PDA

View Full Version : Does everyone realize a few of the stats here?

X-Era
11-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Roth leads the league in INT's, Frye is #2, Grossman #3, Plummer is #6, JP is tied with 4 others for the tenth spot with 6 along with Delhomme and Carson Palmer

Garrard, Young, and Romo are #1, 2, and 3 with the leagues worst yards per game, JP is 1 below Mike Vick and 2 below Jake Plummer

JP has a better completion percentage than Brady, McNair, Delhomme, Favre, McNabb, Grossman, Harrington, Garrard

JP has more total yards than Harrington, Young, Leftwich, Garrard, only >100 behind Plummer

JP has a better passers rating than Roth, Frye, Harrington, McNair, Plummer, Garrard, Young

Guys, Ive said time and time again that he is playing like an average QB, hes virtually having the same year as Jake Plummer and Jake has a better team.

Yet many here say we should get Jake Plummer, Garrard, Romo's, etc...

Why does that drastically change our fortunes? The stats dont show that at all.

Look, I dont care about the stats, hes neither a stud nor a clown. Hes a guy that may or may not become anything great. Hes a guy on a team with a bad pass protecting o-line.

Say what you will but adding some other teams backup or some high draftee WONT make any drastic impact without big changes along the o-line at least. At THAT point, why wont JP be just as good an option?

This is the MOST overhyped discussion I have EVER seen, yes it is even beating out the RJ vs. Flutie debate in my mind.

It doesnt matter who runs the team right now, and it wont matter who runs it if we make the important fixes.

Make the fixes, and if JP STILL stinks, can his ass and get someone good NOT some average player or other teams backup.

Inetpub
11-16-2006, 04:58 PM
Where do you find your stats? www.trashtalk.com? (http://www.trashtalk.com?)

Garrard, Young, and Romo are #1, 2, and 3 with the leagues worst yards per game, JP is 1 below Mike Vick and 2 below Jake Plummer Garrards played 2 and a half games. He has 478 yards in 2.5 games. Thats almost 200 yards a game. JP is over 200 yards/game?

Romo averages 280 yards a game. 4 games 1124 yards. Your doing the math like they've played all 9 games. They havent. Although they may have dressed, they werent in the game to produce.

JP has more total yards than Harrington, Young, Leftwich, Garrard, only >100 behind Plummer Again, you got Harrington in there after only 4 games vs JP's 9. You got Leftwich and Garrard who both play on the same team! They both didnt play in 9 games!

One stat you did forget, Fumbles. JP leads all QBs in fumbles with 9. Although I admit he hasnt had much the last 2 games due to the fact he really hasnt done much in them. How about lost yardages? Hes gotten sacked 30 times for -243 yards. Even Oakland's QB has a lower lost yardage than JP. Walter is at -218 after 40 sacks! How do you explain Walter only losing 5.5 yards per sack to JP's 8.1? The Oline in Oakland is worse than Buffalo's.

I suggest you look back and think about what stats your bringing in. If you are comparing JP's 9 games to what a QB has done in 4 games, obviously JP's stats should be higher.

LtBillsFan66
11-16-2006, 05:06 PM
How's his int/attempt % compated to other QBs?

GFLuNEEDit
11-16-2006, 05:07 PM

Garrards played 2 and a half games. He has 478 yards in 2.5 games. Thats almost 200 yards a game. JP is over 200 yards/game?

Romo averages 280 yards a game. 4 games 1124 yards. Your doing the math like they've played all 9 games. They havent. Although they may have dressed, they werent in the game to produce.
Again, you got Harrington in there after only 4 games vs JP's 9. You got Leftwich and Garrard who both play on the same team! They both didnt play in 9 games!

One stat you did forget, Fumbles. JP leads all QBs in fumbles with 9. Although I admit he hasnt had much the last 2 games due to the fact he really hasnt done much in them. How about lost yardages? Hes gotten sacked 30 times for -243 yards. Even Oakland's QB has a lower lost yardage than JP. Walter is at -218 after 40 sacks! How do you explain Walter only losing 5.5 yards per sack to JP's 8.1? The Oline in Oakland is worse than Buffalo's.

I suggest you look back and think about what stats your bringing in. If you are comparing JP's 9 games to what a QB has done in 4 games, obviously JP's stats should be higher.

I can't believe that this Jp-era can't get his through his head. Didn't we just get done straightening him out on this in that other post.

LtBillsFan66
11-16-2006, 05:07 PM
JP has more total yards than Harrington, Young, Leftwich, Garrard

Who has played more games? More attempts?

GFLuNEEDit
11-16-2006, 05:08 PM
Roth leads the league in INT's, Frye is #2, Grossman #3, Plummer is #6, JP is tied with 4 others for the tenth spot with 6 along with Delhomme and Carson Palmer

Garrard, Young, and Romo are #1, 2, and 3 with the leagues worst yards per game, JP is 1 below Mike Vick and 2 below Jake Plummer

JP has a better completion percentage than Brady, McNair, Delhomme, Favre, McNabb, Grossman, Harrington, Garrard

JP has more total yards than Harrington, Young, Leftwich, Garrard, only >100 behind Plummer

JP has a better passers rating than Roth, Frye, Harrington, McNair, Plummer, Garrard, Young

Guys, Ive said time and time again that he is playing like an average QB, hes virtually having the same year as Jake Plummer and Jake has a better team.

Yet many here say we should get Jake Plummer, Garrard, Romo's, etc...

Why does that drastically change our fortunes? The stats dont show that at all.

Look, I dont care about the stats, hes neither a stud nor a clown. Hes a guy that may or may not become anything great. Hes a guy on a team with a bad pass protecting o-line.

Say what you will but adding some other teams backup or some high draftee WONT make any drastic impact without big changes along the o-line at least. At THAT point, why wont JP be just as good an option?

This is the MOST overhyped discussion I have EVER seen, yes it is even beating out the RJ vs. Flutie debate in my mind.

It doesnt matter who runs the team right now, and it wont matter who runs it if we make the important fixes.

Make the fixes, and if JP STILL stinks, can his ass and get someone good NOT some average player or other teams backup.

Romo averages 294 yards per game in 3 starts

I think the fact that you go by the name jp-era explains this halucination

Inetpub
11-16-2006, 05:22 PM
The thing people are seeing here are just stats. JP can play another 4 years and rack up the stats.
But,

What people cant say are how JP, after 17 games, still telegraphs passes. He still holds the ball low to his hips. He still has to learn to protect the ball with 2 hands rather than hold with 1. He still makes some simple mistakes that people dont want to see in QBs. I'll be the first one to admit the last 2 games, he hasnt made many errors, BUT, he really hasnt done anything the last 2 games. Whether its because his fault or the coaching. Some of it has to do with coaching. They arent trusting him to make those throws.

83 yards is disgusting. Whats more is 38 yards came from the first possession. What happened between the first series where he had confidence to the next 10 where he didnt generate anything is beyond anyone but JP and the Coaches. Either way, Thats what this post should be about. Not stats like TDs/Ints/Ratios. Stats tell lies. JP's stats look decent but it doesnt reflect in our 3-6 record. It doesnt show his early games where JP was picking up yards in garbage time.

Inetpub
11-16-2006, 05:31 PM
Who in the world gave this post a 1 star terrible rating? This is the most accurate post ever. Gives you an indepth to how great JP's stats are. Stats wise how dominant of a QB he is.

Give it an Good atleast. I'll be putting my 4 stars on this post. It would have gotten 5 but I reserve 5 stars for the best of the best.

X-Era
11-16-2006, 05:31 PM

Garrards played 2 and a half games. He has 478 yards in 2.5 games. Thats almost 200 yards a game. JP is over 200 yards/game?

Again, you got Harrington in there after only 4 games vs JP's 9. You got Leftwich and Garrard who both play on the same team! They both didnt play in 9 games!

No arguement that Garrard, and Romo havent played all the games. You claim that we should get guys like Romo based on his 3 games. Thats a flippin joke and you ought to know that.

Funny how you just skipped so many of the other names and stats. Facts are facts, JP is no better or worse than about average and NONE of the guys you haters are "wishing" for is any better.

Hate all you like, but theres little facts to back up these other guys that you haters are clamoring for.

Inetpub
11-16-2006, 05:39 PM
No arguement that Garrard, and Romo havent played all the games. You claim that we should get guys like Romo based on his 3 games. Thats a flippin joke and you ought to know that.

Funny how you just skipped so many of the other names and stats. Facts are facts, JP is no better or worse than about average and NONE of the guys you haters are "wishing" for is any better.

Hate all you like, but theres little facts to back up these other guys that you haters are clamoring for.

And your claim of JP is what? Dillusional? Smoke much?

After 3 games, Romo has done MORE than JP has after 3 games. How long has it taken JP this year to throw for 8 TDs? oh wait. Hes still at 7!

The facts arent little. Theres little facts showing JP as successful. Romo, well the facts we currently see are much better than JP's. Either way, hes not our QB so it doesnt matter. JP is the QB. What matters is he get better or ship out.

X-Era
11-16-2006, 05:39 PM
How's his int/attempt % compated to other QBs?

So were looking at 6/224= 2%

Plummer- 10/248= 4%
Frye- 12/288= 4%
Brady- 9/304= 2.9%
McNair- 9/270= 3%
Roth- 14/262= 5%
Romo- 4/128= 3%
Rivers- 3/274= 1%
Walter- 9/216= 4%

So only Rivers is better than JP at least on this list

TacklingDummy
11-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Stats. can be twisted to fit any arguement someone wants to make. I've been doing it for years.

The stat. I care about the most, besides Win/Loss, is TD passes. JP has 7 in 9 games, 30th in the NFL.

In comparison Harrington has 6 TD passes in less games.
Senaca Wallace has 6 also.
Leftwich and Bledsoe have just as many as JP and whens the last time they even played?

X-Era
11-16-2006, 05:43 PM
And your claim of JP is what? Dillusional? Smoke much?

After 3 games, Romo has done MORE than JP has after 3 games. How long has it taken JP this year to throw for 8 TDs? oh wait. Hes still at 7!

The facts arent little. Theres little facts showing JP as successful. Romo, well the facts we currently see are much better than JP's. Either way, hes not our QB so it doesnt matter. JP is the QB. What matters is he get better or ship out.

What was Dallas's record last year? Whos there head coach? Whos that WR they have? How did Dallas's D do last year? How about this year?

9-7, Parcells, TO, 10th in the league, 3rd in the league

So Romo steps into a playoff team with a previous pro-bowl LT, hall of fame coach, and one of the leagues best WR's and plays average?

Wow, thats impressive...NOT

GFLuNEEDit
11-16-2006, 05:46 PM

Delusional

X-Era
11-16-2006, 05:47 PM
Stats. can be twisted to fit any arguement someone wants to make. I've been doing it for years.

The stat. I care about the most, besides Win/Loss, is TD passes. JP has 7 in 9 games, 30th in the NFL.

In comparison Harrington has 6 TD passes in less games.
Senaca Wallace has 6 also.
Leftwich and Bledsoe have just as many as JP and whens the last time they even played?

True, wish we had more TD's. Hows that team doing around him? Hows our D? o-line?

Thanks guys but you cant blame all or none of it on JP.

X-Era
11-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Delusional

Wow, that was deep, and a well rounded, strong arguement.

Your rep does a good job representing you

TacklingDummy
11-16-2006, 05:51 PM
True, wish we had more TD's. Hows that team doing around him? Hows our D? o-line?

The D has keep us in almost every game.

X-Era
11-16-2006, 05:57 PM
The D has keep us in almost every game.

And yet still allowed the opponent to put up more points.

GFLuNEEDit
11-16-2006, 05:57 PM

How does anyone look at a set of statistic that clearly show Romo's yds per game near or at the top of NFL QBs and wind up starting a thread saying he has the worst ?

And after being corrected several times on this already.

That's delusional.

X-Era
11-16-2006, 06:02 PM
How does anyone look at a set of statistic that clearly show Romo's yds per game near or at the top of NFL QBs and wind up starting a thread saying he has the worst ?

And after being corrected several times on this already.

That's delusional.

Did you skip the part that took a look at his team, coach, last years results, D?

Its the same situation? Hes a wonder stud after 3 games? Can I put this down in writing so that when he falls flat on his face I can bash away at the bandwagon jumping clowns who keep posting this drivel?

GFLuNEEDit
11-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Did you skip the part that took a look at his team, coach, last years results, D?

Its the same situation? Hes a wonder stud after 3 games? Can I put this down in writing so that when he falls flat on his face I can bash away at the bandwagon jumping clowns who keep posting this drivel?

I skipped nothing, you said in one thread that Romo's ave yds per game was 124.

And in this thread you say that he is at the bottom in yds per game.

You were already told before you started this thread that his average in his only 3 career starts is 294 yards per game.

Yet you told ineptub to read the stats before he runs his yap and then you posted this nonsense anyways.

That's delusional.

X-Era
11-16-2006, 06:25 PM
I skipped nothing, you said in one thread that Romo's ave yds per game was 124.

And in this thread you say that he is at the bottom in yds per game.

You were already told before you started this thread that his average in his only 3 career starts is 294 yards per game.

Yet you told ineptub to read the stats before he runs his yap and then you posted this nonsense anyways.

That's delusional.

Uggghhh, threads been officially hijacked.

SABURZFAN
11-16-2006, 07:19 PM

:bf1:

good post.... :up:

SABURZFAN
11-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Uggghhh, threads been officially hijacked.

and not a fellow Licker to help defend your statements either. :roflmao:

GFLuNEEDit
11-16-2006, 07:31 PM
and not a fellow Licker to help defend your statements either. :roflmao:
:lol!:

TacklingDummy
11-16-2006, 07:35 PM
:lol!:

:lol:

SABURZFAN
11-16-2006, 07:36 PM
:biggrin: