PDA

View Full Version : Huff vs. Whitner

raphael120
11-16-2006, 02:12 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=610><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg1 align=middle><TD>Huff

Year
</TD><TD>Team</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>Total</TD><TD>Tkl</TD><TD>Ast</TD><TD>Sacks</TD><TD>Int</TD><TD>Yds</TD><TD>Avg</TD><TD>Lg</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>Pass Def</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>2006</TD><TD align=left>Oakland Raiders</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>42</TD><TD>35.0</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 id=total_CAREER_DEFENSIVEBACK vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD class=bg4 align=left>TOTAL</TD><TD class=bg4 align=left> </TD><TD class=bg4>9</TD><TD class=bg4>42</TD><TD class=bg4>35.0</TD><TD class=bg4>7</TD><TD class=bg4>0</TD><TD class=bg4>0</TD><TD class=bg4>0</TD><TD class=bg4>0.0</TD><TD class=bg4>0</TD><TD class=bg4>0</TD><TD class=bg4>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- begin content-end-rail-player -->
</TD><TD class=rightrail2 width=10>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> Whitner
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0 align=left><TD class=bg0 colSpan=13>Defensive Stats</TD></TR><TR class=bg1 align=middle><TD>Year</TD><TD>Team</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>Total</TD><TD>Tkl</TD><TD>Ast</TD><TD>Sacks</TD><TD>Int</TD><TD>Yds</TD><TD>Avg</TD><TD>Lg</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>Pass Def</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>2006</TD><TD align=left>Buffalo Bills</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>52</TD><TD>33.0</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>10.0</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 id=total_CAREER_DEFENSIVEBACK vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD class=bg4 align=left>TOTAL</TD><TD class=bg4 align=left> </TD><TD class=bg4>9</TD><TD class=bg4>52</TD><TD class=bg4>33.0</TD><TD class=bg4>19</TD><TD class=bg4>0</TD><TD class=bg4>1</TD><TD class=bg4>10</TD><TD class=bg4>10.0</TD><TD class=bg4>10</TD><TD class=bg4>0</TD><TD class=bg4>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Whitner with 1 INT, 2 PD's, 52 tackles.

Huff? 0 and 0, and 42 tackles.

Score one point for the Bills scouting dept.
<!-- begin content-end-rail-player -->

BillsNick
11-16-2006, 02:22 PM
What are Simpson's stats?

OpIv37
11-16-2006, 02:25 PM

I think it's a little early in their careers to make that determination, but the early signs are definitely encouraging :up:

Albany,n.y.
11-16-2006, 05:17 PM
Neither team has a QB and each had their choice of Leinart or Cutler. Ironically, Marv loves Cutler but didn't draft him, which could haunt Marv for the rest of his life.

PECKERWOOD
11-16-2006, 05:20 PM
Neither team has a QB and each had their choice of Leinart or Cutler. Ironically, Marv loves Cutler but didn't draft him, which could haunt Marv for the rest of his life.

Either, decision could of haunted us. To be honest, I was one of those people hoping we picked Leinart.. I was screaming at the top of my lungs when we picked Whitner. Now when I look back, it was the right move. Everytime you see a skill position player with a good pedigree, fall down to you, its natural you want to take him over the nitty gritty positions.

TacklingDummy
11-16-2006, 05:56 PM
Whitner with 1 INT, 2 PD's, 52 tackles.

Huff? 0 and 0, and 42 tackles.

The Bills didn't have a choice between Whitner and Huff. Huff was already gone when Whitner was drafted.

PECKERWOOD
11-16-2006, 05:59 PM
The Bills didn't have a choice between Whitner and Huff. Huff was already gone when Whitner was drafted.

I think the Bills were actually aiming to pick Huff.

Devin
11-16-2006, 06:01 PM
Yeah make no mistake if Huff would have fallen hed be wearing Buffalo red and blue.

While im happy with the Whitner pick, its a bit early to be declaring a winner.

bennprince
11-16-2006, 06:13 PM
Didn't you guys trade up to get Whitner? If I remember correctly Houston was trying to trade up to that spot to take DeAngelo Williams but Buffalo offered more and took Whitner. As much as I like DeAngelo I should probably be thanking you since DeMeco Ryans fell to us (Houston).

Devin
11-16-2006, 06:21 PM
Didn't you guys trade up to get Whitner? If I remember correctly Houston was trying to trade up to that spot to take DeAngelo Williams but Buffalo offered more and took Whitner. As much as I like DeAngelo I should probably be thanking you since DeMeco Ryans fell to us (Houston).

Whitner was taken 8th overall.

We traded up to the 26th spot and selected John McCargo, DT. Chicago got our 2nd rounder and one of our 3rd rounders.

DeAngelo Williams went the very next pick to Carolina.

GFLuNEEDit
11-16-2006, 07:39 PM
Very few safeties in the history of the league are worth taking that high. To me it's like comparing two mistakes. But if I had to choose I'd say Buffalo made the bigger mistake. No question.

jamze132
11-17-2006, 05:48 AM
Very few safeties in the history of the league are worth taking that high. To me it's like comparing two mistakes. But if I had to choose I'd say Buffalo made the bigger mistake. No question.
Have the Buffalo Bills ever did anything right in your eyes?

Stewie
11-17-2006, 07:41 AM
To say its not worth taking xxxx position high is dumb.

50% of first round picks are busts. So it really doesn't matter what position you take, as long as the guy is good enough to start and play for years, it was a good pick.

BlackMetalNinja
11-17-2006, 07:46 AM
To say its not worth taking xxxx position high is dumb.

50% of first round picks are busts. So it really doesn't matter what position you take, as long as the guy is good enough to start and play for years, it was a good pick.

And I think we've already seen with Whitner that it should be the case for him that he can be an effective starter for us for a while. You can debate all day about skill vs. need when it comes to drafting... it's just about always a crapshoot anymore though. With this team, we're at a point where a single star isn't going to help us that much, we seem to be much better off taking people in positions that we really need to improve. We started in the right direction this year, but we still obviously have some glaring spots that need more help this offseason. Most of those that have been in need for the past several years.

And yes, that was an unsubtle dig at our crappy offensive line and the complete lack of interested the organization has taken in rebuidling it...

Elminster
11-17-2006, 10:21 AM
How so? Jay Cutler reminds me of some one already on the roster by the name of ** ******....to something of an eerie extent. If we're going to draft a replacement for **, why draft his seperated-before-brith-and-injected-back-in-after-2-years-long-lost twin?

DraftBoy
11-17-2006, 10:26 AM

You cant even justify this point

Saratoga Slim
11-17-2006, 02:54 PM
At this point Whitner is playing as well or a little better than Huff. Which doesn't necessarily mean that Whitner is a better player. However, it is an indication that whitner deserved his Top 10 status. I mean, all the experts agreed that Huff was top 10 material, and if Whitner's playing as well or better than Huff......

dplus47
11-17-2006, 03:12 PM
both should be solid players for years to come. can't go wrong choosing either one, IMO.

justasportsfan
11-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Have the Buffalo Bills ever did anything right in your eyes?
Don't mind him. He's a troll.