PDA

View Full Version : Bills win.. MY thoughts

patmoran2006
11-19-2006, 04:02 PM
- Losman. EASILY the best game of his career. I'm not all that impressed because of the long passes (though they were beauties). He's shown he can make the nice long throw before (Miami, KC last year). His numbers were great but so what, EVERY quarterback finds a nut sometimes.

What IMPRESSED me were the "other" things, the things that it takes to be a good QB and for the FIRST time I saw them from him. He played CALM, he didnt SULK after the horrible INT, he FELT the pocket so much better, he wasnt LOCKED in to one WR all day (though the stats may say otherwise), he took what the defense gave him. And the final drive was a drive that a GOOD quarterback has to rise up to, and for today at least, Losman did just that. Who knows, I"M NOT sold on him long-term, but this could possibly become the day Losman became a real NFL quarterback.

- Nate Clements for the third straight week was amazing. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm really starting to hope we pony up the cash to resign him. He's making PLAYS and rendering the other team's top WR ineffective. He was awesome.

- The OL played VERY well. WE only gave up one sack the entire game and it was because A-Trains missed block. Granted, Houston's not a great pass rushing defense and were missing some starters, but I dont care, for us this is a big step.. All five starters played well today, and I like the way Pennington played today a lot.

- Kyle Williams NEVER stops hustling, I counted THREE tackles he made more than 10 yards down the field.

- Another game, another "so what" performance by TKO. I'm giving him more time becuase of the injury, and I wouldnt be mad at all if we gave him all of next year too, but I hope he starts making some plays soon.

- Count me as one of the few, but I'm far from impressed with our rookies safeties right now. They are ROOKIES so their inconsistent play is not unexpected, but they take REALLY BAD lanes in run support right now. I'm sure they'll get better.

- We really need a dominant defensive end to play alongside Schobel next year. I hope that is a high priority for Levy. WE better do something, cause our run defense was putrid.

- Great job by the coaching staff for the way they came out attacking from the gate, and even more impressed that we made adjustments at halftime defensively to take away the run which was killing us.

- I still like Eric Moulds. I don't like Roscoe Parrish as anything other than a punt returner. He's not a quality #3, despite the couple of big plays he made early in the year.

- I have no adjectives to describe how good I think Lee Evans is. I'm NOT exaggerating when I say I think he's one of the top 5 WRs in the NFL,and if Losman grows and we get a more consistent #2 next year this guy is going to bust up the Bills record book.

- Please God, can we PLEASE get a real tight end here next season. Robert Royal SUCKS. Another crap FA signing by Levy. Levy is a smart man, even he knows he really took a **** when it came to this year's FA class. i'm confident it wont happen again.

Pat's Game Balls: Evans, Losman, Clements and the entire OFFENSIVE LINE.

YardRat
11-19-2006, 04:07 PM
Royals is starting to wear thin with me.

The_Philster
11-19-2006, 04:07 PM
Royals is starting to wear thin with me.
only starting to? ;)

patmoran2006
11-19-2006, 04:11 PM
He drops balls which he isnt supposed to be a great receiver, but he also misses blocks..

We very much over-estimated him when we gave him that deal. Oh well, its just the continued tradition of crap TE's..

I"d bet my life we'll have a real TE in here next year.

ParanoidAndroid
11-19-2006, 04:14 PM
I have to disagree on the O-line. Our inside run blocking was pretty bad against a couple of back-up DT's. Pennington let nothing by him in pass protection which was good and Peters looked good again.

Thurmal
11-19-2006, 04:19 PM
I think that we need to keep Royal as an extra blocker, at which he excels . Obviously, though, we need a TE that is a threat in the passing game. I guess that Everett isn't all they thought he would be.

And, say what you want about the "D," but they only gave up 14 points today.

HHURRICANE
11-19-2006, 04:19 PM
I have to disagree on the O-line. Our inside run blocking was pretty bad against a couple of back-up DT's. Pennington let nothing by him in pass protection which was good and Peters looked good again.

Can Gandy and Preston suck anymore?

Historian
11-19-2006, 04:24 PM
- I don't like Roscoe Parrish as anything other than a punt returner. He's not a quality #3, despite the couple of big plays he made early in the year.

I agree.

Rarely does a smurf make it at this level.

- Please God, can we PLEASE get a real tight end here next season. Robert Royal SUCKS. Another crap FA signing by Levy. Levy is a smart man, even he knows he really took a **** when it came to this year's FA class. i'm confident it wont happen again.

Where's Everett? Is he still hurt?

justasportsfan
11-19-2006, 04:24 PM
- Losman. EASILY the best game of his career. I'm not all that impressed because of the long passes (though they were beauties). He's shown he can make the nice long throw before (Miami, KC last year). His numbers were great but so what, EVERY quarterback finds a nut sometimes.

What IMPRESSED me were the "other" things, the things that it takes to be a good QB and for the FIRST time I saw them from him. He played CALM, he didnt SULK after the horrible INT, he FELT the pocket so much better, he wasnt LOCKED in to one WR all day (though the stats may say otherwise), he took what the defense gave him. And the final drive was a drive that a GOOD quarterback has to rise up to, and for today at least, Losman did just that. Who knows, I"M NOT sold on him long-term, but this could possibly become the day Losman became a real NFL quarterback. you're crow is rare. It's still bloody.

- I still like Eric Moulds. I don't like Roscoe Parrish as anything other than a punt returner. He's not a quality #3, despite the couple of big plays he made early in the year.

.Parrish will be fine. One that long ball when the bills were pinned on they're own 1 yd. he was held right on the 32 yd. line but being inexperienced he didn't sell it properly. I have the game on tape and kept rewinding it. He was held.

DraftBoy
11-19-2006, 04:30 PM
I disagree on the safeties, Ko forced a fumble, and Donte made quite a few open field tackles to save scores. They take bad angles, but they rarely get burned over the top and they dont miss many tackles.

justasportsfan
11-19-2006, 04:34 PM
OH yeah, Whitner was at the right place at the right time but being a rookie , he barely missed the tackles. IN time he will get better. Otherwise, I think we're set in the safety for years to come. Moran is getting impatient all over again.

Michael82
11-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Good post! But I'd like to add, Props to Anthony Thomas. He fought hard for the little yardage he got. But thats not the main thing. He was excellent at picking up the blitz and was knocking guys on their ass all day long. This is something we hardly saw from Willis.