PDA

View Full Version : Chris Brown reports why Preston and not Reyes

TigerJ
11-16-2006, 09:50 PM
Chris Brown's blog, check Thursday's update

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

Basically Brown reports that Dick Jauron opted for Duke Preston over Reyes for two reasons. One, Preston is bigger and stronger, and Two (more interesting) he wants to evaluate him. In essence it sounds like he has written off the 2006 season and is now thinkng about what he needs to do to make the team better next year.

SquishDaFish
11-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Which I totally agree with.

PECKERWOOD
11-16-2006, 10:14 PM
Might as well, OL can't get much worst.

lordofgun
11-17-2006, 12:26 AM
Freudian slip, Tiger?

Lee-83
11-17-2006, 05:12 AM
can we blame him?

Night Train
11-17-2006, 05:18 AM
Chris Brown's blog, check Thursday's update

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

Basically Brown reports that Dick Jauron opted for Duke Preston over Reyes for two reasons. One, Preston is bigger and stronger, and Two (more interesting) he wants to evaluate him. In essence it sounds like he has written off the 2006 season and is now thinkng about what he needs to do to make the team better next year.

Then Jauron is smarter than I thought.

He's finding out who can play for him and phasing out the pretenders. The problem is the roster is FULL of pretenders.

Chris Brown makes the best observations.

YardRat
11-17-2006, 05:23 AM
Paul Hamilton, on WGR55 the other day, said that Preston has struggled from day 1 trying to grasp the guard position. In his opinion, Duke is strictly a center.

jamze132
11-17-2006, 05:26 AM
MIGHTA AS WELL GET RID OF gANDY AND SEE WHAT mERTZ CAN WHILE WE ARE AT IT.

YardRat
11-17-2006, 05:30 AM
yOUR cAPS lOCK bUTTON iS sTILL oN, jAMZE.

TigerJ
11-17-2006, 09:34 AM
Freudian slip, Tiger?

Whatever it was, Mikey already fixed it. I'll never know. I know I don't proof read a lot of my posts and I do make mistakes. To require an edit from a mod, it must have been a doozy. Sorry about that, and thanks, Mikey

patmoran2006
11-17-2006, 09:42 AM
another free agent "who gives a ****" signing chalked up to Marv..

This guy loses his job at left guard to Gandy, and then cant even start at right guard after the starter goes down? Its not like Reyes was 40 years old, and he did start at RG last year for Carolina.

What a waste of money and ink by Levy to sign this guy to begin with. This is one of the worst FA classes I've ever seen the bills have..the ONE player who's made any kind of impact is a backup RB

justasportsfan
11-17-2006, 09:48 AM
another free agent "who gives a ****" signing chalked up to Marv..

This guy loses his job at left guard to Gandy, and then cant even start at right guard after the starter goes down? Its not like Reyes was 40 years old, and he did start at RG last year for Carolina.

What a waste of money and ink by Levy to sign this guy to begin with. This is one of the worst FA classes I've ever seen the bills have..the ONE player who's made any kind of impact is a backup RB
Can't wait for the next FA'cy. Marv stays and J P stays. :up:

teal and orange fits you better Pat:bf1:

patmoran2006
11-17-2006, 09:51 AM
I'll never wear Teal and Orange.. I hate the Fins..

and i dont want Marv out.. I just want him to learn from his mistakes as a rookie GM when it comes to FA and sign a couple of players that will actually make some kind of difference next year.

justasportsfan
11-17-2006, 09:52 AM
I'll never wear Teal and Orange...
Aqua and Orange?

Elminster
11-17-2006, 10:12 AM
Aqua and Orange?
Maybe blue-green and tangerine?

In any case, Tutan isn't a complete waste. At the very least, he makes competent veteran depth at guard. It'll be good to see what Preston can do....and I second taking a look at Merz. I doubt Gandy's going to want to stay and be an average guard at an average guard salary when he could get paid millions more to go somewhere and suck at being a tackle...

ICE74129
11-17-2006, 11:08 AM
Aqua and Orange? Agreed he should be wearing those colors. A bills fan he's not.

That said, Having watched the panthers from the first day they had a team , I tried to tell you guys, Tutan was NOT a starter and Carolina made no real attempts to keep him. Considering their OL issues that should have sent a message.

He is depth only. We need another tackle and two guards and a new OL coach this offseason

justasportsfan
11-17-2006, 11:14 AM
Agreed he should be wearing those colors. A bills fan he's not.

you yourself would look good in....dangit, I can't find a gayer color combo in the nfl than the fish colors.

ICE74129
11-17-2006, 11:24 AM
you yourself would look good in....dangit, I can't find a gayer color combo in the nfl than the fish colors.Nah its either bills or panthers for me

patmoran2006
11-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Ice, LMAO..

You gotta be kidding me.

justasportsfan
11-17-2006, 11:31 AM
Ice, LMAO..

You gotta be kidding me.he isn't. the guy who's a fan of 2 teams calling you a non bills fan is dead on.

ICE74129
11-17-2006, 11:55 AM
he isn't. the guy who's a fan of 2 teams calling you a non bills fan is dead on.

Well its obvious I have been a bills fan longer so I would be a bills fan first. That said, pat moron has proven time and again he isn't a bills fan. Like a handful of others here.

What gets me is why not move on? They obviously dont' have what it takes to be a Bills fan (Ie keep going no matter what) and it apperantly effects their everyday lives in a negative manner. So go find a team you like and move on.

Saratoga Slim
11-17-2006, 03:12 PM
Agreed he should be wearing those colors. A bills fan he's not.

That said, Having watched the panthers from the first day they had a team , I tried to tell you guys, Tutan was NOT a starter and Carolina made no real attempts to keep him. Considering their OL issues that should have sent a message.

He is depth only. We need another tackle and two guards and a new OL coach this offseason

I don't think there's any question that Pat's a Bills fan.

But i got your back on the Reyes issue, I do remember you posting that Carolina ditched Reyes b/c he wasn't getting the job done as a starter, and that we shouldn't get our expectations set too high. You say a lot of stuff, but I do remember you saying that.