PDA

View Full Version : JayPee

Mr. Cynical
11-17-2006, 05:08 PM
Will not be the starter next year. Mark my words.

The_Philster
11-17-2006, 05:11 PM
I'll reserve judgement. If his play doesn't improve past what it was the past 2 games, you may be right. Basically, he was a caretaker QB the last couple of games...someone who might be a decent backup....but not someone who should be starting in this league. But like I said (and have countless times on here) I'll reserve judgement

Mr. Cynical
11-17-2006, 05:25 PM
I'll reserve judgement. If his play doesn't improve past what it was the past 2 games, you may be right. Basically, he was a caretaker QB the last couple of games...someone who might be a decent backup....but not someone who should be starting in this league. But like I said (and have countless times on here) I'll reserve judgement

No surprise here but I guess my patience had finally worn thin with him. If you look at alot of my posts from the offseason I said many times he needs to play out the year for us to really know what he can do.

I still think he should play out the year - I've never waivered on that - but my expectations/predictions now are that he will not be the starter next year. My reason is that he is just not showing any progress in the "it" category. He may have improved statistically from time to time, but he just hasn't shown any true football instincts IMO.

Hope I'm wrong - I have NO desire to try for a 9th QB in 10 years (Collins, Hobert, Van Pelt, RJ, Flutie, Drew, Holcomb and **) But I think it is what is going to happen unfortunately. Who knows, maybe the 8th time's the charm. Although that oline better get fixed or it won't matter very much who is back there.

patmoran2006
11-17-2006, 05:30 PM
He may not be starting next week.

The_Philster
11-17-2006, 05:32 PM
I think it's a strong possibility...I can only hope that by starting over from square 1 during the bye will do the trick :pray: Team success and passer rating and the like aren't going to be what determines it, IMO. Jauron said in the preseason that the winner of the QB competition would be primarily determined by decision-making and overall ability. We know he has the physical ability to do virtually anything required at the position...that part won't be evaluated...but at the end of the season, the coaches will go through all the game film and judge his decision-making from that...that'll determine his future.

SquishDaFish
11-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Ill bet anyone he will be starting next year.

SABURZFAN
11-17-2006, 07:02 PM
:popcorn:

GFLuNEEDit
11-17-2006, 08:05 PM
I think it's a strong possibility...I can only hope that by starting over from square 1 during the bye will do the trick :pray: Team success and passer rating and the like aren't going to be what determines it, IMO. Jauron said in the preseason that the winner of the QB competition would be primarily determined by decision-making and overall ability. We know he has the physical ability to do virtually anything required at the position...that part won't be evaluated...but at the end of the season, the coaches will go through all the game film and judge his decision-making from that...that'll determine his future.

End of the season ?

Don't they know what going on during the season ?

PECKERWOOD
11-17-2006, 09:46 PM
JayP isn't getting cut this offseason. I think if he stinks it up for the rest of the season. Marv will upgrade the OL, and bring in a solid QB to compete with JayP and to take his job if he fails next year. That's just my opinion though. It really wouldn't make sense to cut JayP. If worst comes to worst, we oughta bring in Trent Green and have him mentor #7.

GFLuNEEDit
11-17-2006, 09:51 PM
JayP isn't getting cut this offseason. I think if he stinks it up for the rest of the season. Marv will upgrade the OL, and bring in a solid QB to compete with JayP and to take his job if he fails next year. That's just my opinion though. It really wouldn't make sense to cut JayP. If worst comes to worst, we oughta bring in Trent Green and have him mentor #7.

What they need to do at the earliest opportunity is bring in a top notch QB.

Worst thing they can do is pretend that they can salvage this.

PECKERWOOD
11-17-2006, 10:26 PM
What they need to do at the earliest opportunity is bring in a top notch QB.

Worst thing they can do is pretend that they can salvage this.

I dont want to draft a QB, and I want a franchise QB that is still young.. It would be nice if there is another Drew Brees this FA. In that case, I wouldnt argue bringing that type of calibre player in.

SABURZFAN
11-17-2006, 10:54 PM
I dont want to draft a QB, and I want a franchise QB that is still young.. It would be nice if there is another Drew Brees this FA. In that case, I wouldnt argue bringing that type of calibre player in.

it's easier said than done.especially when you have other NFL teams doing the same thing.it's just a matter of who's forking out the dough and the situation of team where that young QB signs.unfortunately,buffalo isn't in a good situation.many areas of the offense have been neglected for years.until these areas are addressed,we won't get that QB that you're looking for.

The_Philster
11-18-2006, 03:12 AM
End of the season ?

Don't they know what going on during the season ?
Yes, and I'm sure they go through every gametape and play as it is...but their main focus in that is getting ready for the next opponent. After the season is over, coaches generally take some time to evaluate how their personnel did more thoroughly than they can do during the season.

GFLuNEEDit
11-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Yes, and I'm sure they go through every gametape and play as it is...but their main focus in that is getting ready for the next opponent. After the season is over, coaches generally take some time to evaluate how their personnel did more thoroughly than they can do during the season.

Why would a pro coach need to review tape to see what is obvious to casual fans ?

GFLuNEEDit
11-18-2006, 01:54 PM

Reserve judgement all you want the man already said Losssman won't be the starter.

The_Philster
11-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Why would a pro coach need to review tape to see what is obvious to casual fans ?
A pro coach knows more about what is going on than casual fans. They have gamefilm from angles that we do not. They also have the playcalling. Every play is seen by the coaches from a variety of angles and on each play, they know exactly what the playcall is....what each player was supposed to do....what player screwed up his assignment, whether it be the QB, an O-lineman, a WR, or whomever.

All we can do is speculate based on what we see either at the game or on tv...unless you have the notes from the game that the coaches make to go along with game film that is only available to the NFL teams and NFL Films, then you don't "know" anything....none of us do..all we as fans can do is speculate

The_Philster
11-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Reserve judgement all you want the man already said Losssman won't be the starter.
he's not the coach or making any decisions, either

GFLuNEEDit
11-18-2006, 01:58 PM
A pro coach knows more about what is going on than casual fans. They have gamefilm from angles that we do not. They also have the playcalling. Every play is seen by the coaches from a variety of angles and on each play, they know exactly what the playcall is....what each player was supposed to do....what player screwed up his assignment, whether it be the QB, an O-lineman, a WR, or whomever.

All we can do is speculate based on what we see either at the game or on tv...unless you have the notes from the game that the coaches make to so along with game film that is only available to the NFL teams and NFL Films, then you don't "know" anything....none of us do..all we as fans can do is speculate

They don't need to split hairs by grading film for a player that is as far as Losssman is from "getting it".

Do you think they needed to wait till the end of the year to make changes on the O-line ?

No they did not.

Why?

Because it's plain as day.

Tatonka
11-18-2006, 08:09 PM
Ill bet anyone he will be starting next year.
i agree.. there is zero chance someone else gets the job.. ** is the starter for this season and next, no matter what. dj like him.. period.

scott51
11-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Will not be the starter next year. Mark my words.

I didn't read all the posts here so sorry if this is a repeat, but IMO, I agree with the original statement IF ** ****** does not show some sort of improvement in the Bills final games this year!

SquishDaFish
11-18-2006, 08:26 PM
Everyone talks junk but noone wants to bet on their words of ** not starting next season??

bluehaze
11-18-2006, 09:13 PM
LOL How come you can't say ** ****** anymore?

GFLuNEEDit
11-18-2006, 11:34 PM

Because he sucks so bad that his name is banned.

The_Philster
11-19-2006, 03:52 AM
Because some people can't talk about him without attacking others who have differing opinions

SABURZFAN
11-19-2006, 05:26 AM
Because some people can't talk about him without attacking others who have differing opinions

you should know....