• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla admin
    • Jul 2002

Texans weakened for Bills

A week after losing to the best team in the National Football League, the Buffalo Bills have a weaker and wounded foe in their headlights.
    Injuries figure to be a huge factor Sunday when the Bills visit the Houston Texans in a battle of 3-6 teams.
    The Texans will be without both starting offensive tackles, both starting defensive tackles and their third cornerback. The Bills are in relatively good health for this point in the season but suffered a blow to their offensive line in Sunday's game. Starting right guard Chris Villarrial reinjured a tendon in his ankle and probably is lost for the season, coach Dick Jauron said Wednesday.
    full story

We have a very good shot of improved offensive production with all the defensive injuries the Texans have.

A Train says in the article, ""I think we've got a different game plan than we had last week. We're going to try to be more balanced. . . . We'll try to move the ball in different ways this week."

• bennprince
    • Nov 2006

Re: Texans weakened for Bills

We (Houston) don't lose much of anything without Travis Johnson and Lewis Sanders. They are probably 2 of our worse players on defense. And this is the 3rd best defense (yards allowed per game) over its past 6 games. The defense's biggest weakness is the 2 OLB's. If you guys can exploit them running the ball and with passes to TE's and RB's you could have a good day offensively.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

The Lions, Green Bay and Colts all had weaknesses on defense and we didn't do much against them.

The Texans will look like the Steel Curtain this week.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by bennprince
        We (Houston) don't lose much of anything without Travis Johnson and Lewis Sanders. They are probably 2 of our worse players on defense. And this is the 3rd best defense (yards allowed per game) over its past 6 games. The defense's biggest weakness is the 2 OLB's. If you guys can exploit them running the ball and with passes to TE's and RB's you could have a good day offensively.
        We dont have real TEs lol.

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

we don't have anyone that can throw a pass to a TE.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

If you guys can exploit them running the ball and with passes to TE's and RB's you could have a good day offensively.
            anyone have Pete Metzelaars in their rolodex? I think he was still on the roster the last time a TE caught a pass in Buffalo.

oh, and don't worry about losing your corners. We've already played 3 teams with depleted secondaries and didn't even try to go downfield to test them.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• northernbillfan
              Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              anyone have Pete Metzelaars in their rolodex? I think he was still on the roster the last time a TE caught a pass in Buffalo.

oh, and don't worry about losing your corners. We've already played 3 teams with depleted secondaries and didn't even try to go downfield to test them.
              Reimersma was pretty good.

Royal has 9 or 10 on the year. His only downfall is that he's not a good blocker.
              When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                Reimersma was pretty good.

Royal has 9 or 10 on the year. His only downfall is that he's not a good blocker.
                and he drops passes. And he commits too many penalties.

As far as Reimersma- he was decent at catching the ball but he had to be the worst YAC TE in the history of the game. I can't tell you how many times he had the ball in wide open field and stumbled over his own two feet, allowing the D to catch up and costing us 10+ yards. Also he couldn't break tackles- he was routinely dropped by CB's that he outweighed by 50-60 lbs.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
                  Senior Zoner
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                  The Lions, Green Bay and Colts all had weaknesses on defense and we didn't do much against them.

I don't know what the average is but if took out the points scored by the defense and special teams, it's absolutely putrid.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

Ill be there.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      and he drops passes. And he commits too many penalties.

As far as Reimersma- he was decent at catching the ball but he had to be the worst YAC TE in the history of the game. I can't tell you how many times he had the ball in wide open field and stumbled over his own two feet, allowing the D to catch up and costing us 10+ yards. Also he couldn't break tackles- he was routinely dropped by CB's that he outweighed by 50-60 lbs.
                      Thats an upgrade over what we got.. If I remember correctly, Reimersma was a solid redzone threat. He sure knew how to bring in a tough catch for 6.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy

i guess we'll have to rely on our defense to score points since our joke of a QB can't must any kind of offense.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• jamze132
                          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Typ0
                          we don't have anyone that can throw a pass to a TE.
                          We don't throw a pass to a TE because the TEs are blocking what the O-line can't.

Comment

• bennprince
                            • Nov 2006

I know what you guys are going through with the pass protection. The Texans ran a lot of max protect (TE's and RB's staying back to block) last year and Carr still got sacked 80 times. Running routes for 1 or 2 WR's against 4 or 5 DB's doesn't ususally work. This year the base pass protection isn't much better but to counter agressive defenses they are running a lot of 5 wide sets to spread them out. This allows for quick, short passes. And Carr's sack numbers are way down.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

We lose to the Texans there are going to be MORE changes before the next game.

Take it as what you will.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎