PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: Chris Villarrial likely done for the year

Michael82
11-15-2006, 01:59 PM
I just got this text on my cell phone.....

VCOACH BILLS:
OL Chris Villarrial is out for this week's game and Dick Jauron said there is a "good chance he probably won't play the rest of the year."

Kerr
11-15-2006, 02:01 PM
Take a seat scrub.

This gives someone else a shot and they might find the RG for next season in the process.

ICE74129
11-15-2006, 02:02 PM
LMAO talk about his old coach covering his ass. HE SUCKS and they are going to use the injury deal like they did with Vincent to get rid of him.

Thank GOD!

Devin
11-15-2006, 02:02 PM
Bring on Merz the Mauler!

blackonyx89
11-15-2006, 02:04 PM
Did he have Vilarrial disease?:doh2:

L.A. Playa
11-15-2006, 02:04 PM
good thing you have V Coach Mikey this was earth shattering breaking news

Michael82
11-15-2006, 02:06 PM
:rofl:

OpIv37
11-15-2006, 02:10 PM
blessing in disguise. this guy SUCKS.

So does Merz come in or does Reyes come in at RG since Gandy's playing LG?

While Reyes has been less than impressive, the thought of two rookies next to each other is scary.

The_Philster
11-15-2006, 02:12 PM

While Reyes has been less than impressive, the thought of two rookies next to each other is scary.
If Reyes is healthy, I'd say he gets the job

Michael82
11-15-2006, 02:13 PM

I think it will be neither. I wouldn't be surprised if Duke Preston is the one that takes over.

THATHURMANATOR
11-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Preston is horrible at guard too.. :ill:

OpIv37
11-15-2006, 02:16 PM

hey, most of us are happy that this bum won't be playing. Don't rain on everyone's parade- that's my job.

L.A. Playa
11-15-2006, 02:18 PM
hey, most of us are happy that this bum won't be playing. Don't rain on everyone's parade- that's my job.

you will be sure to be crying a river on 11/25 :rofl:

Bufftp
11-15-2006, 02:19 PM
If they put in the turnstyle it might be an upgrade. Slow em dow a little at least.

OpIv37
11-15-2006, 02:19 PM
you will be sure to be crying a river on 11/25 :rofl:

actually it will probably be 11/26- the game doesn't start til 8 pm here and a lot of college games seem to be hitting the 4 hour mark these days.

ICE74129
11-15-2006, 02:21 PM
I am so friggin ready for the offseason. Tackle, two guards and 33 mill to do it with. I hope we find a friggin TRUE #2 WR and TE as well.

ublinkwescore
11-15-2006, 02:24 PM

Or it can really hit the point home with Marv that we need to address the OL - no ifs, ands, or buts.

madness
11-15-2006, 02:27 PM
I think it will be neither. I wouldn't be surprised if Duke Preston is the one that takes over.

Set to fill the void is second-year lineman Duke Preston who played most of the second half last week at Indianapolis when Villarrial re-aggravated the tendon in his ankle.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4389

Devin
11-15-2006, 02:30 PM
Id rather see Merz in, I wanna see what he can do.

And no i dont care about 2 rookies there, what are they gonna do? Play worse?

Michael82
11-15-2006, 02:39 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4389
I called it. :::

But I would prefer Merz or Reyes. :sigh:

OpIv37
11-15-2006, 02:43 PM
Id rather see Merz in, I wanna see what he can do.

And no i dont care about 2 rookies there, what are they gonna do? Play worse?

good point. The only way for them to play worse would be to literally sit down on the field after the ball is snapped.

PECKERWOOD
11-15-2006, 02:45 PM
I'm very high on Merz. I hope he starts. He did very well against NE, and their DL is pretty damn nasty.

justasportsfan
11-15-2006, 02:46 PM
there wouldn't be a chance that PArrish takes over Villarial spot would there? :idunno:

ICE74129
11-15-2006, 02:47 PM
good point. The only way for them to play worse would be to literally sit down on the field after the ball is snapped.

No that would actually mean the defender had to stumble over them or go around them not to trip instead of just running past Villarial

OpIv37
11-15-2006, 02:48 PM
there wouldn't be a chance that PArrish takes over Villarial spot would there? :idunno:

Considering that Villarial probably ate more than Parrish's body weight in food for lunch today, I doubt it. That being said, I bet Parrish would at least slow down the defender which is more than what Villarial usually does.

Michael82
11-15-2006, 02:57 PM
How about Parrish take over for that useless bum, Price? That would be better. :up:

PECKERWOOD
11-15-2006, 03:01 PM
How about Parrish take over for that useless bum, Price? That would be better. :up:

I'm not sure about you or anybody else.. But the thing that bothers me about Roscoe, is that he is too small to block. We all know he has playmaking ability, but he just seems so one dimensional, imo.

HHURRICANE
11-15-2006, 03:01 PM
I couldn't figure out why the blocking got better later in the game. It was because Villareal was out. I can't say that I watched Preston that much because most of my focus was on Pennington and Peters but I think he played okay based on what didn't happen.

I think Preston is a bum but maybe I'm wrong.

Villareal played his last game as a Bill. The line is already better because we have no more white guys on it. Hopefully the DL will follow and get rid of those 2 pussies, Denney and Kelsay.

PECKERWOOD
11-15-2006, 03:04 PM
I couldn't figure out why the blocking got better later in the game. It was because Villareal was out. I can't say that I watched Preston that much because most of my focus was on Pennington and Peters but I think he played okay based on what didn't happen.

Villareal played his last game as a Bill. The line is already better because we have no more white guys on it. Hopefully the DL will follow and get rid of those 2 pussies, Denney and Kelsay.

Agreed. Preston is nothing more than a career backup. If you can't break into the starting lineup at Buffalo, you truly suck. Merz however, will do well. I heard somewhere that Coach McNally thinks the highest of Merz, than any other rookie linemen drafted this year..

Michael82
11-15-2006, 03:06 PM
I'm not sure about you or anybody else.. But the thing that bothers me about Roscoe, is that he is too small to block. We all know he has playmaking ability, but he just seems so one dimensional, imo.
Good point, but I know that Roscoe would have at least gotten 1 yard or more on that play where Peerless was tackled for a loss of 2.

I also was thinking that I want to see more of Andre Davis. Maybe with his size, he'll do better than Peerless Price. :up:

Kerr
11-15-2006, 03:06 PM
I would say this is Preston's final shot to show he can be a starter on the line. Seems to me merz is waiting in the wings.

Michael82
11-15-2006, 03:08 PM

I think that the only reason Duke Preston is starting is because of two things....

1. Tutan Reyes sucks. They are done with him as a starter.
2. He isn't a rookie and the experience is needed next to a guy as raw as Pennington.

Michael82
11-15-2006, 03:09 PM
I would say this is Preston's final shot to show he can be a starter on the line. Seems to me merz is waiting in the wings.
I agree.

Dr. Lecter
11-15-2006, 03:18 PM
I don't see why the line is being criticized. They have been fine this year.

All of the sacks are JP's fault. :str8face:

Michael82
11-15-2006, 03:21 PM
I don't see why the line is being criticized. They have been fine this year.

All of the sacks are JP's fault. :str8face:
:rofl: :lmao: :roflmao:

The_Philster
11-15-2006, 03:34 PM
I think that the only reason Duke Preston is starting is because of two things....

1. Tutan Reyes sucks. They are done with him as a starter.
2. He isn't a rookie and the experience is needed next to a guy as raw as Pennington.
or maybe Reyes isn't 100% yet

patmoran2006
11-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Preston, Reyes and Merz are all backups and none of them will be starting next year, unless you want our line to continue to suck.

Hopefully one or two of them are useful backups but make no mistake about it, through FA or draft we better have a BIG upgrade at RG next year.

Villarrial sucks ass, for the record.

PECKERWOOD
11-15-2006, 03:42 PM
Preston, Reyes and Merz are all backups and none of them will be starting next year, unless you want our line to continue to suck.

Hopefully one or two of them are useful backups but make no mistake about it, through FA or draft we better have a BIG upgrade at RG next year.

Villarrial sucks ass, for the record.

Why does Merz suck? He played well in limited action. Just because he was drafted in the later rounds, doesn't make him a bad player.

RockStar36
11-15-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm willing to bet nobody will even notice he is gone.

PECKERWOOD
11-15-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm willing to bet nobody will even notice he is gone.

I bet you will notice he is gone, but in a good way.

Michael82
11-15-2006, 04:11 PM
I bet you will notice he is gone, but in a good way.
My thoughts exactly! :hi5:

HHURRICANE
11-15-2006, 04:52 PM
There are so many teams that have backups (for exmaple: Pittsburgh) that would be starters in Buffalo.

The idea that Gandy, Preston and Reyes would make good backups when they suck so bad as starters doesn't make alot of sense to me. I'd rather have Pennington, Merz, Butler and other young players than has-beens and draft busts being backups!!!

Night Train
11-15-2006, 04:58 PM
In Reality - Chris V. is done as a Bill. Addition by subtraction.

YardRat
11-15-2006, 05:08 PM
Well, for anybody hoping V would be replaced or of the mindset that the o-line would be better without him, the evidence is about to start pouring in.

gr8slayer
11-15-2006, 05:10 PM
I hate to say it but thank goodness. He is by far our worst OL IMO.

TigerJ
11-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Given Villarrial's fragility over the past couple years, can anyone be surprised. The downside to the injury is that Preston isn't going to be much help to Pennington. If that side of the line continues to struggle, I wouldn't be surprised to se Reyes get plugged in there, but the Bills will give Preston first crack at it.

Ebenezer
11-15-2006, 05:26 PM
Can we get an AMEN!!!

The_Philster
11-15-2006, 06:11 PM
Reyes is healthy, it appears and also..

Jauron said the Bills plan to use J.P. Losman's mobility more as the season moves on, and that Losman can take off when he feels the need.

"When it breaks down, he's got the green light to run," he said. "What we don't want him to do is run as the first option. He's done a real nice job of not running as the first option. I do believe in time that he'll run more. As things go along, we would like to bootleg him more, not necessarily sprint out, but he can do all those things."

http://www.wgr550.com/fullstory.php?id=1980

Michael82
11-15-2006, 07:57 PM

It's about ****ing time! :bf1:

M
11-16-2006, 08:03 AM

Jauron said the Bills plan to use J.P. Losman's mobility more as the season moves on, and that Losman can take off when he feels the need.

"When it breaks down, he's got the green light to run," he said. "What we don't want him to do is run as the first option. He's done a real nice job of not running as the first option. I do believe in time that he'll run more. As things go along, we would like to bootleg him more, not necessarily sprint out, but he can do all those things."

Ahh ... Dick's light bulb went on.

Lee-83
11-16-2006, 08:20 AM
it's preston's job not reyes