PDA

View Full Version : Well this is what some have been waiting for

X-Era
11-19-2006, 03:45 PM
J P finally took over a game and forced a win. He almost lost it for us too, but a wins a win and he was about as good as we could expect today with the exception of the terrible and stupid throw INT for a TD.

The special teams were god awful, the D gave up a ton of yards today, and we had no running game.

But, we pass protected the best we have all year, J P had time and he made play after play.

This game was on his shoulders to win, many of us feel our QB will need to be able to win games for us at times, and he just did that.

However, its one game. He still need to show consistency and play top ball each and every week.

Its a nice feeling though to have your QB win the game for you after not winning it so many times prior.

A Superbowl team wont put the game on the QB though, we forces J P to win it YET AGAIN, and today he got it done.

A thrilling game with a great finish, Nice job J P

patmoran2006
11-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Easily the best game of this career.

numbers aside, for the FIRST TIME I saw all the INTANGIBLES that a good quarterback owns.. He was poised, he didnt get rattled after a horrible int, he didnt force as many balls as he usually does, he FELT the pocket much, much better and for the most part he was patient.

I am FAR from sold on him as the future of this team, I refuse to go that far over one game.. BUT, to become a qood QB in this league you have to start the foundation by having this kind of game.

HHURRICANE
11-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Did anybody see how he looked off the D before hitting Price. That was a big step today and his teammates were very excited for him.

patmoran2006
11-19-2006, 04:05 PM
Did anybody see how he looked off the D before hitting Price. That was a big step today and his teammates were very excited for him.
Yes, I did and it was the most impressive thing I've seen him do in his career, and i'm NOT being sarcastic.

In fact, for today, I seen Losman do a lot of things I hadn't seen him do before.

X-Era
11-19-2006, 04:45 PM

numbers aside, for the FIRST TIME I saw all the INTANGIBLES that a good quarterback owns.. He was poised, he didnt get rattled after a horrible int, he didnt force as many balls as he usually does, he FELT the pocket much, much better and for the most part he was patient.

I am FAR from sold on him as the future of this team, I refuse to go that far over one game.. BUT, to become a qood QB in this league you have to start the foundation by having this kind of game.

Im far from sold on him too actually, I just am willing to wait it out and hold judgement longer.

Yes it was a great game, but its only one and he now needs to show he can be counted on repeatably.

I hope its a start in the right direction, but he needs to show no let down now and keep getting better.

patmoran2006
11-19-2006, 05:13 PM
jags and sd will be two straight good tests

kernowboy
11-19-2006, 05:27 PM
17 odd games, could this be the game that JP finally stepped up? A load of plusses, the occasional negative but overall this may just give him, his teammates and the coaches confidence to move forward. Ideally it shouldn't have been so close but the D again struggled to stop the run, the pass rush was marginal, and he had to come from behind. Good man

kernowboy
11-19-2006, 05:28 PM
You give a QB any QB proper pass protection and he is more likely to step up

SABURZFAN
11-19-2006, 05:34 PM
jags and sd will be two straight good tests

that's right.i wouldn't be tooting my horn too much.it's only one game.when i see consistancy,i'll sing a different tune.

X-Era
11-19-2006, 06:40 PM
that's right.i wouldn't be tooting my horn too much.it's only one game.when i see consistancy,i'll sing a different tune.

Nobodys tooting anyones horns. This post only recognizes that J P MAY be getting better and that he had a good game, thats it, nothing more.

HHURRICANE
11-19-2006, 06:46 PM
Yes, I did and it was the most impressive thing I've seen him do in his career, and i'm NOT being sarcastic.

I actually agree. It was a big step.

Michael82
11-19-2006, 08:06 PM

and he was showing emotion on the field and on the sidelines. He was interacting with the coaches and the players a few times they showed him. Plus he was celebrating with the OL and other players after the TDs. :up:

X-Era
11-19-2006, 09:03 PM
and he was showing emotion on the field and on the sidelines. He was interacting with the coaches and the players a few times they showed him. Plus he was celebrating with the OL and other players after the TDs. :up:

I didnt specifically address this point but yes, J P took a step forward as a emotional leader. I especially liked how he rebounded after the dumb INT throw to keep his head in the game.

The team congratulated him, the team rallyed together. I think this game was a big start for building confidence in our program as a whole. J P should have a sense of accomplishment but temper it with the realization that it wont get any easier, he needs to play that well all the time.