• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Like the wind....

...so go the haters and lickers.

One game does not make OR break a career.

Let's see how he plays over the next couple of games first before saying our QB situation is solved.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Like the wind....

YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical

Let's see how he plays over the next couple of games first before saying our QB situation is solved.
      Let's see someone say our QB situation is solved before saying that someone's saying our QB situation is solved.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

I don't see anyone saying that JP's definitely proven himself. Just that the Bills fans here are enjoying the win and a solid performance by our QB
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
          Maybe?
          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
          I don't see anyone saying that JP's definitely proven himself. Just that the Bills fans here are enjoying the win and a solid performance by our QB
          You haven't, no...but some others are implying it.

I really can't wait until our QB is solved because the bickering has been going on since Kelly left and it's tiring.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

I really can't wait until our QB is solved because the bickering has been going on since Kelly left and it's tiring.
            That I can agree with...JP needs to keep playing like this...or even somewhere between what he did toay and what he's done the past few weeks...then maybe we can breathe easy
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Risin
              • Aug 2004

If today showed anything, it shows when our oline plays well, JP does.

Let's solve our oline problem, and JP will take care of the rest.

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Risin

Yeah...on the run game, the O-line was sporadic ..inconsistent...but they were solid in pass protection

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                  Maybe?
                  • Oct 2003

There's no debating the importance of the oline. But while JP made some nice throws today that's still a far cry from being the true starter we need. We all know he has an arm and can "make throws". That's never been in question. It's his ability to be consistent, have football awareness and his overall leadership that's been the problem. I need to see him string a few games where he displays those things before I'll be back in his camp.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Nothing is solved.. but.. TO grow into a good QB you have to start by winning a big game on your shoulders and for today at least, that's exactly what JP did.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Risin
                      • Aug 2004

There's no debating the importance of the oline. But while JP made some nice throws today that's still a far cry from being the true starter we need. We all know he has an arm and can "make throws". That's never been in question. It's his ability to be consistent, have football awareness and his overall leadership that's been the problem. I need to see him string a few games where he displays those things before I'll be back in his camp.

The whole offense needs to be consistant.

Why do people take shortcuts to thinking?

How can JP be consistant, when 8 or 9 players surrounding him aren't?

Quit focusing on the QB.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                        Maybe?
                        • Oct 2003

The whole offense needs to be consistant.

Why do people take shortcuts to thinking?

How can JP be consistant, when 8 or 9 players surrounding him aren't?

Quit focusing on the QB.

I'm not disagreeing with you that the whole O needs to be consistent. But you can still evaluate the way a QB plays independently. There have (and always will be) situations where the QB has control over what he does regardless of the other players, e.g, when he has time and either throws an INT or misses the WR...when he puts his head down instead of getting fired up...when he doesn't rally the others to step up...makes bad decisions....stares down receivers....holds the ball....etc.

The QB is the most complex position on the team and has the most impact (except on rare occasions where the rest of the team is so good all he needs to do is handoff and not lose the game...but that is the exception) So he deserves the most scrutiny (and most rewards)

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

His stats this year prove that even behind this crap OL the kid can play. The JP Haters have yet to produce a viable option.

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            His stats this year prove that even behind this crap OL the kid can play. The JP Haters have yet to produce a viable option.
                            A-men!

At one point in the game he was what.... 153.8?

Comment

• Dozerdog
                              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

I've never disputed the kid has the ability to play great.

I hope to see more.

I railed his ass for making the same stupid mistakes over and over and over and over again.

Comment

Working...
                              X