PDA

View Full Version : Well JP shut some people up today!

jamze132
11-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Nice game JP.

Historian
11-19-2006, 03:12 PM
Nice game JP.

I agree.

Unfortunately, the haters will never stay silent.

THATHURMANATOR
11-19-2006, 03:12 PM
two words.. Houston Texans....

DraftBoy
11-19-2006, 03:16 PM
Im not a hater or a supporter, but he did have a huge game but he also about cost us the game. To me he did nothing to improve or hurt his stock.

Bling
11-19-2006, 03:18 PM
I agree.

Unfortunately, the haters will never stay silent.

You do realize it goes both ways?

Do you think the haters would be hating if he did this against Denver, Baltimore or Chicago?

It's a simple outside opinion. I see a whole lot of homerism, and a few haters. Haters want to win now, homers thinks JP is worth the losing.

Historian
11-19-2006, 03:18 PM
:rofl:

Dozerdog
11-19-2006, 03:19 PM
I'm estatic that JP has FINALLY had a game that he has won on the force of his arm .

He needs to play like that every week- and continue to improve.

Did right-

Went long and didn't underthrow
Scrambled at just the right time
On target passing, even with most of the incomplete passes in the first half

Still needs improvement

Ball security
Time in pocket
Locked onto recievers
That interception killed this team's momentum for 2 plus quarters

Yasgur's Farm
3 tds vs 1 int 340 yds... what r ya nuts?

The_Philster
You do realize it goes both ways?

Do you think the haters would be hating if he did this against Denver, Baltimore or Chicago?guaranteed

It's a simple outside opinion. I see a whole lot of homerism, and a few haters. Haters want to win now, homers thinks JP is worth the losing.:huh: we won

HHURRICANE
11-19-2006, 03:23 PM
Im not a hater or a supporter, but he did have a huge game but he also about cost us the game. To me he did nothing to improve or hurt his stock.

What??? He won the game!!! I'm sure there are plenty of teams that will take his numbers this weekend.

TigerJ
11-19-2006, 03:23 PM
I think a few of the haters may shut up for about 5 minutes. This is going to be a process and we don't know where it will end.

TacklingDummy
11-19-2006, 03:26 PM
JP did nothing to shut up the haters. The Haters realize it was only 1 game and that game being against the Houston Texans.

All JP did today was give the lickers more to lick.

Philagape
11-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Do you think the haters would be hating if he did this against Denver, Baltimore or Chicago?

Yes.

THATHURMANATOR
11-19-2006, 03:29 PM
JP did nothing to shut up the haters. The Haters realize it was only 1 game and that game being against the Houston Texans.

All JP did today was give the lickers more to lick.
Don't be stupid man.

DraftBoy
What??? He won the game!!! I'm sure there are plenty of teams that will take his numbers this weekend.

We go through this same crap the same time JP has a horrible game and when he has a good game. He had a great game, but he still made a stupid ass mistake than would of lost us the game. Do you conveinetly just forget that? He cannot keep making these mistakes or we will never get above 4-6 record. He definetly gets a game ball but one ball in 10 games. Doesnt do much for him. Come back next week when he plays a similar good game. Then people can tell the haters to shut up. If he sucks next week then the haters will be back in full force about how much he sucks again.

Philagape

One mistake out of 38 passes, and that cancels out two spectacular bombs and a magnificent clutch winning drive.

Unbelievable.

Billz_fan
11-19-2006, 03:30 PM
JP played well and won against the Texans last year. If we played the Texans every week we would be in the playoffs :D

DraftBoy
11-19-2006, 03:31 PM
One mistake out of 38 passes, and that cancels out two spectacular bombs and a magnificent clutch winning drive.

Unbelievable.

Are you kidding me? Did I say he had a bad game, I said he had a great game, he still needs to cut out the stupid mistake. He hasnt gone a game without them. Jesus the supporters are worst than the haters.

Philagape
11-19-2006, 03:32 PM

EXCUSE, EXCUSE, EXCUSE! :rofl:

Philagape
11-19-2006, 03:33 PM
Are you kidding me? Did I say he had a bad game, I said he had a great game,

You said he didn't improve his stock. THAT's insane.

he still needs to cut out the stupid mistake. He hasnt gone a game without them.

Yes he has. He didn't have one for the first three games or the previous two.

onceproudbillsfan
11-19-2006, 03:33 PM
This game is the one JP needed to raise his confidence. A come back from behind last second win. Great game JP!

Elminster
11-19-2006, 03:34 PM
JP threw the INT, true....but he also made up for his mistake. We won baby, on the arm of JP Losman!

HHURRICANE
11-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Are you kidding me? Did I say he had a bad game, I said he had a great game, he still needs to cut out the stupid mistake. He hasnt gone a game without them. Jesus the supporters are worst than the haters.

He went 2 weeks in a row without a turnover before today!! I guess his 3 TD's don't count.

DraftBoy
11-19-2006, 03:37 PM
You said he didn't improve his stock. THAT's insane.

Yes he has. He didn't have one for the first three games or the previous two.

Your telling me; One great game out of 10 improved his stock? Yea that makes sense, if I do my job great 1 time out of 10, Im sure ill get my bosses support.

Ill give ya game 2, as he played good in that one. But are you serious about game 3? 22/38 1TD 1INT 328yd, 2 lost fumbles, sacked 3 times? So what your saying is that none of that is his fault? Ill give ya game 2 as playing without a mistake, but you gotta take back game 3.

Historian
11-19-2006, 03:38 PM
And don't discount how he responded after the mistake.

He kept pluggin' away, despite the time elapsing off the clock.

That last drive was managed perfectly....left 9 secs on the clock.

Now lets win a couple at home.

:up:

M
11-19-2006, 03:39 PM
This game is the one JP needed to raise his confidence. A come back from behind last second win. Great game JP!

Amen!

DraftBoy
11-19-2006, 03:40 PM
He went 2 weeks in a row without a turnover before today!! I guess his 3 TD's don't count.

He coughed up the ball last week, on a sack that alot of people said he could of likely thrown the ball away. Just because we recovered it doesnt make him immune. Id hold any other QB to the same standard. Im won of those saying that I dont think Big Ben should be in there right now (regardless of their win this week v. CLE) or do I think Vick or Eli will ever win the big game. Too inconsistent. I hold all qb's to the same level of expectations.

Risin
11-19-2006, 03:41 PM
He coughed up the ball last week, on a sack that alot of people said he could of likely thrown the ball away. Just because we recovered it doesnt make him immune.

Quit reaching.

DraftBoy
And don't discount how he responded after the mistake.

He kept pluggin' away, despite the time elapsing off the clock.

That last drive was managed perfectly....left 9 secs on the clock.

Now lets win a couple at home.

:up:

Agreed his mental state looked good at the end and the game winning drive was excellent considering he showed alot during. JP had one of his better, if not best games of his career today, however till I see it consistently, its nothing more than a blip. To expect anything less is to lower this teams expectations and standards that were set over a decade ago.

Philagape
Your telling me; One great game out of 10 improved his stock? Yea that makes sense, if I do my job great 1 time out of 10, Im sure ill get my bosses support.

Ill give ya game 2, as he played good in that one. But are you serious about game 3? 22/38 1TD 1INT 328yd, 2 lost fumbles, sacked 3 times? So what your saying is that none of that is his fault? Ill give ya game 2 as playing without a mistake, but you gotta take back game 3.

My mistake, I meant the Vikes game, which was game 4. Still three games early in the season.

So he's had four good games, two horrible, and four that were mixed or had too few attempts to judge.

And no one can question that JP has HIS bosses' support. And after today, it's impossible to not feel a little bit better about him. Impossible. Is he there yet? Of course not.

The_Philster
11-19-2006, 03:42 PM
My mistake, I meant the Vikes game, which was game 4. Still three games early in the season.

So he's had four good games, two horrible, and four that were mixed or had too few attempts to judge.

And no one can question that JP has HIS bosses' support. And after today, it's impossible to not feel a little bit better about him. Impossible. Is he there yet? Of course not.
:10:

DraftBoy
11-19-2006, 03:43 PM

Thats all Im saying, he had a great game, one of his best, I feel better about him, but until I see it on a consistent basis, I want us taking a QB in the offseason. No doubt about it. Whats wrong with asking for consistency? I dont think its too much to ask for.

Philagape
11-19-2006, 03:46 PM
Thats all Im saying, he had a great game, one of his best, I feel better about him, but until I see it on a consistent basis, I want us taking a QB in the offseason. No doubt about it. Whats wrong with asking for consistency? I dont think its too much to ask for.

If JP did what he did today every week, he'd shatter NFL season records.

Given his background and how horribly he's been developed and how bad the team around him is, expectations are just too high.

YardRat
11-19-2006, 03:51 PM
JP had a great game today, no doubt.

He did make mistakes, but he also came back from those mistakes...something we haven't seen before. That's a big positive, IMO, and could have HUGE implications for the offense.

Let's pass the credit around, a little though, for the oft-maligned Peerless Price. The catch was spectacular, plain and simple.

And I agree with DraftBoy...one great game doesn't wipe out a dozen ****ty ones. I'll wait and see how he performs next week to see if this actually becomes a springboard to better play or just a matter of a blind squirrel fining a nut.

hammerbillsfan
11-19-2006, 03:53 PM

who cares? This is still the NFL. :shakeno:

DraftBoy

Given his background and how horribly he's been developed and how bad the team around him is, expectations are just too high.

I agree, but I dont think asking for basic consistency is asking too much, you said it yourself we saw the makings of it early in the year. And now....nothing. I think we may need to more clearly define what is consistency and what is not as we may differ in those categories.

Philagape
When you're growing, you don't look back.

The_Philster
11-19-2006, 03:54 PM
When you're growing, you don't look back.
...or else you start going backwards..

DraftBoy
11-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Quit reaching.

EDS
11-19-2006, 03:57 PM
JP had a great game today, no doubt.

He did make mistakes, but he also came back from those mistakes...something we haven't seen before. That's a big positive, IMO, and could have HUGE implications for the offense.

Let's pass the credit around, a little though, for the oft-maligned Peerless Price. The catch was spectacular, plain and simple.

And I agree with DraftBoy...one great game doesn't wipe out a dozen ****ty ones. I'll wait and see how he performs next week to see if this actually becomes a springboard to better play or just a matter of a blind squirrel fining a nut.

Good post. Hopefully this game is the beginning of a trend for JP and not an aberation.

ParanoidAndroid
11-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Chalk this one up to JP. He made an absolutely amazing throw on that first TD with four guys coming at him. It was over 50 yards through the air and right on the money. He also seems to be getting the ball down and putting a little more touch on his screens.
A step in the right direction.
Now we have to see if he can keep it going against a much tougher Jags defense next week.

DraftBoy
11-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Good post. Hopefully this game is the beginning of a trend for JP and not an aberation.

Agreed we have enough holes to fill on the line, we could use a stable QB.

X-Era
11-19-2006, 04:57 PM

I dont agree with that take. JP owned the game and won us one.

The D stunk until late in the game, our special teams stunk, and we had running game. The only way we could win was through the air, JP won the game.

This is the first time that he won the game for us, thats an improvement.

Yes, the INT was a stupid, terrible throw. QB's will do that, but its critical that they bounce back and do what it takes to win, he did that.

justasportsfan
11-19-2006, 05:01 PM
huh?

No qb is going to be consistent w/ this OL and no running game. I wondered what this team would be like if Fairchild brought Bugler here. Bugler would be dead.

LtBillsFan66
11-19-2006, 05:23 PM
Exactly!

JP played well yes, but it's nothing to write home about.

SABURZFAN
11-19-2006, 05:30 PM
3 tds vs 1 int 340 yds... what r ya nuts?

it's about time.however,one game isn't going to carry him for the rest of the season.he has jacksonville next week.

chernobylwraiths
11-19-2006, 05:30 PM

kernowboy
11-19-2006, 05:37 PM
I think what I take from the game is this.

JPs now started 18 games and this was his first comeback from behind win. This will give him confidence and also give his team mates and coaches confidence in him.

He clearly showed the team where his strengths are. Let the boy play to them. He's got a great arm and lightening quick receiver. Lets use their strengths not try to focus on correcting their weaknesses. QBs are always deficent in one area or another. Most teams use the strengths of their QBs though.

He had proper pass protection. Whether that was a reflection on the poor Texan defence or our improve play I don't know but we must focus on this not being a flash in the pan but a consistent feature of the offence. If that means OL in R1 and R2 of the upcoming draft then so be it.

I just would like to think that this was the day our QB turned the corner

Philagape
11-19-2006, 05:38 PM
Exactly!

JP played well yes, but it's nothing to write home about.

Unbelievable. They just won't take their crow.

LtBillsFan66
11-19-2006, 05:42 PM
I'll gladly eat a boatload of crow if JP can play well consistency.

Some guy at the bar says to me "I can believe we are losing to the Texans." I say to him "Why? The Texans are playing the Bills."

TigerJ
11-19-2006, 05:43 PM
JP played well and won against the Texans last year. If we played the Texans every week we would be in the playoffs :D

The Texans appear to have improved versus a year ago. They have sweeped division rival Jacksonville and Carr looks a lot more efficient, with better blocking.

LtBillsFan66
11-19-2006, 05:44 PM
The Texans appear to have improved versus a year ago. They have sweeped division rival Jacksonville and Carr looks a lot more efficient, with better blocking.
They are a whopping 3-7!

Philagape
11-19-2006, 05:46 PM
I'll gladly eat a boatload of crow if JP can play well consistency.

How many QBs in the NFL have done that this year? Three or four?

chernobylwraiths
11-19-2006, 05:46 PM
JP (thank goodness it isn't ** out anymore) had a pretty good game, I wouldn't say great. He had a similar game against Miami last year. Started out great and petered out late. The offense did hardly anything until that last drive. The person I was watching the game with said "See what he can do when he gets some time to throw?" to which I replied, "Most NFL QBs can hit guys when they get time to throw, it is the QBs that can make some things happen when they DON'T get time to throw that make very good NFL QBs" JP hasn't proven anything with that kind of pressure yet.

Lee Evans had an AWESOME game! JP threw two beautiful throws and Lee took them to the house, but Lee made some good tough catches too. JP started to lock into Lee a little too much after than and Houston did their best to take him away. There were I believe a couple more balls that hit defenders hands that didn't get picked that were going to Lee. That was fortunate.

Getting that last drive was the most impressive part about JP's game today. JP didn't force any ball into close coverage on that drive and on a couple occasions hit the checkdown guy (Thomas) for positive yardage. One I thought he could have run for a first down and getting out of bounds instead of hitting Thomas for three yards and using a timeout, but at least he didn't screw it all up. The touchdown was also a beautiful throw and an even better catch by Price (I actually thought he didn't drag both feet).

Overall, I am happy with the win. I'm a little disappointed that Houston seemed to gash us for yardage at will and our run defense looked awful. JP had a very good game and Lee Evans was the player of the game.

LtBillsFan66
11-19-2006, 05:47 PM
How many QBs in the NFL have done that this year? Three or four?
LEt me rephrase. I'll eat crow if JP can NOT crap the bed consistently.

Philagape
11-19-2006, 05:49 PM
LEt me rephrase. I'll eat crow if JP can NOT crap the bed consistently.

Which he hasn't. In six of the 10 games this year, he hasn't made major mistakes.

Bling
11-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Yes.

But the lickers still loved after an embarrassing performance/no show day vs. Chicago, Indy, Green Bay, and Miami.

You guys really need to open your eyes. What other QB in the league can have 5 of 10 games with less than 165 yards passing, and still be considered legit?

Jeff1220
11-19-2006, 05:51 PM
I'm not ready to annoint JP as the almighty great future of the Bills just yet, but this was certainly a step in the right direction. Obviously I want to see him have games like this on a more consistant basis. How anyone can knock his performance today based on anything is a mystery to me. He threw this team on his back today and did what he needed to do to win. Hopefully the the lights went on for JP this week and they stay on. He had great command today, and this was a great win.

LtBillsFan66
11-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Which he hasn't. In six of the 10 games this year, he hasn't made major mistakes.

Great. I'm glad you're judging QBs by the number of major mistakes. At this rate, JP will go straight to the hall of fame.

LtBillsFan66
11-19-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm not ready to annoint JP as the almighty great future of the Bills just yet, but this was certainly a step in the right direction. Obviously I want to see him have games like this on a more consistant basis. How anyone can knock his performance today based on anything is a mystery to me. He threw this team on his back today and did what he needed to do to win. Hopefully the the lights went on for JP this week and they stay on. He had great command today, and this was a great win.
This is fair. I agree.

Philagape
11-19-2006, 05:52 PM

Great. I'm glad you're judging QBs by the number of major mistakes. At this rate, JP will go straight to the hall of fame.

I was judging him by what you said and proved it to be wrong.

LtBillsFan66
11-19-2006, 05:53 PM
I was judging him by what you said and proved it to be wrong.
ok

SABURZFAN
11-19-2006, 05:54 PM

one game is supposed to change everything????the 27th ranked defense is in the lower 6 of the NFL,not the top 6.when consistency is proven,then you can bring up crow.until then,one game isn't going to matter.

The_Philster
11-19-2006, 05:55 PM
But the lickers still loved after an embarrassing performance/no show day vs. Chicago, Indy, Green Bay, and Miami.

You guys really need to open your eyes. What other QB in the league can have 5 of 10 games with less than 165 yards passing, and still be considered legit?1...let's drop the name calling
2..we can't, in good conscience, blame JP for playcalling
3...everyone was down on Losman for Chicago just as they've been down on him for poor play anytime this season

chernobylwraiths
11-19-2006, 05:55 PM

What do you consider a major mistake?

LtBillsFan66
11-19-2006, 05:56 PM
one game is supposed to change everything????the 27th ranked defense is in the lower 6 of the NFL,not the top 6.when consistency is proven,then you can bring up crow.until then,one game isn't going to matter.
:bf1:

TigerJ
11-19-2006, 06:00 PM
I think the defense was playing a bend AND break philosophy today. When they weren't allowing the Texans to drive the length of the field, they were setting the Texans up to play field position and pin the Bills' offense deep in their own end. The running game wasn't working when the Texans expected the run, so JP was in a particularly difficult position trying to move the ball out of his own end of the field. That said, he's got to look for the defensive player in those situations. They will try to jump the route every time.

JP had an excellent day, and redeemed himself with that last TD pass to Price.

Philagape
11-19-2006, 06:07 PM
What do you consider a major mistake?

Turnovers. With one today, it's five games with no turnovers. But one out of 38 passes is normal in the NFL.

JP's had just two really bad games, against Detroit and Chicago. That's about normal in the NFL so far too. The rest were either good, mixed or had limited attempts.

chernobylwraiths
11-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Turnovers. With one today, it's five games with no turnovers. But one out of 38 passes is normal in the NFL.

JP's had just two really bad games, against Detroit and Chicago. That's about normal in the NFL so far too. The rest were either good, mixed or had limited attempts.

I think it has been three really bad games, but that is minor. It is the games that you and others consider mixed that probably is the biggest rub. In the Jets game, he made some good plays but the bad far outweighed the good. That I would consider a bad game. Along with the bad games, he had games where he might not have had any bad turnovers, but he did nothing of consequence in the games either. While that isn't all his fault, it is a concern that the coaches didn't have the confidence to let him make plays. In todays game, they seemed to take the training wheels off a bit. He got out of the pocket more and took off more than he had done all season. That certainly was a good thing to see. I would like to see those two things along with the good decisions with the ball for the rest of the season. Also, while I am not a person has much confidence in Losman, I think he should have the remainder of the season to see if he has "it" or not.

Philagape
11-19-2006, 06:29 PM
I think it has been three really bad games, but that is minor. It is the games that you and others consider mixed that probably is the biggest rub. In the Jets game, he made some good plays but the bad far outweighed the good. That I would consider a bad game. Along with the bad games, he had games where he might not have had any bad turnovers, but he did nothing of consequence in the games either. While that isn't all his fault, it is a concern that the coaches didn't have the confidence to let him make plays.

Based on their comments last week, the line was the primary reason for that.

In todays game, they seemed to take the training wheels off a bit. He got out of the pocket more and took off more than he had done all season. That certainly was a good thing to see. I would like to see those two things along with the good decisions with the ball for the rest of the season. Also, while I am not a person has much confidence in Losman, I think he should have the remainder of the season to see if he has "it" or not.

Agreed, obviously

jmb1099
11-19-2006, 07:01 PM
So we did win this game right? Losman threw for over 300 yards with 3 tds and a game winning td drive in the last nine seconds right?
A blind squirel finding a nut might have been the first td bomb, but not the second, and certainly not the third. He played very well today. Yes it was the texans, but he played well, end of story.
Now I agree that we need to see good consistent game play, but what is considered good game play? At one time I remember the critics saying minimal turnovers for at least two games...done. Then it was said that he needed to have a game that was one with his arm...done. Its also been said that he needed to throw for over 300 yards...done. So my question (and I'm not trying to be combatitive) is what will he need to do in order to be considered a good qb? And no offense intended here, but the "it" factor is a garbage response. What is consistent? How many good games does he need to have to be considered consistent?

jamze132
11-20-2006, 06:02 AM
Every QB made a mistake yesterday that could have cost his team the game, except for maybe Brady. But you could say the same for Palmer and Brees.

alohabillsfan
11-20-2006, 09:04 AM
[QUOTE=DraftBoy]Your telling me; One great game out of 10 improved his stock? Yea that makes sense, if I do my job great 1 time out of 10, Im sure ill get my bosses support.

So what is the appropriate number of screw ups your allowed at the drive thru?

mysticsoto
11-20-2006, 09:20 AM
For all the JP haters out there, you need to understand a few things. Yes, JP was just facing Houston, but one important thing you need to keep in mind is that, with the Oline being able to give him time - look how accurate his bombs were to Evans!!! Evans didn't even have to break stride with both bombs that were thrown at him. Giving JP time clearly makes a HUGE difference and that is something that has been lacking on our team.

If we had a real Oline that could CONSISTENTLY give JP time, I think JP would consistently give results. However, we don't have that, and I suspect that this coming week, against Jacksonville, our Oline will get severely tested and likely end on the wrong side of that test. The JP haters will then return to bashing him and saying he's not consistent.

May I suggest you play close attention to the Oline's performance when JP has a bad day and make the correlation as to why. He has had bad days on his own - no doubt. However, I find that the Oline's poor performance usually has a direct corrolation to JP's performance also. I just ask that you look at that also when you talk about JP's "inconsistent" ways.

justasportsfan
11-20-2006, 09:24 AM
Who said 1 game was suppose to change everything? What you trolls never undersdtood from the begining is that we are rebuilding. It takes time for these guys to learn a new system, get acquainted with their new teamates, coaches etc. Did you think we were gonna fix TD's mess in one season? common sense.