PDA

View Full Version : McNally is getting canned!

X-Era
11-17-2006, 07:03 AM
Just listened to **'s presser.

He commented that in week 9 they are still making mistakes in pass protection.

He then says that if he was allowed to discuss the problems it would be clear.

Sounds like Dick, and now the team realize that the pass protection problems are stupid mistakes and that its a very unacceptable situation. Doesnt bode well for McNally.

I bet hes gone, and It also adds even more fuel to the fire that Marv and Co will finally make serious moves to improve the line.

Ive heard various Bills personnel comment on mediocrity in the line play over the years, but really never to the point of saying that the mistakes were blatant and just stupid, and that its apparent that they are still happening.

SABURZFAN
11-17-2006, 07:09 AM
if anything,they need to get rid of our lousy QB.

X-Era
11-17-2006, 07:10 AM
if anything,they need to get rid of our lousy QB.

Stick to your guns, or better yet go root for the sabres more.

Statman
11-17-2006, 07:11 AM
It can't possibly be McNally, he's one of the best OL coaches in the league. Don't you remember.

ICE74129
11-17-2006, 07:13 AM
It can't possibly be McNally, he's one of the best OL coaches in the league. Don't you remember.
I say its both. Mcnally sucks and the talent sucks. Tackle, two guards and a new OL coach this offseason

Ickybaluky
11-17-2006, 07:42 AM
The title of this thread is very misleading. I thought it was breaking news.

justasportsfan
11-17-2006, 09:07 AM
exactly. People read a lot into these things lately and coming up with their own conclusion. What was exactly meant by Jauron when he said that is that our punter needs to get better. How anyone couldn't see that is beyond me.

Night Train
11-17-2006, 09:12 AM
This talented veteran OL has been playing together for years. Strange they are making the same old mistakes after all this time. :drool2:

mybills
11-17-2006, 09:17 AM
exactly. People read a lot into these things lately and coming up with their own conclusion. What was exactly meant by Jauron when he said that is that our punter needs to get better. How anyone couldn't see that is beyond me.
:rofl:

patmoran2006
11-17-2006, 09:18 AM
just another case of ** ERA excited and creating controversy at the thought of any part of the offense other than our immaculate QB getting replaced.

ICE74129
11-17-2006, 09:20 AM

Why? Because McNally leaves NYG and the line gets better. he comes here and regardless of the picks our OL sucks. How is it other teams can seem to field 5th round Tackles etc and have productive lines, but buffalo can't?

Its time to find a new OL coach and 3 new linemen to go with him.

mybills
11-17-2006, 09:22 AM
Why? Because McNally leaves NYG and the line gets better. he comes here and regardless of the picks our OL sucks. How is it other teams can seem to field 5th round Tackles etc and have productive lines, but buffalo can't?

Please don't tell me you didn't pick up on his sarcasm. A better punter? :rofl:

justasportsfan
11-17-2006, 09:23 AM

I agree. Let's bring back Christie while we're at it :up:

mybills
11-17-2006, 09:23 AM
:spit:

Elminster
11-17-2006, 10:17 AM
Yeah...how come the Patsie's 7th round tackle(O'Callaghan, is it?) is doing well and ours is mediocre so far? They probably have similiar talent levels...so what's the move obvious difference? Coaching...and, yes, the Giants line is a lot better than it was just a few short years ago, and the process happened shortly after McNally left. Curious how these things happen....we bring in former-Steelers GM Tom Donahoe, and the Steelers mysteriously draft better. We bring in former Steelers offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey, and the Steeler offense all of a sudden becomes good. I see the same trend happening with McNally....and that trends with us realizing we bought a lemon and offing them...

X-Era
11-17-2006, 10:26 AM

Sorry, your right, honest mistake.

X-Era
11-17-2006, 10:31 AM
just another case of ** ERA excited and creating controversy at the thought of any part of the offense other than our immaculate QB getting replaced.
Thats ridiculous dude. Facts are facts, this teams problems dont solely reside in our QB. Theres plenty to talk about other than the QB position. I realize by your endless barage of BS about J P at this point that you have gone from being a fan to becoming "The Fan" and obssessing over J P and how you think he sucks.

However, you and others need to realize that this is a BILLS board, not a J P board, and that theres another 52 players, coaching staff, and front office to discuss.

Anyone who knows anything about football can see issues along the line, several people are now mentioning the issue, and my opininion is that McNally is set to lose his job over it.

I realize this is a break from your "laces out Dan" obssession, but you will just have to deal with that!

X-Era
11-17-2006, 10:35 AM
Yeah...how come the Patsie's 7th round tackle(O'Callaghan, is it?) is doing well and ours is mediocre so far? They probably have similiar talent levels...so what's the move obvious difference? Coaching...and, yes, the Giants line is a lot better than it was just a few short years ago, and the process happened shortly after McNally left. Curious how these things happen....we bring in former-Steelers GM Tom Donahoe, and the Steelers mysteriously draft better. We bring in former Steelers offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey, and the Steeler offense all of a sudden becomes good. I see the same trend happening with McNally....and that trends with us realizing we bought a lemon and offing them...
Wait, you mean this IS a legit issue? Dont tell Pat, TD, Inet, Saburz that, we would need to change the whole website back to Billszone rather than:

www.J P zone.com (http://www.**zone.com)
J P's haters forum
J P's smack zone
J P's twilight zone

The all J P all the time crap is getting weak.

patmoran2006
11-17-2006, 11:31 AM
dont disagree if they fire McNally. I'd fire him too.

My point is you get EXCITED about pointing this out and making every excuse in the world for that bum of a QB

justasportsfan
11-17-2006, 11:34 AM

My point is you get EXCITED about pointing this out and making every excuse in the world for that bum of a QB

really? It's a fact that our OL is struggling and Era didn't even mention that is was part of why J P is struggling. You're the one looking for an opening to take a shot at J P.

ICE74129
11-17-2006, 11:52 AM
really? It's a fact that our OL is struggling and Era didn't even mention that is was part of why J P is struggling. You're the one looking for an opening to take a shot at J P.

Which is usual for pat moron

X-Era
11-17-2006, 01:52 PM

Dont confuse me with yourself.

I will never get EXCITED about having problems on this team. Im frustrated, theres a difference.

You and others are the ones who get excited when J P stinks. Excited meaning sadistically happy. Its really getting pathetic.

If ** is great...great, if he stinks, well get a new one. But rooting for failure is just plain wrong.

Saratoga Slim
11-17-2006, 02:45 PM
I say its both. Mcnally sucks and the talent sucks. Tackle, two guards and a new OL coach this offseason

I'll take the tackle and two gaurds. I'd like to see what McNally can do with some actual talent. Maybe he's nothing special, but nonetheless I hate to judge the guy yet when he's had such a crappy assortment of lineman to work with

SABURZFAN
11-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Thats ridiculous dude. Facts are facts, this teams problems dont solely reside in our QB. Theres plenty to talk about other than the QB position. I realize by your endless barage of BS about J P at this point that you have gone from being a fan to becoming "The Fan" and obssessing over J P and how you think he sucks.

However, you and others need to realize that this is a BILLS board, not a J P board, and that theres another 52 players, coaching staff, and front office to discuss.

Anyone who knows anything about football can see issues along the line, several people are now mentioning the issue, and my opininion is that McNally is set to lose his job over it.

I realize this is a break from your "laces out Dan" obssession, but you will just have to deal with that!

if people want to say how pathetic our QB is,they have a right to do so.you'll just have to deal with it.see...it works BOTH ways.as mentioned before,i don't see ANY fact with the title of this thread that you started either.

X-Era
11-17-2006, 03:52 PM
if people want to say how pathetic our QB is,they have a right to do so.you'll just have to deal with it.see...it works BOTH ways.as mentioned before,i don't see ANY fact with the title of this thread that you started either.

Go ahead hate, who cares?

Thats not the issue. Wasting the ENTIRE board with love or hate fests is the issue.

SABURZFAN
11-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Go ahead hate, who cares?

Thats not the issue. Wasting the ENTIRE board with love or hate fests is the issue.

it's part of Bills football talk though.

X-Era
11-17-2006, 04:16 PM
it's part of Bills football talk though.

Yes, agreed. I dont feel you are a problem overall.

There are a few who are just plain at psycho level about the ** posts at this point.

Ive actually been trying to tone down how much I do as well.

Theres just too many issues to focus solely on just one player.

For example, what the hell should we do with Nate? let go? resign? I think its likely that our defensive minded HC will draft another DB first and foremost if Nates gone. That means yet another year that we dont go D or O line first.

Mr. Cynical
11-17-2006, 05:09 PM
:bigwave:Mouse

Don't let the door hit you on your big ass on the way out. You've done nothing for this team. Time to go.

YardRat
11-17-2006, 05:47 PM
Wait, you mean this IS a legit issue? Dont tell Pat, TD, Inet, Saburz that, we would need to change the whole website back to Billszone rather than:

www.J P zone.com (http://www.**zone.com)
J P's haters forum
J P's smack zone
J P's twilight zone

The all J P all the time crap is getting weak.

YardRat
11-17-2006, 05:53 PM
2005 compared to 2006...

The offensive line players are different, AND have been shuffled around (including the TE).

The head coach and the offensive coordinator are different.

The offensive production (or lack thereof) has stayed at the same pitiful level, or maybe even gotten worse.

Even the RB has been different at times.

The only constant factors between last year and this year are one WR (Evans), the QB, and the o-line coach. I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume we can rule out Evans as being the defining factor.

It's either the QB, the o-line coach, or a combination of the two.

Lee-83
11-17-2006, 07:55 PM
robert royal was blocking freeney, your god damn right were having problems!