• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

I'm just laughing at those who want..

I'm just laughing at those of you who want to pass the football 30 times a game. Losman should be passing no more than 20 times a game, if he passes anymore than that, we are just asking for problems. Why do I say this? Bashers: "Because Losman SUCKS!.." No, not because Losman sucks. Simply, because our OL is in the same breath as Oakland's. Answer me this. Why does everybody want to go pass happy, when we have a rookie RT, and a player in his first year at LT? When you sit back and reminisce over Jauron's gameplan the past 2 weeks, it has been very smart. You look at GB's defense, what is their strong suit? Defensive End's and pass rush. So what does Jauron do? He eliminates our weakness on OL, and at the same time he destroys their strongest attributes. You look at Indianapolis. What is their strongest unit on defense? You guessed it.. Defensive End's and pass rush. What does he do? You guessed it again! He eliminates their strongest unit, while at the same time taking pressure off of our weakest unit on offense. That gameplan was genius. His Ivy League education is really showing. Thoughts?
  • GFLuNEEDit
    Senior Zoner
    • Oct 2006

Re: I'm just laughing at those who want..

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
    I'm just laughing at those of you who want to pass the football 30 times a game. Losman should be passing no more than 20 times a game, if he passes anymore than that, we are just asking for problems. Why do I say this? Bashers: "Because Losman SUCKS!.." No, not because Losman sucks. Simply, because our OL is in the same breath as Oakland's. Answer me this. Why does everybody want to go pass happy, when we have a rookie RT, and a player in his first year at LT? When you sit back and reminisce over Jauron's gameplan the past 2 weeks, it has been very smart. You look at GB's defense, what is their strong suit? Defensive End's and pass rush. So what does Jauron do? He eliminates our weakness on OL, and at the same time he destroys their strongest attributes. You look at Indianapolis. What is their strongest unit on defense? You guessed it.. Defensive End's and pass rush. What does he do? You guessed it again! He eliminates their strongest unit, while at the same time taking pressure off of our weakest unit on offense. That gameplan was genius. His Ivy League education is really showing. Thoughts?
    Well some of that I agree with .
    But if you truely have a QB that you have faith in you don't abandon the pass to that extent.
    Especially against GB who has the worst pass defense in the league.
    If they can't trust him against that defense , who can they trust him against?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by GFLuNEEDit
      Well some of that I agree with .
      But if you truely have a QB that you have faith in you don't abandon the pass to that extent.
      Especially against GB who has the worst pass defense in the league.
      Good response.

I think they trust JP to throw, they just dont trust the OL to block for him.. If anything, I think its a shame we couldnt capitilize on Green Bay's biggest weakness, but we did however remove their greatest strength. So I guess the two kind of cancelled each other out. If we were to have went pass heavy on GB, we may have very well ended up losing the game. I can just picture inside of my head KGB and Kampman standing over Losman doing some crazy dance, after they sacked his ass.. In the end, perhaps the conservative approach is the right approach, until we get more help on the OL. What do you think?

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
        Senior Zoner
        • Oct 2006

The Bills line sucks.

But they devoted the entire season to develope one player...Losman.

So what are they accomplishing with all of this ?

If the offensive line is bad enough that they can't even run the experiment that the are wasting a whole season on, then a logical person has to ask what kind of jacka**es are running the team.

Aside from that on the occassions when he has time to throw , he doesn't impress me as a QB that has potential. He is irratic and inaccurate.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

Answer me this. Why does everybody want to go pass happy

who is everybody?
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Coach Sal
            • Aug 2006

I'm not sure if you are referring to me and/or my comments, but just in case, I am absolutely not advocating throwing the ball like that. But that's the extreme. Throwing the ball about fifteen times is the other extreme. It should generally be somewhere in the middle.

I agree that last week's gameplan was good overall. That game imparticular was more of an exception of what we should do and not a rule.

But we must find out before this season is over if our NFL QB is really a starting NFL-caliber QB. We'll never know if we never give him an opportunity or put him in a position to have to make some plays. Not every single game every single play. But enough to get a better understanding of where he is and where we are with him.
            Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
            And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• Akhippo
              • Nov 2002

You need to have him throw actual routes under actual pressure. Not 7 steppers all game long. Have him throw slants; crossing routes underneath; intentionally wait and dump off underneath to the back, on purpose.

A gunslinger quarterback will never get any better if you corral him, tell him to hand the ball off, and in that rare instance that we tell you to throw, we expect you to make a play but dont screw up.

Thats one reason I think his deep throws are off. He waits so long to make sure the WR is obviously open. That makes him underthrow and look like crap. He wants to make that one play, the deep throw, but not screw it up, hence waiting so long.
              Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

The Bills line sucks.

But they devoted the entire season to develope one player...Losman.

So what are they accomplishing with all of this ?
                They're devoted to the development of Losman AND their rookies. If neither work out, changes will be made after this season. As for your question, I just answered it.

Season does not = over night.
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Coach Sal
                  I'm not sure if you are referring to me and/or my comments, but just in case, I am absolutely not advocating throwing the ball like that. But that's the extreme. Throwing the ball about fifteen times is the other extreme. It should generally be somewhere in the middle.

I agree that last week's gameplan was good overall. That game imparticular was more of an exception of what we should do and not a rule.

But we must find out before this season is over if our NFL QB is really a starting NFL-caliber QB. We'll never know if we never give him an opportunity or put him in a position to have to make some plays. Not every single game every single play. But enough to get a better understanding of where he is and where we are with him.
                  Naw Sal, I didnt direct it towards you. Well it could of been, it was towards everybody. I was just pointing out that passing a bunch each game isn't a smart idea. 13 attempts isn't extreme if we win the football game. In my eyes, unless we are playing a defense with a really bad pass rush. Keep his attempts under 20 per game. Anything over spells trouble..

I'm not going to say Losman is a good QB or even a starting calibre QB. I sure think he has the potential to be one, though. I would rather have him be a ? mark, than to destroy his confidence behind a horrible OL. It's safe to say, our coaches feel the same way. I don't think we will know for sure if Losman is our man, even after the season is over. I think next year is going to be the year, that we can tell. But until our OL is upgraded, I hope our coaching staff sticks to the conservative gameplan they have been using.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                    who is everybody?
                    Obviously the mass majority. I'm not going to make every point as specific as possible. You should be able to understand what I mean.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Akhippo
                      You need to have him throw actual routes under actual pressure. Not 7 steppers all game long. Have him throw slants; crossing routes underneath; intentionally wait and dump off underneath to the back, on purpose.

A gunslinger quarterback will never get any better if you corral him, tell him to hand the ball off, and in that rare instance that we tell you to throw, we expect you to make a play but dont screw up.

Thats one reason I think his deep throws are off. He waits so long to make sure the WR is obviously open. That makes him underthrow and look like crap. He wants to make that one play, the deep throw, but not screw it up, hence waiting so long.
                      Losman is always looking to make the 'big play'. As a result he isn't moving the chains and getting many first downs. I agree he should be limited to 3 step drops and quick slants, and occasionally a couple play action passes or bootlegs. I just think that, once we get some playmakers, and better linemen on offense. Our team will benefit greatly, and perhaps we could then think about not playing so conservatively.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

I can count on one hand how many "big plays" he's made this year.

Actually, make that a couple of fingers.. My grandmother could've hit Evans deep he was so open against Green Bay.. and Skooby's rich friend could've thrown a 4 yard pass to Parrish that turned into a long touchdown against the Jets.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
                          Senior Zoner
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by mybills
                          They're devoted to the development of Losman AND their rookies. If neither work out, changes will be made after this season. As for your question, I just answered it.

Season does not = over night.
                          They are developing a QB by deciding not to throw the ball?

So how is he going to develope ? By just being on the field and in the huddle ?

Could you imagine a bowling coach working with an inferior bowler in the same way the Bills are working with an inferior QB ( or underdeveloped QB , take your pick).......

He tells the bowler - I need you to be at the lanes once a week for me to break you of your bad habits.
                          So the bowler is now at the lanes every Sunday and the coach says- the best thing for us to do at this point is cut the practice down from 4 games to 2 games, this way you won't bowl as many bad games.
                          Last edited by GFLuNEEDit; 11-16-2006, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

Could you imagine a bowling coach working with an inferior bowler in the same way the Bills are working with an inferior QB ( or underdeveloped QB , take your pick).......

He tells the bowler - I need you to be at the lanes once a week for me to break you of your bad habits.
                            So the bowler is now at the lanes every Sunday and the coach says- the best thing for us to do at this point is cut the practice down from 4 games to 2 games, this way you won't bowl as many bad games.

Riddle me this Batman. :) How is making the QB throw a bunch of times behind an OL that cant give him any protection, going to speed up his development? It seems to me that this could hurt his progress, and destroy his confidence. You may end up creating bad habits by making him make such quick and irrational decisions on a consistent basis.

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
                              Senior Zoner
                              • Oct 2006

Riddle me this Batman. :) How is making the QB throw a bunch of times behind an OL that cant give him any protection, going to speed up his development? It seems to me that this could hurt his progress, and destroy his confidence. You may end up creating bad habits by making him make such quick and irrational decisions on a consistent basis.
                              If you are worried about destroying his shaky confidence more than improving his inferior QBing skills than you have the wrong guy in there to begin with.

Like I said it's equivalent to a bowler reducing his number of bad games by bowling less games instead of becoming a better bowler.

Comment

Working...
                              X