PDA

View Full Version : Hey Haters, did you catch the Marv show?

ICE74129
11-19-2006, 12:01 PM
You can bet your ass JP is not only back but starts next year. Marv went out of his way to point out david Carr was not only the #1 overall pick his year out, but just now in his FIFTH (5th) season, he is just now coming on.

Go watch it yourselfs and see. 5th season and just now getting it? hummm this is JP's 3rd but honestly just his 2nd playing wise and we all know how he got screwed over last year. So from marvs comments, and more importantly HOW he said it, I think you can presume JP is the man for some time.

Oh and make sure you see where chris brown comments 'AGAIN JP losman hardly had time to look at his first option, let alone his 2nd or 3rd...'

they know its the OL mostly and I see it being addressed ASAP this offseason.

OpIv37
11-19-2006, 01:26 PM
I saw that and it pissed me off.

If Losman continues to play like he did in the first half today, I'm all for keeping him around.

But if he continues to play like he did the previous five or six games, he should be out of here.

justasportsfan
11-19-2006, 04:53 PM
But if he continues to play like he did the previous five or six games, he should be out of here.
they should take the handcuff off like they did against the jets and today and just let him play the game.

OpIv37
11-19-2006, 05:02 PM
they should take the handcuff off like they did against the jets and today and just let him play the game.

agreed- they're not getting much of an evaluation if they try to make him into a player that he's not and don't take full advantage of Losman's physical abilities.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-19-2006, 05:05 PM
I agree.. let him play the game. I'd love to see what would happen if they let him call his own plays for a quarter... what the heck, it would be fun to see~

SABURZFAN
11-19-2006, 06:31 PM
You can bet your ass JP is not only back but starts next year. Marv went out of his way to point out david Carr was not only the #1 overall pick his year out, but just now in his FIFTH (5th) season, he is just now coming on.

Go watch it yourselfs and see. 5th season and just now getting it? hummm this is JP's 3rd but honestly just his 2nd playing wise and we all know how he got screwed over last year. So from marvs comments, and more importantly HOW he said it, I think you can presume JP is the man for some time.

Oh and make sure you see where chris brown comments 'AGAIN JP losman hardly had time to look at his first option, let alone his 2nd or 3rd...'

there's 6 games left,so we'll see what he does from here on out.

HHURRICANE
11-19-2006, 06:43 PM

Well, I disagree. The very last play JP looked off the D to his right and than hit Price coming from the left. It was a veteran move in a critical point in the game. The weeks of keeping him in the pocket may of panned out on that play. Look at what a piece of crap Vick is.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-19-2006, 07:17 PM
I agree.. let him play the game. I'd love to see what would happen if they let him call his own plays for a quarter... what the heck, it would be fun to see~

some gutless wonder just neg reped me for this post.. of course he was gutless and did not say who he was.

Some one pos rep me back up at least 10 points to counter act the gutless negg... I dont mind getting neg reped by someone who is man enough to say who he is!

SABURZFAN
11-19-2006, 07:20 PM
some gutless wonder just neg reped me for this post.. of course he was gutless and did not say who he was.

Some one pos rep me back up at least 10 points to counter act the gutless negg... I dont mind getting neg reped by someone who is man enough to say who he is!

i get that all of the time.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-19-2006, 07:23 PM
SAB, I've groaned ya before but I've never negged you, and if I did I'd be man enough to say it was me.

Michael82
11-19-2006, 08:11 PM
Agreed. Let JP play his way. :bf1:

Michael82
11-19-2006, 08:12 PM
Well, I disagree. The very last play JP looked off the D to his right and than hit Price coming from the left. It was a veteran move in a critical point in the game. The weeks of keeping him in the pocket may of panned out on that play. Look at what a piece of crap Vick is.
Good point. There were a lot of plays where Losman would have ran last year and this time stepped up in the pocket and scanned the field. It was nice to see. :clap:

SABURZFAN
11-19-2006, 11:16 PM
SAB, I've groaned ya before but I've never negged you, and if I did I'd be man enough to say it was me.

i never said you did and i never negged anybody without signing the ol' SAB either.

GFLuNEEDit
11-19-2006, 11:20 PM

Sure he pointed out that Carr is in his 5th season.

What did you except him to point out ?

That Rivers is starting for the 1st time this year or that Romo ran off 5 solid games in his first 5 starts ?

No he is going to compare Losman favorably to a strubbling QB.

That comes as no shock.

Night Train
11-20-2006, 02:36 AM
I like how the thread basically states Marv's long term confidence in Losman in the post game show and some poster rates the thread one star. Good God.

So it's more about being right about Losman sucking than Losman having a good game and maybe turning the corner for the long term ?

This team has a crying need for 2-3 OL, another WR, another TE or 2 and maybe another RB, after reading Wilsons " disappointed " comment of McGahee in Sullys Sunday column. Doesn't look like he'll be getting his $$ here.

Looks like Losman is our QB for the future, so move on to scouting the other actual positions of need on Offense. The Losman dead horse beating is senseless.

clumping platelets
11-20-2006, 03:49 AM
Long live JP :up:

jamze132
11-20-2006, 04:08 AM
He did have the game of his life yesterday. I am happy for him, but he needs to keep working hard if he wants to reproduce this feeling more than once or twice a season.

Personally, I think he is getting better, especially at moving the pocket. I guess Dixk keeping him in the pocket and reading defenses is really helping him. JP should be given the opportunity to move out of the pocket and make something happens. He is very athletic and I think he is more accurate when he is on the move instead of standing still.

let's hope this continues. And I think it will, especially when we sure up the O-line.

GO BILLS!

Dont drink the water
11-20-2006, 06:31 AM
Yes let us hope that this is not like RJ who showed a flash and then the lights went out.

ICE74129
11-20-2006, 08:45 AM
I saw that and it pissed me off.

If Losman continues to play like he did in the first half today, I'm all for keeping him around.

Well he isn't going to be, so I guess you need to find a new team

ICE74129
11-20-2006, 08:46 AM
there's 6 games left,so we'll see what he does from here on out.

No I am pretty sure after hearing Marv that JP is here. Like OP I guess you need to start looking for a new team because like marv said, Carr has had FIVE years, JP is just in his 3rd so he is going to be here for awhile.

justasportsfan
11-20-2006, 09:09 AM
that's why it's time that they let him go. If they didn't let him throw this time, we would've lost without a running game.

ICE, he outplayed most of the qb's who have better weapons even Carr and yet he only had Evans while Carr had Moulds and Andre. Imagine what JP could do if he had those + TE :up:

JP is here to stay and I hope the trolls feel miserable about it. :snicker:

ICE74129
11-20-2006, 09:40 AM
that's why it's time that they let him go. If they didn't let him throw this time, we would've lost without a running game.

ICE, he outplayed most of the qb's who have better weapons even Carr and yet he only had Evans while Carr had Moulds and Andre. Imagine what JP could do if he had those + TE :up:

JP is here to stay and I hope the trolls feel miserable about it. :snicker:

Just upgrade Both guards, RT and get us a true #2 WR and a damn good TE and he will be tearing the league up.

ALL of these, and upgrades to the D, can be done this offseason between FA and the draft. The needs are there, The cap room is there...there are no excuses not to get it done

justasportsfan
11-20-2006, 09:43 AM
I forgot, how about a running game? I'm sure we could use one that Rivers has in Sd and Trent Green has in KC.

ICE74129
11-20-2006, 09:52 AM
I forgot, how about a running game? I'm sure we could use one that Rivers has in Sd and Trent Green has in KC.

We wont' get it from willis. We need his attitude out of here and get a guy in here that wants to be here and will bust ass.

gr8slayer
11-20-2006, 10:19 AM
Its funny, today was the first time in a while I have seen the coaches call plays to Losman's strengths. They let him go deep, something he does well, and they let him run around and scramble, something he does well.

Night Train
11-20-2006, 12:02 PM
Yes let us hope that this is not like RJ who showed a flash and then the lights went out.

Thanks for the neg. I didn't say "haters" but don't let that stop you on your mission of biased negging.

ublinkwescore
11-20-2006, 12:07 PM

I agree with you in part because they do seem to want to get him the habits of a pocket passer, but if they take the handcuffs off of him, and our OL reverts to it's old ways (see the Chicago Bears game) - it's a recipe for disaster.

Yesterday's game just points out what I've been saying for like the last month - Our OL is the biggest problem not who ever lines up under center. They came to play yesterday, and JP and Lee both have career days - I can't wait to see some more of that - unfortunately we'll have to wait until about week 4 of next season or so for the new guys (with talent I presume) that we bring in to gel.

TigerJ
11-20-2006, 12:21 PM
I think when Losman arrived in Buffalo, he was a great athlete playing QB. I think the present Bills staff is teaching him how to be a (hopefully) great QB who happens also to be an excellent athlete. It is an interesting challenge. I'm not sure anyone has ever attempted that before. In Atlanta, Michael Vick is a great athlete and not a very good QB. I think the Falcons just tried to taylor the Atlanta offense to what Vick can do rather than broaden his skill set. Rich Gannon is close. He was a great athlete coming out of college, and not a very good QB, primarily because he didn't have much preparation in college. I think with Gannon though, he just evolved over time. Just because of his longevity and determination he turned himself into a very good (not a great) QB.

justasportsfan
11-20-2006, 01:04 PM
I think when Losman arrived in Buffalo, he was a great athlete playing QB. I think the present Bills staff is teaching him how to be a (hopefully) great QB who happens also to be an excellent athlete. It is an interesting challenge. I'm not sure anyone has ever attempted that before. In Atlanta, Michael Vick is a great athlete and not a very good QB. I think the Falcons just tried to taylor the Atlanta offense to what Vick can do rather than broaden his skill set. Rich Gannon is close. He was a great athlete coming out of college, and not a very good QB, primarily because he didn't have much preparation in college. I think with Gannon though, he just evolved over time. Just because of his longevity and determination he turned himself into a very good (not a great) QB.
:bf1: