PDA

View Full Version : "Peoiple who don't like JP...

Yasgur's Farm
11-16-2006, 05:03 PM
... may have to get use to having him around." :dance:

That's what Leo Roth said in an interview with Mike Catalana on the 6:00 news.

He also said that he thinks JP's back as the starter next season. :clap:

I'll link it up when it becomes available.

LtBillsFan66
11-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Who is Mike Catalana?

Yasgur's Farm
11-16-2006, 05:10 PM
Sports director for WHAM 13 here in Rochester. Leo Roth writes for the D & C.

Devin
11-16-2006, 05:12 PM
So as a 4th year rookie if JP plays poorly again are we all in agreement he should be replaced?

Albany,n.y.
11-16-2006, 05:12 PM
I think Leo Roth will be on WHAM at 7.

GFLuNEEDit
11-16-2006, 05:16 PM
Who is Mike Catalana?

I never heard of him.

GFLuNEEDit
11-16-2006, 05:17 PM

Oh good so nothing has changed then, Losman won't be starting next year.

Yasgur's Farm
11-16-2006, 05:21 PM
Keep telling yourself that.

Inetpub
11-16-2006, 05:28 PM

Yep. Totally agree.

Thats a mighty good skill to have. Reminds me of the time I was flying with a red cape around the world. I think my skill is better than the ability to predict the future.

These guys have been watching too much of NBC's Heroes.

X-Era
11-16-2006, 05:55 PM
So as a 4th year rookie if JP plays poorly again are we all in agreement he should be replaced?

Id have to say yes.

If he cant develop into a guy who wins you games even on a sucky team, then he probably has to go.

However, I believe we will make the necessary changes to the team to NOT be counting on him to win as much as we have.

AND I honestly think he will do just fine under that.

But whether we build a better team in the offseason or not, he can have another year and if he blows it, hes gone, period!

This is a change. I have said that he gets the season to prove himslef. But watching the o-line around him I really think you cant even expect him to develop under it at this point. They were PUTRID this past week.

If he has another few Chicago games, I might be arguing to can him after this season.

However, the facts are the facts and the Bills dont seem to be willing to cut him yet and may start him next season as well.

Yasgur's Farm
11-16-2006, 05:58 PM
Careful jp-era... The ball less negg monster lurks.

X-Era
11-16-2006, 06:00 PM
Careful jp-era... The ball less negg monster lurks.

I cant figure out who your talking about

SABURZFAN
11-16-2006, 06:57 PM

get ready for ANOTHER top 8 draft pick in 2008.... :down:

SABURZFAN
11-16-2006, 06:58 PM
I cant figure out who your talking about

The_Groanster

PECKERWOOD
11-16-2006, 07:44 PM
get ready for ANOTHER top 8 draft pick in 2008.... :down:

The_Groanster

he'll fly the coop when his contract is up.he'll go to another team,play pathetic,and never be heard from again.just like rob johnson.....

:roflmao:

:lolpoint: JustPathetic era

hater........ :snicker:

what a weak ass excuse..... :down:

I see you rarely post anything over a sentence long. Welcome to ignore.

SABURZFAN
11-16-2006, 07:46 PM

:bravo:

TacklingDummy
11-16-2006, 07:53 PM

Dude, anything over a sentence doesn't get read on here.

SABURZFAN
11-16-2006, 07:54 PM

especially when they want to argue with you until their fingers fall off the keyboard.

PECKERWOOD
11-16-2006, 08:05 PM

Why are you here then? I'm not calling you an idiot or anything like that. But reading one liners with little to no insight is just BORING. I'm past that, and I love to read. To be honest, I usually scim past most of the one liners. The bottom line is, if you put little thought into what you write. I will put little thought into it when I read it.

Philagape
11-16-2006, 08:08 PM
What's true for QBs is true for posts ... Quality matters more than quantity.

It's OK to post one-liners ... unless they have the intelligence and maturity of eighth-grade text messages, like that list above.

LtBillsFan66
11-16-2006, 09:03 PM
So who gives a **** what he has to say.

GFLuNEEDit
11-16-2006, 09:06 PM

exactly

He's reporting BS to people in Rochester that's their problem.

SquishDaFish
11-16-2006, 09:07 PM
The zones problem is posters like GFlu

Philagape
11-16-2006, 09:09 PM

Who gives a **** what anyone here has to say? The content of a post matters more than who's saying it.

GFLuNEEDit
11-16-2006, 09:19 PM
The zones problem is posters like GFlu

:cry:

TigerJ
11-16-2006, 09:20 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if JP is back. I think the Bills will attempt to do a fairly serious upgrade on their offensive line in the form of one or two first day draft picks and maybe a higher grade of veteran free agent. I think the Bills think that JP will be OK when the line is better.

SquishDaFish
11-16-2006, 09:26 PM
:cry:

I see your copying your heros posts again follower.

SABURZFAN
11-16-2006, 09:26 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if JP is back. I think the Bills will attempt to do a fairly serious upgrade on their offensive line in the form of one or two first day draft picks and maybe a higher grade of veteran free agent. I think the Bills think that JP will be OK when the line is better.

by the time the OL gets better,he'll be gone.

Bling
11-16-2006, 09:32 PM
Anyone know how many yards Drew Bledsoe put up behind this Bills O-Line that has sucked for years?

SABURZFAN
11-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Anyone know how many yards Drew Bledsoe put up behind this Bills O-Line that has sucked for years?

go check for yourself at nfl.com. :rolleyes:

PECKERWOOD
11-16-2006, 09:39 PM

Atleast, Drew had Jonas Jennings.

SABURZFAN
11-16-2006, 09:45 PM
Atleast, Drew had Jonas Jennings.

but jennings bolted for more money.the Bills weren't going to fork out the dough when he started getting injured here and there.

chernobylwraiths
11-16-2006, 09:52 PM
I just don't see JP lasting beyond this year. His play has been mostly poor. He might have a poor line, but one of his talents was supposed to be his mobility and getting away from the rush. It just doesn't seem that he can move the offense with any consistancy. I just don't think he has what it takes to be a good NFL QB. At least not now and for the foreseeable future.

SABURZFAN
11-16-2006, 09:55 PM
I just don't see JP lasting beyond this year. His play has been mostly poor. He might have a poor line, but one of his talents was supposed to be his mobility and getting away from the rush. It just doesn't seem that he can move the offense with any consistancy. I just don't think he has what it takes to be a good NFL QB. At least not now and for the foreseeable future.

i hope you're right.

Philagape
11-16-2006, 09:55 PM

First, it has NOT been mostly poor. It's been poor at times.

Second, he's not running because the coaches are admittedly telling him not to.

Third, it's up to the whole offense to move the offense.

SquishDaFish
11-16-2006, 09:56 PM
If the coaches would let him run then we could find out what would happen with the O.

chernobylwraiths
11-16-2006, 10:03 PM
First, it has NOT been mostly poor. It's been poor at times.

Second, he's not running because the coaches are admittedly telling him not to.

Third, it's up to the whole offense to move the offense.

First he has been poor more often than he has not.

Second, sure the coaches are telling him not to run, but they aren't telling him to stand back there and get killed either. They just don't want him taking off after two seconds.

Third, while true, it is mostly it is looked upon as the QBs main responsisbility. I don't know, but does JP ever change the play at the line if the defense looks ready for it?

SquishDaFish
11-16-2006, 10:09 PM
The coaches are not letting him run or Audible.

Philagape
11-16-2006, 10:12 PM
First he has been poor more often than he has not.

Absolutely not. That cannot be said about someone who has more TDs than INTs and has a percentage in the 60s. No way.

Second, sure the coaches are telling him not to run, but they aren't telling him to stand back there and get killed either. They just don't want him taking off after two seconds.

Which is what he has sometimes. I wonder why he doesn't scramble more too, but I get the impression he's on a tight leash.

Third, while true, it is mostly it is looked upon as the QBs main responsisbility. I don't know, but does JP ever change the play at the line if the defense looks ready for it?

I don't know either.

TacklingDummy
11-17-2006, 04:47 AM
I see your copying your heros posts again follower.

Damnit, I keep moving down your board. What happened to the times when I was the biggest ****** criticizer?

Yasgur's Farm
11-17-2006, 06:30 AM
For the Moe Ron's who claim "mostly poor play"...

9 game starts in 2006...
8 of which he had a passer rating of over 70.
7 of which he had a passer rating of over 80.
3 of which he had a passer rating of over 90.
1 of which he had a passer rating of over 100.

That's pretty damned goog. I think you'll need to revise your definition of "poor".

SABURZFAN
11-17-2006, 07:14 AM
For the Moe Ron's who claim "mostly poor play"...

9 game starts in 2006...
8 of which he had a passer rating of over 70.
7 of which he had a passer rating of over 80.
3 of which he had a passer rating of over 90.
1 of which he had a passer rating of over 100.

That's pretty damned goog. I think you'll need to revise your definition of "poor".

the passing rating is about as useless ass slugging percentage in baseball.rob johnson had a great passing rating and look where he got.NOWHERE!!!!!!!the same place we're going now.

Ickybaluky
11-17-2006, 07:38 AM
the passing rating is about as useless ass slugging percentage in baseball.rob johnson had a great passing rating and look where he got.NOWHERE!!!!!!!the same place we're going now.

Passer rating is a measure of efficiency, and the QB has been somewhat efficient as indicated by his comp%, which is solid.

However, part of the reason he has been more efficient this year is because of the conservative nature of the offense. He isn't called on to do much, which is why his production numbers (Yards, TDs, Yds/Att) suck.

**L is on pace for a little over 2600 yards and 12 TDs for the full season. That is a big reason why the Bills struggle to score points.

Yasgur's Farm
11-17-2006, 07:38 AM
the passing rating is about as useless ass slugging percentage in baseball.rob johnson had a great passing rating and look where he got.NOWHERE!!!!!!!the same place we're going now.Standard response #121.

You continue to combat facts with exceptions to the rule. Your responses are not logic based but rather the result of hatred.

BTW... league average passer rating is 75.6... His is at 80.5... 19th overall.

Yasgur's Farm
11-17-2006, 07:45 AM
Passer rating is a measure of efficiency, and the QB has been somewhat efficient as indicated by his comp%, which is solid.

However, part of the reason he has been more efficient this year is because of the conservative nature of the offense. He isn't called on to do much, which is why his production numbers (Yards, TDs, Yds/Att) suck.

**L is on pace for a little over 2600 yards and 12 TDs for the full season. That is a big reason why the Bills struggle to score points.Actually his yards per attempt (6.69), TD percentage per attempt (3.1%), INT percentage per attempt (2.7) are all quite respectable.

BTW his yards per attempt the last 3 games has been 7.25.

GFLuNEEDit
11-17-2006, 07:55 AM
Actually his yards per attempt (6.69), TD percentage per attempt (3.1%), INT percentage per attempt (2.7) are all quite respectable.

The offense is putting up next to nothing on the scoreboard.

Yasgur's Farm
11-17-2006, 08:22 AM
The QB's number is 7... I'm not aware of him wearing any other number. I'm also not aware that he has any say in game planning.

What he's being asked to do... He's doing an adequate job... AND IMPROVING!!!

Bill Cody
11-17-2006, 08:28 AM
The offense is putting up next to nothing on the scoreboard.

So what? Points aren't important- passer rating is. We may lose every game, but we'll do it efficiently.:dance:

Yasgur's Farm
11-17-2006, 08:34 AM
So what? Points aren't important- passer rating is. We may lose every game, but we'll do it efficiently.:dance:How's Drew doing anyway?

Ickybaluky
11-17-2006, 09:28 AM
Actually his yards per attempt (6.69), TD percentage per attempt (3.1%), INT percentage per attempt (2.7) are all quite respectable.

Those percentages are not as relevant because he is throwing fewer passes. I'd be more impressed if he had to throw more and deeper.

Bottom line is his production numbers aren't that great. He is only throwing for 166 Yds/Gm, you can't get around that. The offense isn't scoring a lot of points, and the team is afraid to let him throw the ball more because the more he throws the more it exposes his weaknessess.

patmoran2006
11-17-2006, 09:48 AM
i hope you're right.
That's the difference between me and you. WE both think that ****** but sucks, but unlike you, I DONT WANT him to suck.

The last thing I want is for the Bills to have to invest a top 10 pick in a QB, or invest a ton of dough into bringing a quality quarterback in as a FA. They have enough holes to fill already.

As of now, I think they have too, because J-Loss straight-up blows.. But it doesnt make me happy watching him stink up the field every week. I wish he'd get A LOT better really quick so its one less off-season headache.

Bill Cody
11-17-2006, 11:30 AM
How's Drew doing anyway?

If he's done, and it appears that way, he's had a nice career. Mullet head only needs like 240 TD passes and 40k+ yards to pass him.:rrich:

PECKERWOOD
11-17-2006, 01:06 PM
Damnit, I keep moving down your board. What happened to the times when I was the biggest ****** criticizer?

LMFAO

PECKERWOOD
11-17-2006, 01:12 PM
That's the difference between me and you. WE both think that ****** but sucks, but unlike you, I DONT WANT him to suck.

The last thing I want is for the Bills to have to invest a top 10 pick in a QB, or invest a ton of dough into bringing a quality quarterback in as a FA. They have enough holes to fill already.

As of now, I think they have too, because J-Loss straight-up blows.. But it doesnt make me happy watching him stink up the field every week. I wish he'd get A LOT better really quick so its one less off-season headache.

Good view, Pat. Difference of opinion is what makes this board great, it's just how you present your opinion that is important. It seems like most bashers want to see ****** fail, and they would rather be right about him, than to be wrong and eat crow. I'm glad we have some bashers that are still Bill's fans and want to see our QB succeed.

Jan Reimers
11-17-2006, 01:29 PM
** is doing quite well, considering that our O line is abominable, our TEs have hands like dinner plates, we have Lee Evans and the 5 dwarfs at WR, and our playcalling is about as interesting as a TacklingDummy post.

I think he should start next year, hopefully surrounded by more than 2 or 3 guys who can actually play the game.

SABURZFAN
11-17-2006, 03:38 PM

**L is on pace for a little over 2600 yards and 12 TDs for the full season. That is a big reason why the Bills struggle to score points.

that doesn't sound efficient to me. :ill:

SABURZFAN
11-17-2006, 03:43 PM
So what? Points aren't important- passer rating is. We may lose every game, but we'll do it efficiently.:dance:

we've been doing it for his last 16-17 starts.why change it now?

SABURZFAN
11-17-2006, 04:12 PM

and that's where you are wrong.i've said numerous times that i hope he proves me wrong.doesn't look like it so far,does it?what's next?you going to say that i hope he gets injured?

ParanoidAndroid
11-17-2006, 04:27 PM
How's Drew doing anyway?

:chuckle:

GFLuNEEDit
11-17-2006, 04:31 PM
]** is doing quite well[/B], considering that our O line is abominable, our TEs have hands like dinner plates, we have Lee Evans and the 5 dwarfs at WR, and our playcalling is about as interesting as a TacklingDummy post.

I think he should start next year, hopefully surrounded by more than 2 or 3 guys who can actually play the game.

What are you watching ?

justasportsfan
11-17-2006, 04:51 PM
The zones problem is posters like GFlucheck out who groaned you with this post. The Troll Patroll. :snicker:

justasportsfan
11-17-2006, 04:53 PM
and that's where you are wrong.i've said numerous times that i hope he proves me wrong.doesn't look like it so far,does it?what's next?you going to say that i hope he gets injured?
haha! Look at Moran and Saburz trying to BS each other.It's almost like the Menendez bros. pointing at each other. :snicker:

The_Philster
11-17-2006, 05:08 PM
What are you watching ?
He's watching the Bills games, of course.

Yasgur's Farm
11-17-2006, 05:43 PM
These bashers (I'm not including patmoran) will be nipping at s'namsoL PJ heels his entire career. These are the decendents of those who wanted Frank Reich to replace Jim Kelly.

It's almost as though he dekcuf their little sister. Afterall... Nobody should be gnikcuf their little sister except for them.