• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

OpIv37's Game Notes.

First and foremost, I don't ****ing believe it. The Bills actually came back after being down in the 4th quarter. I don't remember the last time it happened. What a great game.

Since it was a win, we'll start with the good.
    -The offense FINALLY won a game. They went dormant for a while there, but they scored when it counted.

-JP Losman. He had 2 or 3 bad throws but a lot of really good ones too. On that first bomb to Evans, the pass blocking broke down and he had 4 guys bearing down on him, but he was still able to wing it downfield.

-Evans. He was dominant- that's all that needs to be said.

-Pass blocking- not perfect, but significantly better.

-Crowell- this guy hits hard and is always around the ball.

-Clements- he gave up some underneath stuff trying to prevent the big play, but came up with two turnovers and shut Andre Johnson down. This is 2 good games in a row for him- I'm still not sold completely but he's starting to convince me.

-Coaching- they put the clamps on the Texan's run in the second half. For once, there was noticable evidence of a successful coaching adjustment.

Before I go on, let me clarify my views on Losman. He had a great game today, but he has to be able to carry that momentum and continue to be successful. Over the course of the year, he's had a lot more bad games than good ones. If he can build on the success he had today for the rest of the year, I'll be fine with keeping him next year. But if he reverts to the way he's looked over the last 6 games or so prior to this one, we need to look elsewhere.

Ok, now the bad.
    -the D as a whole, especially the run D. We gave up 397 yards total, 188 on the ground for a 7 YPC average. That's ****ing pathetic. I'll never figure out how we can pretty much shut down the Colts but get smoked by the Texans.

-Tim Anderson. The pass rush was non-existent when he started taking reps from Hargrove (Hargove did decent from both the DT spot and the DE spot).

-Spikes has yet to show up this year.

-WTF happened to special teams? No big returns, pinned inside the 10 3 times, two penalties, short kickoffs, and Parrish living dangerously on punt returns. Other than Moorman, this unit didn't show.

-Our TE's just blow.

-The running game. A-train ran hard but had nowhere to go most of the time. The Texans' DT's were eating up the interior of our OL.

All things considered, the D tightened up when it counted and the O looked like a real NFL offense for once. It wasn't always pretty, but for the first time this year I see some hope for this team.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: OpIv37's Game Notes.

Hargrove is starting to look like a good pickup!!!

Comment

• MikeInRoch
      • Sep 2003

Another note: Only 3 penalties. Good job.
      "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Billsrock4life
        • Nov 2005

The team as a whole is very inconsistent one week its the O playing bad and the D playing good or vice versa. OR they both play bad. They have the potential to play well its just a matter of them executing. If the offense played like this last week then we would've pulled off a huge upset and if the D played like they did last week then this game wouldn't of been close at all. However the D did step it up at the end of the game......

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
          Before I go on, let me clarify my views on Losman. He had a great game today, but he has to be able to carry that momentum and continue to be successful. Over the course of the year, he's had a lot more bad games than good ones. If he can build on the success he had today for the rest of the year, I'll be fine with keeping him next year. But if he reverts to the way he's looked over the last 6 games or so prior to this one, we need to look elsewhere.
          Pretty much how I feel.

JP had a great game, but that being said....it was the Texans. He and Evans just ran all over the place. However giving credit where credit is due a win is a win and 300+ yards/3 td's against any NFL team is a great game.

I really hope against hope JP will carry this into next week and continue solid play. While im not overly optomistic today anyway JP played like a champ.
          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
            the amazing part of that...Terry McAuley was the ref...he throws flags on Hail Marys for pass interference
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
              I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
              • May 2005

First and foremost, I don't ****ing believe it. The Bills actually came back after being down in the 4th quarter. I don't remember the last time it happened. What a great game.

Since it was a win, we'll start with the good.
              -The offense FINALLY won a game. They went dormant for a while there, but they scored when it counted.

-JP Losman. He had 2 or 3 bad throws but a lot of really good ones too. On that first bomb to Evans, the pass blocking broke down and he had 4 guys bearing down on him, but he was still able to wing it downfield.

-Evans. He was dominant- that's all that needs to be said.

-Pass blocking- not perfect, but significantly better.

-Crowell- this guy hits hard and is always around the ball.

-Clements- he gave up some underneath stuff trying to prevent the big play, but came up with two turnovers and shut Andre Johnson down. This is 2 good games in a row for him- I'm still not sold completely but he's starting to convince me.

-Coaching- they put the clamps on the Texan's run in the second half. For once, there was noticable evidence of a successful coaching adjustment.

Ok, now the bad.
              -the D as a whole, especially the run D. We gave up 397 yards total, 188 on the ground for a 7 YPC average. That's ****ing pathetic. I'll never figure out how we can pretty much shut down the Colts but get smoked by the Texans.

-Tim Anderson. The pass rush was non-existent when he started taking reps from Hargrove (Hargove did decent from both the DT spot and the DE spot).

-Spikes has yet to show up this year.

-WTF happened to special teams? No big returns, pinned inside the 10 3 times, two penalties, short kickoffs, and Parrish living dangerously on punt returns. Other than Moorman, this unit didn't show.

-Our TE's just blow.

-The running game. A-train ran hard but had nowhere to go most of the time. The Texans' DT's were eating up the interior of our OL.

All things considered, the D tightened up when it counted and the O looked like a real NFL offense for once. It wasn't always pretty, but for the first time this year I see some hope for this team.
              Pretty spot on assessment in my book, you saw basically what I saw. I'll give our special teams a break however since they keep us in games almost every other week, one letdown is permissable I suppose. I said the exact same thing about Spikes though. At one point they showed him on the screen and I said "oh, he still plays football?" Our TEs are completely worthless, dead on about that one!

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
              Another major thing I noticed, we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot all day long. JP's interception was atrocious but he played great otherwise... The run D was god awful, our DT's are about as useful as our TEs. I'm still not going to get overly excited though. I was impressed with our play, but it was still the Texans and we still nearly lost. It feels good to win one of the ones we were expected to get nonetheless.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Nice job OP!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

J P did it without a running game. Imagine if he had what Carr had. A. Johnson , Moulds and a TE that can catch.

I knew J P had it in him. It was a matter of time before he would have one of this games where he showed he had the ability to carry the O . Great job. Get him an OL and better weapons, he will go places.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• goodkarma
                    • Aug 2003

The O-line is terrible. Even another bad game isn't going to make me jump ship. He is the best QB on this roster and should play a full year.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by goodkarma
                      The O-line is terrible. Even another bad game isn't going to make me jump ship. He is the best QB on this roster and should play a full year.
                      I stood up for JP for the longest time, but he went through a 5 or 6 game stretch prior to today where he looked awful. And I'm not talking about the plays where he got blindsided because our OL whiffed on a block or where he had a defender in his face before he even finished his blocks.

I'm talking about the plays where he had time and took a sack anyway. The plays where he missed receivers in the flats cuz he had no touch. The plays where he didn't protect the ball or ran backwards in desperate attempts to make something happen. The fact that he was continuing to make these mistakes 9 games into this season has me really concerned.

Now, in his defense, he was MUCH better about the majority of those things today and showed real signs of development. That's what I haven't been seeing from him for most of this season.

What he needs to do now is to continue to play like this. Now, don't misunderstand, I don't expect him to have 300 yards and 3 TD's every week, especially against teams like the Jags that have good D's. What I expect him to do is continue to find his dump off option before he gets sacked, not miss wide open guys, not turn the ball over by forcing plays when nothing is there, and protect the ball if he scrambles or if the protection breaks down and he has to take a sack. He did all those things well today and that's what he needs to continue for the rest of this season to prove he's a legit NFL starter.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                        The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                        • Feb 2005

OP- good assesment. Crap, thats twice in one day that I thanked you :)
                        In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

Working...
                        X