PDA

View Full Version : HB Blades

LifetimeBillsFan
11-17-2006, 02:00 AM
It is very possible that the Bills will be looking at a MLB in this draft. If they do, one name I do NOT want to hear is HB Blades!

Blades has great genes (the son of Bennie Blades), gets a lot of hype, and makes a lot of tackles, but I just had a chance to see him playing against UConn and West Virginia, back-to-back, after seeing him against Rutgers earlier. Blades is a big-hitter, but lacks speed and is a liability in coverage. He can be forgiven for being faked out of his jock by WVU's Steve Slaton, but he was consistently being moved out of the play by WVU and, worse yet, by UConn. To me, he lacks the lateral movement to be a success in the Bills' defensive system where speed from sideline to sideline is so very important.

Blades may very well put up great numbers at the Combine. He may well have a good all-star game or bowl game, if the opposition runs right at him. He might even be a good fit in some other defenses where speed is not that important, but I do not think that he would be a good fit for the Bills.

IMHO, B.Davis, the FSU MLB, would be a much better fit for the Bills than HB Blades.

Devin
11-17-2006, 01:18 PM
Davis has been climbing I think. Prior to this season I heard him as low as the 3rd round, now hes creeping into the bottom of the 1st.

SABURZFAN
11-18-2006, 10:14 AM
let's not forget that z.thomas isn't a speedy MLB either but he's one helluva a football player.i wouldn't mind either blades or davis.they're both good.IMO....