PDA

View Full Version : I'm just laughing at those who want..

PECKERWOOD
11-15-2006, 06:57 PM
I'm just laughing at those of you who want to pass the football 30 times a game. Losman should be passing no more than 20 times a game, if he passes anymore than that, we are just asking for problems. Why do I say this? Bashers: "Because Losman SUCKS!.." No, not because Losman sucks. Simply, because our OL is in the same breath as Oakland's. Answer me this. Why does everybody want to go pass happy, when we have a rookie RT, and a player in his first year at LT? When you sit back and reminisce over Jauron's gameplan the past 2 weeks, it has been very smart. You look at GB's defense, what is their strong suit? Defensive End's and pass rush. So what does Jauron do? He eliminates our weakness on OL, and at the same time he destroys their strongest attributes. You look at Indianapolis. What is their strongest unit on defense? You guessed it.. Defensive End's and pass rush. What does he do? You guessed it again! He eliminates their strongest unit, while at the same time taking pressure off of our weakest unit on offense. That gameplan was genius. His Ivy League education is really showing. Thoughts?

GFLuNEEDit
11-15-2006, 07:14 PM
I'm just laughing at those of you who want to pass the football 30 times a game. Losman should be passing no more than 20 times a game, if he passes anymore than that, we are just asking for problems. Why do I say this? Bashers: "Because Losman SUCKS!.." No, not because Losman sucks. Simply, because our OL is in the same breath as Oakland's. Answer me this. Why does everybody want to go pass happy, when we have a rookie RT, and a player in his first year at LT? When you sit back and reminisce over Jauron's gameplan the past 2 weeks, it has been very smart. You look at GB's defense, what is their strong suit? Defensive End's and pass rush. So what does Jauron do? He eliminates our weakness on OL, and at the same time he destroys their strongest attributes. You look at Indianapolis. What is their strongest unit on defense? You guessed it.. Defensive End's and pass rush. What does he do? You guessed it again! He eliminates their strongest unit, while at the same time taking pressure off of our weakest unit on offense. That gameplan was genius. His Ivy League education is really showing. Thoughts?

Well some of that I agree with .
But if you truely have a QB that you have faith in you don't abandon the pass to that extent.
Especially against GB who has the worst pass defense in the league.
If they can't trust him against that defense , who can they trust him against?

PECKERWOOD
11-15-2006, 07:26 PM
Well some of that I agree with .
But if you truely have a QB that you have faith in you don't abandon the pass to that extent.
Especially against GB who has the worst pass defense in the league.

Good response.

I think they trust JP to throw, they just dont trust the OL to block for him.. If anything, I think its a shame we couldnt capitilize on Green Bay's biggest weakness, but we did however remove their greatest strength. So I guess the two kind of cancelled each other out. If we were to have went pass heavy on GB, we may have very well ended up losing the game. I can just picture inside of my head KGB and Kampman standing over Losman doing some crazy dance, after they sacked his ass.. In the end, perhaps the conservative approach is the right approach, until we get more help on the OL. What do you think?

GFLuNEEDit
11-15-2006, 10:23 PM
The Bills line sucks.

But they devoted the entire season to develope one player...Losman.

So what are they accomplishing with all of this ?

If the offensive line is bad enough that they can't even run the experiment that the are wasting a whole season on, then a logical person has to ask what kind of jacka**es are running the team.

Aside from that on the occassions when he has time to throw , he doesn't impress me as a QB that has potential. He is irratic and inaccurate.

SABURZFAN
11-15-2006, 10:50 PM
Answer me this. Why does everybody want to go pass happy

who is everybody?

Coach Sal
11-15-2006, 10:59 PM

I'm not sure if you are referring to me and/or my comments, but just in case, I am absolutely not advocating throwing the ball like that. But that's the extreme. Throwing the ball about fifteen times is the other extreme. It should generally be somewhere in the middle.

I agree that last week's gameplan was good overall. That game imparticular was more of an exception of what we should do and not a rule.

But we must find out before this season is over if our NFL QB is really a starting NFL-caliber QB. We'll never know if we never give him an opportunity or put him in a position to have to make some plays. Not every single game every single play. But enough to get a better understanding of where he is and where we are with him.

Akhippo
11-16-2006, 12:52 AM
You need to have him throw actual routes under actual pressure. Not 7 steppers all game long. Have him throw slants; crossing routes underneath; intentionally wait and dump off underneath to the back, on purpose.

A gunslinger quarterback will never get any better if you corral him, tell him to hand the ball off, and in that rare instance that we tell you to throw, we expect you to make a play but dont screw up.

Thats one reason I think his deep throws are off. He waits so long to make sure the WR is obviously open. That makes him underthrow and look like crap. He wants to make that one play, the deep throw, but not screw it up, hence waiting so long.

mybills
11-16-2006, 07:10 AM
The Bills line sucks.

But they devoted the entire season to develope one player...Losman.

So what are they accomplishing with all of this ?

They're devoted to the development of Losman AND their rookies. If neither work out, changes will be made after this season. As for your question, I just answered it.

Season does not = over night.

PECKERWOOD
11-16-2006, 11:00 AM
I'm not sure if you are referring to me and/or my comments, but just in case, I am absolutely not advocating throwing the ball like that. But that's the extreme. Throwing the ball about fifteen times is the other extreme. It should generally be somewhere in the middle.

I agree that last week's gameplan was good overall. That game imparticular was more of an exception of what we should do and not a rule.

But we must find out before this season is over if our NFL QB is really a starting NFL-caliber QB. We'll never know if we never give him an opportunity or put him in a position to have to make some plays. Not every single game every single play. But enough to get a better understanding of where he is and where we are with him.

Naw Sal, I didnt direct it towards you. Well it could of been, it was towards everybody. I was just pointing out that passing a bunch each game isn't a smart idea. 13 attempts isn't extreme if we win the football game. In my eyes, unless we are playing a defense with a really bad pass rush. Keep his attempts under 20 per game. Anything over spells trouble..

I'm not going to say Losman is a good QB or even a starting calibre QB. I sure think he has the potential to be one, though. I would rather have him be a ? mark, than to destroy his confidence behind a horrible OL. It's safe to say, our coaches feel the same way. I don't think we will know for sure if Losman is our man, even after the season is over. I think next year is going to be the year, that we can tell. But until our OL is upgraded, I hope our coaching staff sticks to the conservative gameplan they have been using.

PECKERWOOD
11-16-2006, 11:01 AM
who is everybody?

Obviously the mass majority. I'm not going to make every point as specific as possible. You should be able to understand what I mean.

PECKERWOOD
11-16-2006, 11:05 AM
You need to have him throw actual routes under actual pressure. Not 7 steppers all game long. Have him throw slants; crossing routes underneath; intentionally wait and dump off underneath to the back, on purpose.

A gunslinger quarterback will never get any better if you corral him, tell him to hand the ball off, and in that rare instance that we tell you to throw, we expect you to make a play but dont screw up.

Thats one reason I think his deep throws are off. He waits so long to make sure the WR is obviously open. That makes him underthrow and look like crap. He wants to make that one play, the deep throw, but not screw it up, hence waiting so long.

Losman is always looking to make the 'big play'. As a result he isn't moving the chains and getting many first downs. I agree he should be limited to 3 step drops and quick slants, and occasionally a couple play action passes or bootlegs. I just think that, once we get some playmakers, and better linemen on offense. Our team will benefit greatly, and perhaps we could then think about not playing so conservatively.

patmoran2006
11-16-2006, 02:46 PM
I can count on one hand how many "big plays" he's made this year.

Actually, make that a couple of fingers.. My grandmother could've hit Evans deep he was so open against Green Bay.. and Skooby's rich friend could've thrown a 4 yard pass to Parrish that turned into a long touchdown against the Jets.

GFLuNEEDit
11-16-2006, 02:50 PM
They're devoted to the development of Losman AND their rookies. If neither work out, changes will be made after this season. As for your question, I just answered it.

Season does not = over night.

They are developing a QB by deciding not to throw the ball?

So how is he going to develope ? By just being on the field and in the huddle ?

Could you imagine a bowling coach working with an inferior bowler in the same way the Bills are working with an inferior QB ( or underdeveloped QB , take your pick).......

He tells the bowler - I need you to be at the lanes once a week for me to break you of your bad habits.
So the bowler is now at the lanes every Sunday and the coach says- the best thing for us to do at this point is cut the practice down from 4 games to 2 games, this way you won't bowl as many bad games.

PECKERWOOD
11-16-2006, 03:27 PM

Could you imagine a bowling coach working with an inferior bowler in the same way the Bills are working with an inferior QB ( or underdeveloped QB , take your pick).......

He tells the bowler - I need you to be at the lanes once a week for me to break you of your bad habits.
So the bowler is now at the lanes every Sunday and the coach says- the best thing for us to do at this point is cut the practice down from 4 games to 2 games, this way you won't bowl as many bad games.

Riddle me this Batman. :) How is making the QB throw a bunch of times behind an OL that cant give him any protection, going to speed up his development? It seems to me that this could hurt his progress, and destroy his confidence. You may end up creating bad habits by making him make such quick and irrational decisions on a consistent basis.

GFLuNEEDit
11-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Riddle me this Batman. :) How is making the QB throw a bunch of times behind an OL that cant give him any protection, going to speed up his development? It seems to me that this could hurt his progress, and destroy his confidence. You may end up creating bad habits by making him make such quick and irrational decisions on a consistent basis.

If you are worried about destroying his shaky confidence more than improving his inferior QBing skills than you have the wrong guy in there to begin with.

Like I said it's equivalent to a bowler reducing his number of bad games by bowling less games instead of becoming a better bowler.

The_Philster
11-16-2006, 03:33 PM

You make a little bit of sense here...except, they decided to start over with Losman after the bye...and rather than have him pass the ball a lot, they're (supposedly) working him up to that by starting off with running the ball a lot more than the average..and trying to win some games in the process. Their strategy worked against the Packers and nearly worked against the Colts. If there's not more balance against the Texans, however, I'm getting concerned. I still think they went a little overboard against the Colts. Of course, one of the few times they did decide to go for it, they had Royal blocking Freeney

GFLuNEEDit
11-16-2006, 03:38 PM

So that is the point the Bills are at after investing multiple draft choices , millions of dollars and 16 starts ?

They are worrying about his fragile confidence instead of getting him prepared to compete with NFL level QBs ?

That's how far they have come in 3 years with Losman ?

Can you say bust Robin. :) ?

GFLuNEEDit
11-16-2006, 03:41 PM
You make a little bit of sense here...except, they decided to start over with Losman after the bye...and rather than have him pass the ball a lot, they're (supposedly) working him up to that by starting off with running the ball a lot more than the average..and trying to win some games in the process. Their strategy worked against the Packers and nearly worked against the Colts. If there's not more balance against the Texans, however, I'm getting concerned. I still think they went a little overboard against the Colts. Of course, one of the few times they did decide to go for it, they had Royal blocking Freeney

A little sense ?

Phil if it's true that they are starting over with him, as you said, that's a very clear indication that things aren't going well.

Coach Sal
11-16-2006, 03:51 PM
.... and Skooby's rich friend could've thrown a 4 yard pass to Parrish that turned into a long touchdown against the Jets.

I disagree with that.

It was a "hot read," and Losman read it perfectly. He had to make an adjustment after the ball was snapped, be on the same page as Parrish, and throw it to the right spot very quickly.

If we're going to criticize him for plays he doesn't make, we need to be fair and praise him for plays he does make.

PECKERWOOD
11-16-2006, 04:05 PM
So that is the point the Bills are at after investing multiple draft choices , millions of dollars and 16 starts ?

They are worrying about his fragile confidence instead of getting him prepared to compete with NFL level QBs ?

Can you say bust Robin. :) ?

Can you say bust Robin. :)

HAHAHAH! :D

I dont mean to be sarcastic when I say this. But Losman has been here for 3 years. How long has the OL been bad for? About a decade, to be fair? Just because we invested multiple draft picks on Losman, doesn't mean we should feed him to the wolves. We have to protect him at all costs. And since you brought up how much we invested in him, doesn't it seem plausible to protect your investment?

I'm not saying investing so much into Losman was a great idea, nor am I saying he will be a good QB. What I am saying is that he should be protected, and what I am saying is that he should have to pass the ball more once our OL is upgraded.

The_Philster
11-16-2006, 04:10 PM
A little sense ?

Phil if it's true that they are starting over with him, as you said, that's a very clear indication that things aren't going well.
I say a little sense because you must've missed out on the fact that they're starting over with him.....and yes, I'll agree...not a good sign...but considering the alternative was to let him go on the course he had been going on (not getting much better), I'd say it was the only thing they could do. He bombed out in Chicago and his improvements against the Lions and Pats were mediocre at best. I gave him an F for the Bears game, a D- for the Lions and a D for the Pats...slight improvements. Right now, I'd say they have him at a C...if he doesn't improve past that, I think the best he'll do is be a decent backup

GFLuNEEDit
11-16-2006, 05:35 PM
I say a little sense because you must've missed out on the fact that they're starting over with him.....and yes, I'll agree...not a good sign...but considering the alternative was to let him go on the course he had been going on (not getting much better), I'd say it was the only thing they could do. He bombed out in Chicago and his improvements against the Lions and Pats were mediocre at best. I gave him an F for the Bears game, a D- for the Lions and a D for the Pats...slight improvements. Right now, I'd say they have him at a C...if he doesn't improve past that, I think the best he'll do is be a decent backup

Well why are the alternatives so bleak ?

Look at Romo he was on the bench for 3 years .

Another prime example of a huge mistake is Rob Johnson.

If NFL coaches are making these huge mistakes in judging players how are you so certain that Nall is not a possibility ?

Just how bad a QB do you assume Nall to be to say that he is definitely not an improvemnet over Losman.

By the why , Romo didn't take 25 starts to warmup like everyone is claiming to be neccessary. He never had a start until this year.

In fact I don't think he threw one pass in an NFL regular season game in 3 years.

The_Philster
11-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Where have I said that I was certain that Nall wasn't the answer? Putting words in my mouth doesn't help your cause. I will say I have some strong doubts, though...the Packers were going to draft Losman even though Nall was on the roster...and they did wind up drafting Rogers with Nall still on the roster...not good signs.
Now, he can't even unseat Holcomb as the #2 QB...and Holcomb, going off of preseason, is worse this year than he was at the end of last year...and he was pretty putrid at the end of last year as it is

By the why , Romo didn't take 25 starts to warmup like everyone is claiming to be neccessary.dishonesty seems a theme with your posts..some QBs take a long time, some don't...so not everyone is claiming 25 starts to warmup is necessary by any means

GFLuNEEDit
11-16-2006, 05:51 PM
Where have I said that I was certain that Nall wasn't the answer? Putting words in my mouth doesn't help your cause. I will say I have some strong doubts, though...the Packers were going to draft Losman even though Nall was on the roster...and they did wind up drafting Rogers with Nall still on the roster...not good signs.
Now, he can't even unseat Holcomb as the #2 QB...and Holcomb, going off of preseason, is worse this year than he was at the end of last year...and he was pretty putrid at the end of last year as it is

dishonesty seems a theme with your posts..some QBs take a long time, some don't...so not everyone is claiming 25 starts to warmup is necessary by any means

But these two coaching gaffs I pointed out should be dismissed ?

And you are saying that you never dismissed Nall as a possibility ?

Nall being listed as the #3 is just a formality. He was injured during much of the preseason.

The_Philster
11-16-2006, 05:59 PM
But these two coaching gaffs I pointed out should be dismissed ?

And you are saying that you never dismissed Nall as a possibility ?

Nall being listed as the #3 is just a formality. He was injured during much of the preseason.
that was preseason...a long time ago..if he's any good, he should be able to pass Holcomb on the depth chart.....the coaches do have ways of changing around backups during the season...and no, I've never completely dismissed Nall...but I think the odds are stacked against him

GFLuNEEDit
11-16-2006, 06:17 PM
that was preseason...a long time ago..if he's any good, he should be able to pass Holcomb on the depth chart.....the coaches do have ways of changing around backups during the season...and no, I've never completely dismissed Nall...but I think the odds are stacked against him

The odds are stacked against him primarily because he is not on the field.

Another QB coaching blunder is in Miami where they signed Culpepper over Brees . After the fact they made the excuse that they didn't feel secure about signing Brees because he was recovering from an injury. Yet they signed an injured Culpepper and he is on the bench because they claim he isn't healthy. That's what coaches do, they cover their mistakes with BS.

In the case of Null they can't elevate him to #2 , they are already scrambling trying to fend off questions about Losman's progress. Maintaining an image of having no other QB to go to helps them look less inept.

SABURZFAN
11-16-2006, 07:27 PM
Obviously the mass majority. I'm not going to make every point as specific as possible. You should be able to understand what I mean.

explain please.... :popcorn:

PECKERWOOD
11-16-2006, 07:37 PM
explain please.... :popcorn:

It wont do you much good until you learn how to read. I see you can't even spell your own name correctly.

SABURZFAN
11-16-2006, 07:44 PM
It wont do you much good until you learn how to read. I see you can't even spell your own name correctly.

a "unique troll" has a unique way of spelling his name too. :up:

mybills
11-17-2006, 08:12 AM

Let me spell it out for you.
They've been keeping him in the pocket, making him learn from there. In certain games (which Phil already mentioned) the running game is required. So that contradicts your other post of being devoted to developing ONE player for the entire season. Like I said, it's not just the QB, it's the rookies, too.