Who gives a crap about Carr's tying of a meaningless record?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Who gives a crap about Carr's tying of a meaningless record?

Half those passes were for under 5 yards, and at least a half-dozen were for no-gain, or a loss. 22 straight completions, and he still only had 223 yards passing. Big friggen deal.

What an over-rated performance.
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: Who gives a crap about Carr's tying of a meaningless record?

I think the last two were for negative yards, lol.

Comment

• Wraith
      • Mar 2003

I really liked how the three completions leading up to tying the record went for a combined -8 yards. Congratulations, you could have taken a knee and gotten better results...

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wraith
        I really liked how the three completions leading up to tying the record went for a combined -8 yards. Congratulations, you could have taken a knee and gotten better results...

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
          Senior Zoner
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
          Half those passes were for under 5 yards, and at least a half-dozen were for no-gain, or a loss. 22 straight completions, and he still only had 223 yards passing. Big friggen deal.

Not only that but he probably gave the game away.

He cost his team a chace to get 1st downs on 3 seperate drive throwing passes that gained no yards.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

The best is some fans think that Carr "shredded" the Bills' defense. That's a good one.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral

I don't care how many yards they were for or anything....to have 22 straight thown well enough to be caught and to be caught on top of that is impressive. Give him props for that. You won the game.

Comment

• Iehoshua
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                I don't care how many yards they were for or anything....to have 22 straight thown well enough to be caught and to be caught on top of that is impressive. Give him props for that. You won the game.
                If the goal of the game is to just complete passes, the QB could sit in shotgun and underhand it to the running back every play, for dozens upon dozens of completions. He'd be dropped in the backfield for a loss every time, but it would be sooo impressive.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                  • Mar 2005

give the guy props. 22 is 22. christ you won the game no need to take away from that feat.

Just like we rushed for -3 yards today but won the game. Are the Vikes happy with their rush D?? Probably!! Are the Fins happy with their running game today? NO!! Are they happy with the win?? YEP!!

Comment

• Cntrygal
                    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                    • Jul 2002

I was hoping that the 22nd pass would have been completed to one of our Defensive guys.
                    Originally posted by notacon
                    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

It bothers me...it tells me this team was not good enough to stop 22 pass plays in a row. This is the NFL. Negative yardage or not that is disturbing. What would either one of the Mannings have done to that team today?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                        • Mar 2005

Had JP completed those same 22 in a row he would be named the second coming of Jim Kelly

Comment

• Mudflap1
                          Next Question!
                          • Nov 2004

The Texans offense played a heck of a first half... but the Bills D made adjustments and played a real nice second half...

Jon

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Had JP completed those same 22 in a row he would be named the second coming of Jim Kelly
                            If any Buffalo QB completed 22 in a row most of the fans in this town would want him in the HOF.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                              It bothers me...it tells me this team was not good enough to stop 22 pass plays in a row. This is the NFL. Negative yardage or not that is disturbing. What would either one of the Mannings have done to that team today?
                              What? You saw what Peyton didn't do against them last week. Is your memory that short?

Comment

Working...
                              X