PDA

View Full Version : Jets fan here....

HendersonD06
11-18-2006, 10:32 PM
Do the Packers have a chance at beating the Pats? I dont know, if the Pats lose 3 games in a row... I would say they are on the brink of falling apart and being the Pats of Old.

Now as far as the Jets go... Call me crazy, but I think we have a shot at beating the Bears in the Meadowlands...

I mean last year we were down and out... Pennington went down in like week 3-4... That same game J.Fiedler (Our backup) Went down for the season also. I mean, we even had to play Vinny T for like 6 games, and then we played Brooks Bollinger who swore he was Vick or McNabb... That was just the QB Problems...

On the O-Line... We had 4 out of 5 O-Lineman playing a different position than the year before, to make it worse... Out ALL PRO Center was hurt.

On D.... T.Law was no help, yea he had 10 ints... But he had like 30 illegal contact downfield calls on us...

All in all... We were a mess...

But coming into this season... I kept telling us Jet fans at Jetsinsider,com that we have a SHOT this season... For the simple fact the year before last we were 2 kicks away from the AFC Championship game.... I mean Last year was a mess...

We went and drafted 2 of the best O-Lineman in the draft this year... I wont lie I wanted Reggie Bush, or even V.Young (Just not M.Leinart, I knew Chad could come back) But when we drafted Brickashaw Ferguson and Mangold... Now thinking back... That was the best 2 first moves we could have ever dreamed of... Im telling you, no lie, these 2 will be All PROS for some time if they dont catch the injury bug... All the hype was on Fefguson, but I think Mangold was that "it" quality...

Chad Pennington is being a real leader for this Jets team... But you know what has surprised me the most? The play of J. Cotchery... This kid is a BEAST... I mean he set NC State records like crazy as a WR... But under Mangini, he is becoming a #1 wr as a #2 role... I love this kid already...

L.Washington is going to be a solid change of pace back...

I can go on and on... But I think Mangini has this Jets team on the right track, and I really feel we might bring the Bears back down to earth...

But 2 Bills fans... Keep ya head up, ******* will be just fine once he gets a solid O-Line... Willis should be ready next season, and you never know... The Pats might be on the fall, the phins... Well nothing 2 say, just might be the Jets and Bills for some time in the AFC East...

SABURZFAN
11-18-2006, 10:42 PM
we were lucky to beat the Packers.had it not been for our defense and the Packers turning over the ball,we could have easily lost that game.i'm not making it sound as if green bay has a chance but anything can happen.the Pats are a good team and i think they should have no problems with them.JMO....

Philagape
11-18-2006, 10:51 PM
I think the Pack and Jets can both win.

Philagape
11-18-2006, 10:52 PM
But 2 Bills fans... Keep ya head up, ******* will be just fine once he gets a solid O-Line...

This guy knows a little something about how this game is played. :up:

Devin
11-18-2006, 10:53 PM
We went and drafted 2 of the best O-Lineman in the draft this year... I wont lie I wanted Reggie Bush, or even V.Young (Just not M.Leinart, I knew Chad could come back) But when we drafted Brickashaw Ferguson and Mangold... Now thinking back... That was the best 2 first moves we could have ever dreamed of... Im telling you, no lie, these 2 will be All PROS for some time if they dont catch the injury bug... All the hype was on Fefguson, but I think Mangold was that "it" quality...

Smartest move of the draft imo.

Mangini went and drafted probably the best Center prospect in years maybe even a decade, just after he drafted a LT who may eventually be in the class of Ogden or Pace.

He really has the Jets turned in the right direction. A good draft this year and a FA pickup or two and you guys are in outstanding shape.

And yes I think beating the Bears is more then possible, however I think the Pats are going to turn GB inside out after 2 losses.

HendersonD06
11-18-2006, 11:02 PM
Smartest move of the draft imo.

Mangini went and drafted probably the best Center prospect in years maybe even a decade, just after he drafted a LT who may eventually be in the class of Ogden or Pace.

He really has the Jets turned in the right direction. A good draft this year and a FA pickup or two and you guys are in outstanding shape.

And yes I think beating the Bears is more then possible, however I think the Pats are going to turn GB inside out after 2 losses.

Nah I just look at it like this... ** ******* is still a young, but at the same time, when he played us Jets... I seen he can be a GREAT if not a really good QB for years to come... All you all need is a O-Line, seriously... It all starts there... 100%... Without a O-Line... You cant win.

But I like the Bills O, I think they have some explosive players, and with a O-Line they might just have the time to EXPLODE on O...

** ******* is going to be a nice QB for years to come
Willis will be a GREAT back once you all get that Line
R.Parrish... OMG is this guy FAST, can make a NICE 3rd slow WR
L.Evans... Very UNDERATED in the NFL... I put him in the mix with C.Chambers, L.Coles, D.Branch... Can be a game changer...

You all have the TALENT on O... And its easy to blame the QB when the team is down... But if the QB had a Line, im telling you...

Devin
11-18-2006, 11:05 PM
I dont blindly hate **, I dont hate him at all. Any Bills fan can tell you our OL needs help, its needed it for years. I am very envious of the Jets draft last year. Thats not to say I disliked ours as im quite happy with it. But a top tier OT and C would have been worth our whole draft imo.

My argument with ** has always been the same. He makes poor decisions with the football and generally has not shown me that he has "the it" needed to be a starting QB.

That being said, id never write off the kids career. In the right environment perhaps he may succeed. But after 3 years crappy OL or not I expect a certain amount of aptitude to be displayed on the field even in losing efforts.

PECKERWOOD
11-19-2006, 01:28 AM
Do the Packers have a chance at beating the Pats? I dont know, if the Pats lose 3 games in a row... I would say they are on the brink of falling apart and being the Pats of Old.

Now as far as the Jets go... Call me crazy, but I think we have a shot at beating the Bears in the Meadowlands...

I mean last year we were down and out... Pennington went down in like week 3-4... That same game J.Fiedler (Our backup) Went down for the season also. I mean, we even had to play Vinny T for like 6 games, and then we played Brooks Bollinger who swore he was Vick or McNabb... That was just the QB Problems...

On the O-Line... We had 4 out of 5 O-Lineman playing a different position than the year before, to make it worse... Out ALL PRO Center was hurt.

On D.... T.Law was no help, yea he had 10 ints... But he had like 30 illegal contact downfield calls on us...

All in all... We were a mess...

But coming into this season... I kept telling us Jet fans at Jetsinsider,com that we have a SHOT this season... For the simple fact the year before last we were 2 kicks away from the AFC Championship game.... I mean Last year was a mess...

Chad Pennington is being a real leader for this Jets team... But you know what has surprised me the most? The play of J. Cotchery... This kid is a BEAST... I mean he set NC State records like crazy as a WR... But under Mangini, he is becoming a #1 wr as a #2 role... I love this kid already...

L.Washington is going to be a solid change of pace back...

I can go on and on... But I think Mangini has this Jets team on the right track, and I really feel we might bring the Bears back down to earth...

But 2 Bills fans... Keep ya head up, ******* will be just fine once he gets a solid O-Line... Willis should be ready next season, and you never know... The Pats might be on the fall, the phins... Well nothing 2 say, just might be the Jets and Bills for some time in the AFC East...

Any Jets fan with posts this good is welcome on BZ. I don't however think that GB has much of a chance at beating NE. I do however think that the Jets can defeat CHI, at the Meadowlands. Good luck, except when you guys are playing my beloved Bills. :up: