PDA

View Full Version : Ron Guy and Tom Modrak need to see the door next year!!!

bigbub2352
11-17-2006, 12:16 PM
It is time for new talent evaluation and Scouting, i have watched this team pick up aging FA and over paying for them
Example:
Lawyer Milloy, TKO, Tre Teague, Bennine Anderson, Kelly Holocomb, Craig Nall, Larry Triplett, Robert Royal, Matt Bowen, Tutan Reyes, Eddie Robinson, Chidi Ahanatu, Keith McKenzie, Jason Gildon, Izell Reese, Melvin Fowler, Mike Gandy, Bobby Shaw, Charles Johnson, Mike Schneck etc...

And horrible drafting and talent evaulation in 5 straght years:

Mike Williams, Coy Wire, Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish(not producing), Kevin Everett(bust,) Marques Sullivan, Ben Sobieski, Mike Pucillo, Kevin Thomas, Avoin Black, Dominique Stevenson, Mario Haggan, Tony Driver, Eric King, Lavale Sape, Justin Bannon, Ron Edwards, Brandon Spoon, etc...

Now yes there are a few contributers on these lists but for the most part they have neglected key areas that put us in the funk we have been in with not really a clear light at the end of the tunnel,

Marv's draft yeilds some talent Ko, Donte, Ellison, Butler, Pennington, Kyle, and some unknowns in McCargo, Youboty but these guys could lay a solid foundation for the future

Guy and Modrak to me was a complete shock they kept there jobs, with horrible drafting and decision making that has made us one of the laughing stocks of the league

Great teams start at the top and we need some fresh ideas here, drafting skill players in the early rounds and taking shots at your Dline and Oline in rounds 5-7 will not cut it, neither will gettin bums in FA that were usually castoffs from other teams plugged in here as starters will not cut it either

The Winds of Change need to blow at One Bills Drive in order for us to become a contender no matter how any one argues with this artcile we have not been in the playoffs for the better part of a decade, that means or front office and talent evaulation has sucked and will continue to as long as these two are here!!!

Saratoga Slim
11-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Modrak probably had a lot to do with this year's draft, which you acknowledge as solid but attribute to Marv. How do we know that Modrak didn't play a large role in identifying the talent that we drafted? Maybe he gave good advice in years past that Donahoe failed to heed. Then again, maybe you're right and he sucks. I don't know either way, but I think we already addressed the mediocre personnel moves of the Donahoe era by canning Donahoe. Since they've had a decent start, let's see how Modrak performs with Marv before calling for more heads to roll.

OpIv37
11-17-2006, 12:26 PM
the big thing you didn't even touch on was the OL. Our entire line is terrible except for one guy who was brought here to play TE.

No one in our FO would know OL talent if it hit them in the face.

justasportsfan
11-17-2006, 12:44 PM
You're blaming the wrong guy. Modrak was hardly ever a huge reason for any of TD drafts. He was even working from home. Almost like part time or nothing more like a consultant. Doesn't mean TD followed his consultations.

If you want to judge him, use this years draft to do so.

Wraith
11-17-2006, 01:04 PM
Who is Ron Guy? Your argument loses validity when you include 7th round draft picks and veteran minimum free agents who were not brought in to make a difference (Jason Gildon...? Please!) on your list.

bigbub2352
11-17-2006, 01:24 PM
I guess nobody knows who John Guy is, he is the head of scouting and has alot to do with who we draft, hired by Tom Donhoue, and Modrak was assitant GM to all the drafts of the TD era, wow i guess everyone is happy with all the talent on the feild

Wraith
11-17-2006, 01:28 PM
I know who John Guy is. I want to know who Ron Guy is.

justasportsfan
11-17-2006, 01:29 PM
I guess nobody knows who John Guy is, he is the head of scouting and has alot to do with who we draft, hired by Tom Donhoue, and Modrak was assitant GM to all the drafts of the TD era, wow i guess everyone is happy with all the talent on the feild
Hitler had the last say, not Modrak or Guy. Those hires would've sufficed and the bills would've been more competitive if Hitler hired the right coaches. Yes, I am happy with the draft.

justasportsfan
11-17-2006, 01:30 PM
I know who John Guy is. I want to know who Ron Guy is.Rob Burgundy's son.

bigbub2352
11-17-2006, 01:56 PM
Sorry about the speeling error, but how do u fire the GM who mafe your team dismal for 5 years and not fire the people who s=feed him his info, plus the drafts picks out of this year besides 2 Ko and Donte have done nothing, alot of hype with no production just like the last 5 drafts wich were scouted by JOHN Guy and Tom Modrak

justasportsfan
11-17-2006, 02:13 PM
Sorry about the speeling error, but how do u fire the GM who mafe your team dismal for 5 years and not fire the people who s=feed him his info, plus the drafts picks out of this year besides 2 Ko and Donte have done nothing, alot of hype with no production just like the last 5 drafts wich were scouted by JOHN Guy and Tom Modrak
I usually agree with you but it's kinda hard to blame them especially Modrak who was hardly ever at buffalo and worked from home during TD's tenure. I would think Asst. GM was just a title for TD to keep him on the team or as an consultant. Whether or not he scouted the players especially the draft, it was TD who decided who to draft especially since he's the one who get's inputs from coaches based on what is needed. Even then TD usually grabs who he wants and sticks it to his coaches and tells them to make it work.

This year Marv made it clear he relied heavily on Modrak to draft the players and I'm happy about it so far.

AS for John GUy Marv also stated he relied on him when it came to contract negotiations especially when it came to cap nos. We also don't know to what extent he was responsible for that during TD's time but it's kinda hard to say he was bad because TD did do an awsome job with the cap.

Saratoga Slim
11-17-2006, 02:41 PM

Maybe b/c the management felt Modrak was feeding Donahoe GOOD information on the prospects, and Donahoe was making bad decisions with the info. I agree with you that some very bad personnel decisions were made during the TD era, but perhaps the bad decisions can be attributed to Donahoe himself.

GFLuNEEDit
11-17-2006, 03:48 PM
I agree with Bigbub.

Bring in someone proven. Modrak was part of the Donahue era and no one can say for sure that "had it not been for Donahue....."

I go by what I see. First their pro scouting sucks , the pool of FAs they brought in this last off season is a total bust.

The draft doesn't impress me as much as it does the rest of you.
After nearly every draft fans are optomistic. Time will tell. And I think the final word will be ordinary.

Very ordinary.

justasportsfan
11-17-2006, 04:04 PM
Bring in someone proven. Modrak was part of the Donahue era and no one can say for sure that "had it not been for Donahue....."

I go by what I see. .
open your eyes then because Modrak is credited for building the eagles team that constntly made it to the playoffs.

gr8slayer
11-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Good point, our scouting dept blows.

Mr. Cynical
11-17-2006, 05:04 PM

Yep. Our whole FO blows and has for years. Hence the reason the team sucks. It all starts at the top, and like the old saying goes, s*** floats downstream.

The_Philster
11-17-2006, 05:07 PM
we definitely miss Dwight Adams :ill:

GFLuNEEDit
11-17-2006, 08:31 PM
open your eyes then because Modrak is credited for building the eagles team that constntly made it to the playoffs.

And donahue was credited with building the steelers before he came here.

Do you always believe what you hear ?

I go by what I see them do here. And it's a complete failure.

justasportsfan
11-17-2006, 08:34 PM
And donahue was credited with building the steelers before he came here.

Do you always believe what you hear ?

I go by what I see them do here. And it's a complete failure.nope , Cowher was credited and no I don't believe everything I hear especially when it comes from you.

GFLuNEEDit
11-17-2006, 08:37 PM
nope , Cowher was credited and no I don't believe everything I hear especially when it comes from you.

Nope donahue was credited with drafting the players thats why he was hired By the Bills

justasportsfan
11-17-2006, 08:44 PM
Nope donahue was credited with drafting the players thats why he was hired By the Billsthat's what you think. Anyways google Modrak and you'll see tons of articles crediting Modrak for the Rise of the eagles when he took over. You have nothing but your opinion. Who are you? thought so :rolleyes:

GFLuNEEDit
11-17-2006, 08:49 PM
that's what you think. Anyways google Modrak and you'll see tons of articles crediting Modrak for the Rise of the eagles when he took over. You have nothing but your opinion. Who are you? thought so :rolleyes:

I never said that there isn't

And the same stuff was said about donahue coming from pittsburgh.

Both of them combined have sh** the bed here since.

justasportsfan
11-17-2006, 08:52 PM
I never said that there isn't

And the same stuff was said about donahue coming from pittsburgh.

Both of them combined have sh** the bed here since.
so now you're changing the subject about Donahoe because you have nothing to counter what Modrak did in Philly? Go back to saying "J P sux" that's all you contribute around here.

GFLuNEEDit
11-17-2006, 08:59 PM
so now you're changing the subject about Donahoe because you have nothing to counter what Modrak did in Philly? Go back to saying "J P sux" that's all you contribute around here.

Oh yeah I do the point is the same for both of them.

What is written for both is a claim that the credit belongs to them, just a claim.

In both cases they came to Buffalo and the teams they left remain better than the Bills.

None of that fits the claim.

justasportsfan
11-17-2006, 09:07 PM
Dude are you dense? Let me dumb it further for you. There may be articles about TD credited building the steelers. I don't believe them therefore I don't believe everything I read so that kills your notion.

You haven't come up with crap that says Modrak is horrible , mainly responsible for TD's decisions of whom to draft or any article saying otherwise that he wasn't mainly responsible for the eagles.

Did he have input? yes.He was a scout. Did he draft them? no.

The only thing we know for sure is that he built the foundation of the eagles for years after he left and Marv (said so himself) heavily relied on MOdrak for this years draft and so far it's looking good.

Like I said, stick to saying J P sux.

GFLuNEEDit
11-17-2006, 09:15 PM
Dude are you dense? Let me dumb it further for you. There may be articles about TD credited building the steelers. I don't believe them therefore I don't believe everything I read so that kills your notion.

You haven't come up with crap that says Modrak is horrible , mainly responsible for TD's decisions of whom to draft or any article saying otherwise that he wasn't mainly responsible for the eagles.

Did he have input? yes.He was a scout. Did he draft them? no.

The only thing we know for sure is that he built the foundation of the eagles for years after he left and Marv (said so himself) heavily relied on MOdrak for this years draft and so far it's looking good.

Like I said, stick to saying J P sux.

No apparently you have a thick skull.

Reread what I wrote , I can't spend hours trying to explain everything to you.