• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

JayPee

Will not be the starter next year. Mark my words.
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Re: JayPee

I'll reserve judgement. If his play doesn't improve past what it was the past 2 games, you may be right. Basically, he was a caretaker QB the last couple of games...someone who might be a decent backup....but not someone who should be starting in this league. But like I said (and have countless times on here) I'll reserve judgement
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
      Maybe?
      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
      I'll reserve judgement. If his play doesn't improve past what it was the past 2 games, you may be right. Basically, he was a caretaker QB the last couple of games...someone who might be a decent backup....but not someone who should be starting in this league. But like I said (and have countless times on here) I'll reserve judgement
      No surprise here but I guess my patience had finally worn thin with him. If you look at alot of my posts from the offseason I said many times he needs to play out the year for us to really know what he can do.

I still think he should play out the year - I've never waivered on that - but my expectations/predictions now are that he will not be the starter next year. My reason is that he is just not showing any progress in the "it" category. He may have improved statistically from time to time, but he just hasn't shown any true football instincts IMO.

Hope I'm wrong - I have NO desire to try for a 9th QB in 10 years (Collins, Hobert, Van Pelt, RJ, Flutie, Drew, Holcomb and **) But I think it is what is going to happen unfortunately. Who knows, maybe the 8th time's the charm. Although that oline better get fixed or it won't matter very much who is back there.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

He may not be starting next week.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

I think it's a strong possibility...I can only hope that by starting over from square 1 during the bye will do the trick Team success and passer rating and the like aren't going to be what determines it, IMO. Jauron said in the preseason that the winner of the QB competition would be primarily determined by decision-making and overall ability. We know he has the physical ability to do virtually anything required at the position...that part won't be evaluated...but at the end of the season, the coaches will go through all the game film and judge his decision-making from that...that'll determine his future.
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• SquishDaFish
            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
            • Jun 2005

Ill bet anyone he will be starting next year.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
                Senior Zoner
                • Oct 2006

I think it's a strong possibility...I can only hope that by starting over from square 1 during the bye will do the trick Team success and passer rating and the like aren't going to be what determines it, IMO. Jauron said in the preseason that the winner of the QB competition would be primarily determined by decision-making and overall ability. We know he has the physical ability to do virtually anything required at the position...that part won't be evaluated...but at the end of the season, the coaches will go through all the game film and judge his decision-making from that...that'll determine his future.
                End of the season ?

Don't they know what going on during the season ?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

JayP isn't getting cut this offseason. I think if he stinks it up for the rest of the season. Marv will upgrade the OL, and bring in a solid QB to compete with JayP and to take his job if he fails next year. That's just my opinion though. It really wouldn't make sense to cut JayP. If worst comes to worst, we oughta bring in Trent Green and have him mentor #7.

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
                    Senior Zoner
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                    JayP isn't getting cut this offseason. I think if he stinks it up for the rest of the season. Marv will upgrade the OL, and bring in a solid QB to compete with JayP and to take his job if he fails next year. That's just my opinion though. It really wouldn't make sense to cut JayP. If worst comes to worst, we oughta bring in Trent Green and have him mentor #7.
                    What they need to do at the earliest opportunity is bring in a top notch QB.

Worst thing they can do is pretend that they can salvage this.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by GFLuNEEDit
                      What they need to do at the earliest opportunity is bring in a top notch QB.

Worst thing they can do is pretend that they can salvage this.
                      I dont want to draft a QB, and I want a franchise QB that is still young.. It would be nice if there is another Drew Brees this FA. In that case, I wouldnt argue bringing that type of calibre player in.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                        I dont want to draft a QB, and I want a franchise QB that is still young.. It would be nice if there is another Drew Brees this FA. In that case, I wouldnt argue bringing that type of calibre player in.

it's easier said than done.especially when you have other NFL teams doing the same thing.it's just a matter of who's forking out the dough and the situation of team where that young QB signs.unfortunately,buffalo isn't in a good situation.many areas of the offense have been neglected for years.until these areas are addressed,we won't get that QB that you're looking for.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by GFLuNEEDit
                          End of the season ?

Don't they know what going on during the season ?
                          Yes, and I'm sure they go through every gametape and play as it is...but their main focus in that is getting ready for the next opponent. After the season is over, coaches generally take some time to evaluate how their personnel did more thoroughly than they can do during the season.

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
                            Senior Zoner
                            • Oct 2006

Yes, and I'm sure they go through every gametape and play as it is...but their main focus in that is getting ready for the next opponent. After the season is over, coaches generally take some time to evaluate how their personnel did more thoroughly than they can do during the season.
                            Why would a pro coach need to review tape to see what is obvious to casual fans ?

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
                              Senior Zoner
                              • Oct 2006

Reserve judgement all you want the man already said Losssman won't be the starter.

Comment

Working...
                              X