PDA

View Full Version : I would really like to know what our blocking schemes are.

ICE74129
11-17-2006, 02:45 PM
I have broken down film here lately and our OL looks friggin lost. I can usually break down a teams film and say 'these guys are mostly using Zone or Iso or Power or Trap/Counter' Etc but what I am seeing scares me and should anyone thinking of playing QB for the Bills.

It seems on some plays you have some guys trying to iso and fit up on a guy when his guy next to him is zone stepping! Now I know some dont' understand what I am saying but I bet there are a few here (GR81 for example) that knows full well not only what I am saying but should be as disgusted as I am.

The other thing is this, figure out what you are going to be. If we are going to be a power or ISO team, get some fat asses in there. If we are going zone then get us more athletic guys like peters and fowler in there across the board and that goes for depth as well. Right now we have an athletic zone type tackle and center and fat asses/ slow Iso attempting guys at Guard. Sorry you can't mix the two and it work right.

I think marv and co see this now, they also need to see McNally does NOT have these guys on the same page most plays. At the NFL level you shouldn't see this type of mass cluster confusion. nor should you see a team so mix and match on the types of linemen we have.

DynaPaul
11-17-2006, 03:49 PM
They're using the ultra secret "turnstile blocking technique".

gr8slayer
11-17-2006, 04:17 PM
Good point, do notice though when we zone block how many of our OL dont even touch a defender, especially Villarial.

X-Era
11-17-2006, 04:20 PM
I have broken down film here lately and our OL looks friggin lost. I can usually break down a teams film and say 'these guys are mostly using Zone or Iso or Power or Trap/Counter' Etc but what I am seeing scares me and should anyone thinking of playing QB for the Bills.

It seems on some plays you have some guys trying to iso and fit up on a guy when his guy next to him is zone stepping! Now I know some dont' understand what I am saying but I bet there are a few here (GR81 for example) that knows full well not only what I am saying but should be as disgusted as I am.

The other thing is this, figure out what you are going to be. If we are going to be a power or ISO team, get some fat asses in there. If we are going zone then get us more athletic guys like peters and fowler in there across the board and that goes for depth as well. Right now we have an athletic zone type tackle and center and fat asses/ slow Iso attempting guys at Guard. Sorry you can't mix the two and it work right.

I think marv and co see this now, they also need to see McNally does NOT have these guys on the same page most plays. At the NFL level you shouldn't see this type of mass cluster confusion. nor should you see a team so mix and match on the types of linemen we have.

I honestly believe zone is the way to go. Look at Denver, pretty sure they dont have a single 1st rounder, mostly late rounders or undrafteds. AND they have the lightest OL in the league yet they have perrenial 1000+ rushers and are in playoff contention almost every year.

I cantg understand why we dont go this way. Peters certainly has the feet and hes our big building block.

X-Era
11-17-2006, 04:24 PM
I honestly believe zone is the way to go. Look at Denver, pretty sure they dont have a single 1st rounder, mostly late rounders or undrafteds. AND they have the lightest OL in the league yet they have perrenial 1000+ rushers and are in playoff contention almost every year.

I cantg understand why we dont go this way. Peters certainly has the feet and hes our big building block.

Just checked, George Foster (RT) was a 1st rounder but thats it. Looks like Eric Pears is the starting LT, and I think he was undrafted.

GFLuNEEDit
11-17-2006, 04:28 PM

You can't even understand QB stats .
What do you know about blocking schemes ?

YardRat
11-17-2006, 04:33 PM
I think McGahee would be more successful running behind a zone-blocking scheme.

Thanks for sharing your observations Ice. I'll take your word for it since I don't usually re-watch the games or concentrate on the o-line enough while they're playing to notice the finer points of the line play.

SABURZFAN
11-17-2006, 04:38 PM
You can't even understand QB stats .
What do you know about blocking schemes ?

:rofl:

YardRat
11-17-2006, 04:39 PM
http://www.buffalo.edu/UBT/UBT-archives/27_ubtf04/images/mcnally.**g

YardRat
11-17-2006, 04:40 PM
Well, if the j p censor wasn't in place, you'd be looking at a picture of Mouse with a play on the chalkboard in the background.

ParanoidAndroid
11-17-2006, 05:46 PM
http://www.buffalo.edu/UBT/UBT-archives/27_ubtf04/images/mcnally.**g

:rofl:

It edited the John Paul out of that j-peg file

ICE74129
11-17-2006, 06:31 PM
Good point, do notice though when we zone block how many of our OL dont even touch a defender, especially Villarial.

Exactly. Fans know the OL sucks but they don't know WHY. 'well they just suck' really doesn't cover it.

You are 100% correct when they zone step our guards are too slow out of their stances to get to their man.