PDA

View Full Version : No respect for JP on Inside the NFL

Mr. Cynical
11-15-2006, 09:38 PM
They talked about the QB class of 2004 and only mentioned Eli, Rivers and Ben.

Intentional diss, coincidental slip or foreshadowing the future of JP?

GFLuNEEDit
11-15-2006, 09:43 PM

It's simple . Losman has done next to nothing.

The Losman fans don't even put him in that group.

They compare him to rookie QBs instead.

It really demonstrates what a bust he is.

Not once will you hear his supporters say....let's compare JP to his peers...Rothlesburgher, River and Eli Manning.

And you never will.

kinigirly
11-15-2006, 09:47 PM
people don't respect jp? wowww breaking news. i'm shocked katie couric didn't bust in with the story

SABURZFAN
11-15-2006, 10:07 PM

if they were there at the games,they would see that it's not losman who's the problem....ala The Lickers.

SquishDaFish
11-16-2006, 07:30 AM
Inside the NFL sucks anyhow. They dont even show every game in the highlights.

ICE74129
11-16-2006, 07:58 AM
if they were there at the games,they would see that it's not losman who's the problem....ala The Lickers.

Hey just because you go around licking men doesn't mean we do. So quit trying to put us in the same group as you. Just come out, admit it and quit holding back and you will feel better.

Inetpub
11-16-2006, 08:37 AM
Theres no respect for JP here. Theres hope that he might be the QB of the future but really, he has done nothing for respect. You dont get respect automatically because your a Buffalo QB..just ask Bledsoe/Flutie/Holcolmb/Johnson/Collins.....etc etc. You earn respect with play. JP has done nothing to earn respect from Bills fan. The ONLY thing JP has going for him is the hope he is Buffalo's QB of the future.

YardRat
11-16-2006, 08:50 AM
JP's the best quarterback from that draft class.

At least that's what he said leading up to it.

THATHURMANATOR
11-16-2006, 08:52 AM
It's simple . Losman has done next to nothing.

The Losman fans don't even put him in that group.

They compare him to rookie QBs instead.

It really demonstrates what a bust he is.

Not once will you hear his supporters say....let's compare JP to his peers...Rothlesburgher, River and Eli Manning.

And you never will.
Lets compare him to those guys.

Big Ben BLOWS right now(on a much better team)
Eli looks good but not great(on a much better team)
Rivers looks fantastic(on a much better team)

There you go!

I would take any of the three above over JP though.

THATHURMANATOR
11-16-2006, 08:53 AM
people don't respect jp? wowww breaking news. i'm shocked katie couric didn't bust in with the story
Katie was too busy doing a fluff piece on on wed mothers...

Inetpub
11-16-2006, 09:07 AM
Lets compare him to those guys.

Big Ben BLOWS right now(on a much better team)
Eli looks good but not great(on a much better team)
Rivers looks fantastic(on a much better team)

There you go!

I would take any of the three above over JP though.
Ben statistically is better than JP at the moment but he owns a SB ring
Eli was on a 5 game winning streak till they hit Chicago
Rivers looks fantastic

Ever consider these teams are better cause of the QB? Good teams start somewhere. Usually with thier leaders. QBs are usually the leaders of the team. USUALLY. Not always. Sometimes you get freaks of nature like Ray Lewis.

Either way, I'd take them all just for thier leadership skills. JP might have been the best out of the draft but he sure isnt showing it.

Tatonka
11-16-2006, 09:11 AM
ben has better stats than jp right now? really?

LtFinFan66
11-16-2006, 09:12 AM
people don't respect jp? wowww breaking news. i'm shocked katie couric didn't bust in with the story:clap:

THATHURMANATOR
11-16-2006, 09:52 AM
Ben statistically is better than JP at the moment but he owns a SB ring
Eli was on a 5 game winning streak till they hit Chicago
Rivers looks fantastic

Ever consider these teams are better cause of the QB? Good teams start somewhere. Usually with thier leaders. QBs are usually the leaders of the team. USUALLY. Not always. Sometimes you get freaks of nature like Ray Lewis.

Either way, I'd take them all just for thier leadership skills. JP might have been the best out of the draft but he sure isnt showing it.
Yes the team could be good because of the QB also. It is just hard to really tell. Could JP look good on Sandiego? Maybe maybe not.

PECKERWOOD
11-16-2006, 11:17 AM
Respect isn't given, it's earned.

mybills
11-16-2006, 11:44 AM
The Lickers.
58 and counting...

Inetpub
11-16-2006, 12:59 PM
ben has better stats than jp right now? really?
Yep.

Ben Roth: 2043 yards 167/262 attempts 10 TDs vs 14 Ints
JP 1498 Yards 138/224 attempts 7 TDs 6 Ints

Ben might not be winning as many games at the moment but those numbers are FAR superior to JPs. Given he also has 14 Ints which are crap but thats the only stat that he isnt leading is completion percentage. Dont forget Ben also hasnt played everygame and JP has.

I see you quoted 1/2 my sentence so let me add again, He also has a SB ring. So yea I'd rather have a young proven winner than a headcase.

Jeff1220
11-16-2006, 01:09 PM
Yep.

Ben might not be winning as many games at the moment but those numbers are FAR superior to JPs. Given he also has 14 Ints which are crap but thats the only stat that he isnt leading is completion percentage. Dont forget Ben also hasnt played everygame and JP has.

I see you quoted 1/2 my sentence so let me add again, He also has a SB ring. So yea I'd rather have a young proven winner than a headcase.

The last time I checked, a 5:7 ratio (TD to Int) is much worse than a 7:6 ratio. But I'm no Math whiz.

Inetpub
11-16-2006, 02:25 PM
The last time I checked, a 5:7 ratio (TD to Int) is much worse than a 7:6 ratio. But I'm no Math whiz.

and? Last time I checked, 10 TDs is much better than 7. And a SB ring is much better than 0. But I didnt say ratio. I said STATISTICALLY. I could throw 1 TD and 0 ints and have a better ratio. But statistically I threw 1 TD! What about yardage? last time I checked Bens played 7 games, JP 9. Bens average yards per game is above 220 yards per game throwing. JP? 150? Why not use those? Ratios arent the full stats. Its stats divided.

Philagape
11-16-2006, 07:47 PM
It takes a really inferior, simple-minded knowledge of the game to argue quantity over quality.

SABURZFAN
11-16-2006, 07:48 PM
58 and counting...

but who's counting?

GFLuNEEDit
11-16-2006, 09:13 PM
JP's the best quarterback from that draft class.

At least that's what he said leading up to it.

Mcgahee said something very similar.

I wonder if they are still willing to say it

Mr. Cynical
11-16-2006, 09:55 PM
Yep.

Granted this is wysian but Ben threw 7 INTs in 2 games. So you *could* say he just had two reeeeealy bad games whereas JP has been poor for the whole season.

In any case, I don't care what anyone else says, Ben gets a pass from me this year based on what he has had to go through with the accident, appendectomy and concussions. Before all that happened there weren't very many doubters. And IMO, when the cobwebs clear (if they clear) he is going to be right back at the top. A QB who knows how to win.

SABURZFAN
11-16-2006, 09:59 PM
Granted this is wysian but Ben threw 7 INTs in 2 games. So you *could* say he just had two reeeeealy bad games whereas JP has been poor for the whole season.

In any case, I don't care what anyone else says, Ben gets a pass from me this year based on what he has had to go through with the accident, appendectomy and concussions. Before all that happened there weren't very many doubters. And IMO, when the cobwebs clear (if they clear) he is going to be right back at the top. A QB who knows how to win.

even with the setbacks this year,big ben will be more productive as time goes on.the Steelers will have to regroup and focus next year to get close to where they were.

Philagape
11-16-2006, 10:02 PM

No he hasn't. He played well against Miami, at New England and vs. Minnesota. Against the Jets and New England at home, otherwise good games were negated by mistakes. And the last two games have been limited by the low number of attempts but were not poor on a per-pass basis.

SABURZFAN
11-17-2006, 01:26 AM
the last two games have been limited by the low number of attempts but were not poor on a per-pass basis.

which goes to show that none of the coaching staff has confidence in this joke of a QB.if we have zero sucess in the running game,the Bills are screwed.

Night Train
11-17-2006, 05:10 AM
Inside The NFL is such a poor show. How can anyone watch that mindless dreck ?

jamze132
11-17-2006, 05:30 AM

Intentional diss, coincidental slip or foreshadowing the future of **?
** wasn't part of "The Big 3" that Kiper labeled. That is probably why he wasn't mentioned. Besides, who cares?

mybills
11-17-2006, 06:37 AM
but who's counting?
I am. So I can have an accurate number to bust your beans with next year when things turn around. :up:

ddaryl
11-17-2006, 06:45 AM

Intentional diss, coincidental slip or foreshadowing the future of **?

Kind of funny since the only QB in that list this year that deserves any praise is Rivers.

Eli and Ben both are hanging out around PJ Winman's level, and they have significantly better teams around them, and coaches/playbooks that are ore then 1 year old.

SABURZFAN
11-17-2006, 07:10 AM
I am. So I can have an accurate number to bust your beans with next year when things turn around. :up:

i see.... :couch:

Inetpub
11-17-2006, 04:12 PM
It takes a really inferior, simple-minded knowledge of the game to argue quantity over quality.

Agree. ** doesnt need to produce anything. As long as we are limiting him and making him non-existent, we dont really need ** to do anything. That way, his numbers remain low, our TD's stay low, and we have higher chance of losing games because the offense cant score. But what are numbers when the QUALITY is high! Our QB is highly qualified with his resume of 17 games and 4 wins.

But really, it takes an inferior, simple-minded knowledge of the game to realize we dont need to score to win games. All we need is to have a Quality QB that cant do much. Who needs TDs? Obviously not the Buffalo Bills cause Quantity means nothing when the quality is the best. I seriously think we should change the way the NFL scores Wins and Losses. Instead of teams with the most points scored winning, lets say the team with the best QB rating wins! That will definatle give ** an advantage. Although he is still only 19th in the league, we still wouldnt be in the playoffs. BUT he gives us a shot if the wins-loss was based solely on QB rating! Not the quantity of points teams score. Really, scoring should be minor compared to QB Ratings.