PDA

View Full Version : Time to part with Takeo

The_Philster
11-19-2006, 04:00 AM
He’s been the heart, soul and neck of the Bills’ linebacking corps since the team signed him prior to 2003. But unless Takeo Spikes shows plenty of improvement in the final seven weeks, there’s little reason to bring the veteran back next year.

Face it, although Buffalo got full value on his deal through the first two seasons, Spikes was hardly worth the $3.6 million he made this year or last and hasn’t shown that he’ll be worth it next season.
more (http://www.tonawanda-news.com/sports/gnnsports_story_322233536.html)

SABURZFAN
11-19-2006, 05:14 AM
i guess his best days were in cincinatti after all.

Historian
11-19-2006, 05:39 AM
I don't think his heart is in Buffalo anymore.

He'll catch on someplace else.

jamze132
11-19-2006, 06:34 AM
Well we should wait and see how responds the rest of the season. He will only get healthier and stronger now. he might actually have a hell of a season next year. Just not sure where that will be. But if he finishes strong and on a good note, I don;t see any reason why we shouldn't bring him back next year. He seems to be a good on/off field presence, especially to the younger guys. We do need players like this in order to develop others.

Jan Reimers
11-19-2006, 06:58 AM
I think TKO has been frustrated by the Bills' lack of success since he's been here, as well as the Achilles injury, which has reduced him to an average player. A change of scenery will do him good, and a playoff appearence would really be nice for him. I think the playoffs may still be a year or two away for us and, unfortunately, Spikes won't be around.

!Papacrunk!
11-19-2006, 07:16 AM
well look at it this way, if he leaves, then maybe the Bills will get back to being successful like the Bengals when Spikes left them

ICE74129
11-19-2006, 10:16 AM
Well we should wait and see how responds the rest of the season. He will only get healthier and stronger now. he might actually have a hell of a season next year. Just not sure where that will be. But if he finishes strong and on a good note, I don;t see any reason why we shouldn't bring him back next year. He seems to be a good on/off field presence, especially to the younger guys. We do need players like this in order to develop others.

No we shouldn't wait, he isn't going to get much better no matter how much fans wish for it to happen.

SABURZFAN
11-19-2006, 10:16 AM
well look at it this way, if he leaves, then maybe the Bills will get back to being successful like the Bengals when Spikes left them

we can only hope....minus the run ins with the law.

Michael82
11-19-2006, 10:17 AM

i agree. :(

The_Philster
11-19-2006, 10:29 AM
No we shouldn't wait, he isn't going to get much better no matter how much fans wish for it to happen.
jamze is just saying that we should keep him IF he improves...finishes strong. It's only just past midseason

patmoran2006
11-19-2006, 10:35 AM

Agreed about the heart part.

Dr. Lecter
11-19-2006, 10:36 AM
He has played well the last two games. When a player does recover from an Achille's it takes at least 12 months.

Bills fans are some of themost impatient people I have ever seen.

The_Philster
11-19-2006, 10:39 AM
He has played well the last two games. When a player does recover from an Achille's it takes at least 12 months.

Bills fans are some of themost impatient people I have ever seen.
I'm honestly wondering if we're expecting too much as far as numbers...basing them off of what he used to do. He's not at the same position anymore...he's over at SLB and when did we last have a SLB really kick ass over there in a 4-3 defense? :scratch:

SABURZFAN
11-19-2006, 10:41 AM
He has played well the last two games.

i did notice that he was in on a few tackles.i think he finished with 5 solos and 4 assisted tackles.

SABURZFAN
11-19-2006, 10:42 AM
i did notice that he was in on a few tackles.i think he finished with 5 solos and 4 assisted tackles.

in the last game.

BillsNick
11-19-2006, 11:14 AM
Actually, I think the heart and soul of this defense has been Fletcher all this time.

Night Train
11-19-2006, 11:25 AM
Actually, I think the heart and soul of this defense has been Fletcher all this time.

And now it's changing to Crowell.

OpIv37
11-19-2006, 11:26 AM
I'm never buying a ****ing jersey again.

TacklingDummy
11-19-2006, 11:30 AM
He’s been the heart, soul and neck of the Bills’ linebacking corps since the team signed him prior to 2003.

I disagree. London Fletcher has been.

ublinkwescore
11-19-2006, 11:48 AM
I disagree. London Fletcher has been.

Fletcher has been this season and last - but prior to that, no one can argue with Spikes being our team's true Defensive leader.

Historian
11-19-2006, 12:01 PM
I'm never buying a ****ing jersey again.

:rofl:

I feel a rant coming on....

:couch:

TigerJ
11-19-2006, 02:45 PM
I think more than most players, TKO is driven to win. It's not a stretch to think he's getting frustrated, and that he can hear his biological clock ticking away.