Who else was going nuts when we punted on 4th and 5 with 2:34 left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

Who else was going nuts when we punted on 4th and 5 with 2:34 left?

Wow. I was ready to write Jauron off forever when he did this. I can't believe it paid off.

It was a good move psychologically too for the team. He showed confidence in the "D" that they could stop the Texans, and he showed confidence that the "O" could score with less than two minutes left.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Who else was going nuts when we punted on 4th and 5 with 2:34 left?

I did.

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• MikeInRoch
        • Sep 2003

Yep, I went nuts.

Even though it worked out, I still think that was the wrong call.
        "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Cntrygal
          Visually stunning but camera-shy.
          • Jul 2002

I honestly didn't believe that the Offense would convert a 4&5.... and I wasn't positive that our D would step up and get the ball back to us.

Originally posted by notacon
          The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
            I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
            • May 2005

The entire bar let out a collective WTF... We quickly forgot about it however

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

I was.

I would have gone for it there.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

We had 2 time outs plus the 2 minute warning. It was not a bad call.

What was a bad call was the Texans throwing it on 3rd and 2 when they had been running it down our throats all day. That was the bad call.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                  considering the way they'd been running all over us all day, many of us had concerns about our defense stopping them

Originally posted by EE
                  What was a bad call was the Texans throwing it on 3rd and 2 when they had been running it down our throats all day. That was the bad call.
                  it was a good call...as far as we were concerned
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Maybe the Colts and Pats games would have turned out differently if the D could have gotten the ball back!!!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                      considering the way they'd been running all over us all day, many of us had concerns about our defense stopping them

it was a good call...as far as we were concerned
                      When you say "we" and "us" all the time, who do you mean? Are there other people there?

Comment

• Dozerdog
                        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Phil- keep me out of your "we"

Thanks buddy

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                          If you felt it was a good call at the time...then you're obviously excluded from the "us"
                          But if you liked the fact that Houston made the call to pass on 3rd and 2...and thus give us back the ball...then you're part of the "we"
                          I thoought the call sucked.

Just keep me out of your "We"- you don't speak for me. If that means I'm not part of your "collective Bills nation" so be it.

Thanks

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Thurmal
                            Wow. I was ready to write Jauron off forever when he did this. I can't believe it paid off.

It was a good move psychologically too for the team. He showed confidence in the "D" that they could stop the Texans, and he showed confidence that the "O" could score with less than two minutes left.
                            Not me. It was the right call.

Comment

• Bufftp
                              Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

great postig EE
                              Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                              "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                              Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                              - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                              to be led by permanent ideals -
                              that is what keeps a man patient
                              when the world ignores him,
                              and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

Working...
                              X