 over Holcomb would be anything against Losman :huh:

Phil, if I have to explain it to you, then it isn't worth explaining. Think about it. The competition brought in over the summer starting to move up the depth chart does put pressure on Losman.

The_Philster
11-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Phil, if I have to explain it to you, then it isn't worth explaining. Think about it. The competition brought in over the summer starting to move up the depth chart does put pressure on Losman.
I know what you're trying to say, but I just don't see it. All he's doing is getting a promotion over Holcomb..it doesn't mean that he's moving closer to taking over for Losman....just that he's better than Holcomb. I understand your point...I just can't see it that way

Nighthawk
11-14-2006, 07:46 PM
I know what you're trying to say, but I just don't see it. All he's doing is getting a promotion over Holcomb..it doesn't mean that he's moving closer to taking over for Losman....just that he's better than Holcomb. I understand your point...I just can't see it that way

I think that JP would see it that way...that's all I'm saying. He is a bit of a flake and that may be the reason it hasn't happened. Who knows.

The_Philster
11-14-2006, 07:47 PM
I don't see the flake thing either, for what it's worth :idunno:

Nighthawk
11-14-2006, 07:50 PM
I don't see the flake thing either, for what it's worth :idunno:

I thought I would be nice and not call him stupid, but since you made me do it...he seems a little stupid. :sorry:

DynaPaul
11-14-2006, 08:05 PM
Hey, the most popular player on any team is the backup quarterback, why should it be any different here?

Nighthawk
11-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Hey, the most popular player on any team is the backup quarterback, why should it be any different here?

Plus, it's especially true where the starter isn't getting the job done.

BILLSROCK1212
11-14-2006, 10:30 PM
Hey, the most popular player on any team is the backup quarterback, why should it be any different here?let me try and name them all

AFC East:

Bills: Holcomb
Pats: Cassel
Jets: Ramsey or Clemens
Dolphins: let me just name them all Cleo Lemon, Joey harrington, and Daunte Culpepper

AFC North:

Steelers: Charlie Batch
Ravens: Kyle Boller
Bengals: Anthony Wright
Browns: Derek Anderson

AFC West:

Broncos: Jay Cutler
Raiders: Aaron Brooks or Marques Tuiasosopo idk who it is currently
Cheifs: Brodie Croyle
Chargers: Charlie Whitehurst or Billy Volek not sure who it is currently

AFC South:

Texans: Sage Rosenfels
Jaguars: Leftwhich and Quinn Gray
Colts: Jim Sorgi
Titans: Kerry Collins

NFC East:

Eagles: Jeff Garcia
Giants: Jared Lorenzen
Redskins: Mark Brunell
Cowboys: Drew Bledsoe

NFC North:

Packers: Aaron Rodgers
Vikings: Tavaris Jackson
Bears: Brian Griese
Lions: Josh McNown

NFC West:

Rams: Gus Ferrote
Seahawks: Seneca Wallace but with Hasselbeck's injury David Greene
49ers: Trent Dilfer
Cardinals: Kurt Warner

NFC South:

Panthers: Chris Weinke
Bucanneers: Tim Rattay
Saints: Todd Bouman
Falcons: Matt Shuab

I got prob name most third stringers too but that was fun....not like any1 cares

Night Train
11-15-2006, 02:29 AM

Holcomb has trouble holding a football and a mop at the same time.

jamze132
11-15-2006, 03:44 AM
There doesn't really need to be a chance in the depth chart. if Losman is hurt in the middle of the game, I wouls suspect that Holcombe would replace him. but if Losman was going to miss a few weeks, then I would guess tey would play Nall to see what he can do. They already know that Kelly is a great clipboard holder.