PDA

View Full Version : Marv likes Losman??

Inetpub
11-14-2006, 10:43 PM
“I don’t want to try and make something good out of what happened (Sunday at Indianapolis), but I like the way he’s conducting himself,” Levy said in an article that appeared in the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle. “He’s going through some hard times, and he’s growing a bit and profiting from it. If people expect him to be Dan Marino right now, he’s not going to be. But I think there are encouraging signs.”

Apparantly Marv still isnt sold that Losman is a fool. Either way, his wording sucks. He should be saying Losman is growing a bit and learning from it. The use of "profiting" can be judged in many aspects. Last time I checked, JP's laughing at the Bills all the way to the bank.

OpIv37
11-14-2006, 10:54 PM
I shouldn't have to keep repeating this, but I do:

What exactly do you expect Marv to say to the media? "JP Losman's a complete tool and my predecessor should be permanently banned from working in the NFL for leaving me with this moron. This guy doesn't get it and we're completely ****ed until I can find a replacement". :rolleyes:

Just because Marv said it to the media doesn't mean it's what he really thinks. He has to keep morale high for the other players and for the fans. This type of interview/quote needs to be taken with a grain of salt because GM's and coaches can't always publicly state their true opinions without serious repercussions.

Anyone who regularly talks to the media- be it sports professional, politician, lawyer or businessman- has to play the spin game.

jamze132
11-15-2006, 03:47 AM
I agree.

But I will also say that Dick seems to think JP is going to be a "real good QB" in the NFL. If he really didn't think JP would, why would he not play Nall? I think that Levy and Dick think that JP will eventually be good but I am not sure how long they are willing to wait. And once again, not having any resemblence of an O-line is killing JPs development and Levy's evaluation.

The_Philster
11-15-2006, 04:04 AM
Last time I checked, JP's laughing at the Bills all the way to the bank.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->That statement just smacks of personal blind hatred

YardRat
11-15-2006, 06:15 AM
You left out 'pathological' phil.

Although 'coachspeak' is certainly part of the game, Levy never had a problem stating his opinion publicly during his tenure as head coach here. He had to deal with a mini-QB controversy with Reich and Kelly, and vehemently defended what roles they played on the team. Kelly was the starting QB, period...Next question please.

ICE74129
11-15-2006, 07:23 AM
Anyone that thinks marv is just biding his time to replace losman is no bills fan. I say that because if you have been a Bills fan for more than 15 years you KNOW he has NO problems stating his mind. He will do so in a professional manner, but he won't come out and talk about losman like that unless he believes it.

For the BILLS fans that have actually paid attention this year, Marv himself said before the NE opener that the OFFENSIVE LINE was the biggest worry and question mark for this season. So apperantly they are aware of the situation and how it hinders JP and the rest of the team.

X-Era
11-15-2006, 07:28 AM
Apparantly Marv still isnt sold that Losman is a fool. Either way, his wording sucks. He should be saying Losman is growing a bit and learning from it. The use of "profiting" can be judged in many aspects. Last time I checked, JP's laughing at the Bills all the way to the bank.

Just more proof that your on your own, the Bills are behind Losman

THATHURMANATOR
11-15-2006, 07:43 AM
You are going to critique wording from a road scholar?

BidsJr
11-15-2006, 07:52 AM

Maybe he is just smarter than you.

No, that is a given.

Maybe it's just the lack of intellectual capacity for you to get your head around this is not a video game.

Romes
11-15-2006, 08:07 AM
Clearly Marv doesn't know what he is talking about...

ps. I don't think its "coach speak" Marv has always, to my memory, been an upfront person.

Earthquake Enyart
11-15-2006, 08:09 AM
Marv and Dick are giving JP EVERY opportunity. As long as they are starting him, they have to give off the perception that they are behind him all the way to keep his fragile confidence up.

ICE74129
11-15-2006, 08:13 AM
Marv and Dick are giving JP EVERY opportunity. As long as they are starting him, they have to give off the perception that they are behind him all the way to keep his fragile confidence up.

No they are actually behind him.

HHURRICANE
11-15-2006, 08:14 AM

They need to last out the season with Losman's numbers staying "improved". If they accomplish this than they will have alot easier time selling the need for OL and DL versus yet another QB selection in the off-season.

ublinkwescore
11-15-2006, 11:35 AM
OL is a bigger priority for this team in my eyes - what good is it going to do to have a Peyton Manning or Donovan McNabb behind this line? None... Absolutely None.

GFLuNEEDit
11-15-2006, 06:58 PM

Oh yeah. He probably never expected to be drafted that high.
But along came the blundering Bills and he is laughing all the way to the bank.

The more effort the Bills put into saving face the more money he collects.

jmb1099
11-15-2006, 07:30 PM
Losman may or may not suck, but the oline has needed to be addressed for years. If we don't seriously address the oline this year we will suck again no matter who may be qb. Fix the lines and fix a majority of the problem.

G. Host
11-15-2006, 09:48 PM

Marv's wording sucks? This guy can find any wording he wants and could make the sports writers have to use dictionaries to understand what he said if he wanted to. Marv words say exactly what he wants them to say so they do not "suck".

This is a college professor being graded by an Elementary school substitute!

jmb1099
11-16-2006, 01:03 AM
http://www.etxrn.com/junction/images/baby%20crying.jpg

X-Era
11-16-2006, 07:08 AM
Marv's wording sucks? This guy can find any wording he wants and could make the sports writers have to use dictionaries to understand what he said if he wanted to. Marv words say exactly what he wants them to say so they do not "suck".

This is a college professor being graded by an Elementary school substitute!
I was going with special needs student

SquishDaFish
11-16-2006, 07:28 AM
JpEra so your saying he wears a padded helmet?? I thought so.

patmoran2006
11-16-2006, 02:55 PM
That statement just smacks of personal blind hatred

No, this one does though..

JP Losman just flat-out blows. Jauron and Levy "support" him right now cause who the hell else are they going to put back there? Plus, dont think Kelly Holcomb is going to sell tix.

When this season over, Losman better learn how to use a clipboard and a headset, and learn to make hand signals from the sidelines, thats all he'll be doing next year.