PDA

View Full Version : Who gives a crap about Carr's tying of a meaningless record?

Forward_Lateral
11-19-2006, 07:18 PM
Half those passes were for under 5 yards, and at least a half-dozen were for no-gain, or a loss. 22 straight completions, and he still only had 223 yards passing. Big friggen deal.

What an over-rated performance.

Historian
11-19-2006, 07:22 PM
I think the last two were for negative yards, lol.

Wraith
11-19-2006, 07:23 PM
I really liked how the three completions leading up to tying the record went for a combined -8 yards. Congratulations, you could have taken a knee and gotten better results...

Michael82
11-19-2006, 08:10 PM
I really liked how the three completions leading up to tying the record went for a combined -8 yards. Congratulations, you could have taken a knee and gotten better results...
:rofl:

GFLuNEEDit
11-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Half those passes were for under 5 yards, and at least a half-dozen were for no-gain, or a loss. 22 straight completions, and he still only had 223 yards passing. Big friggen deal.

What an over-rated performance.

Not only that but he probably gave the game away.

He cost his team a chace to get 1st downs on 3 seperate drive throwing passes that gained no yards.

Forward_Lateral
11-19-2006, 09:06 PM
The best is some fans think that Carr "shredded" the Bills' defense. :rofl: That's a good one.

LtFinFan66
11-19-2006, 09:15 PM

What an over-rated performance.I don't care how many yards they were for or anything....to have 22 straight thown well enough to be caught and to be caught on top of that is impressive. Give him props for that. You won the game.

Iehoshua
11-19-2006, 09:18 PM
I don't care how many yards they were for or anything....to have 22 straight thown well enough to be caught and to be caught on top of that is impressive. Give him props for that. You won the game.
If the goal of the game is to just complete passes, the QB could sit in shotgun and underhand it to the running back every play, for dozens upon dozens of completions. He'd be dropped in the backfield for a loss every time, but it would be sooo impressive.

:rolleyes:

LtFinFan66
11-19-2006, 09:21 PM
give the guy props. 22 is 22. christ you won the game no need to take away from that feat.

Just like we rushed for -3 yards today but won the game. Are the Vikes happy with their rush D?? Probably!! Are the Fins happy with their running game today? NO!! Are they happy with the win?? YEP!!

Cntrygal
11-19-2006, 09:23 PM
I don't care how many yards they were for or anything....to have 22 straight thown well enough to be caught and to be caught on top of that is impressive. Give him props for that. You won the game.

I was hoping that the 22nd pass would have been completed to one of our Defensive guys. :D

Ebenezer
11-20-2006, 12:47 AM
It bothers me...it tells me this team was not good enough to stop 22 pass plays in a row. This is the NFL. Negative yardage or not that is disturbing. What would either one of the Mannings have done to that team today?

LtFinFan66
11-20-2006, 12:49 AM
Had JP completed those same 22 in a row he would be named the second coming of Jim Kelly

Mudflap1
11-20-2006, 12:53 AM
The Texans offense played a heck of a first half... but the Bills D made adjustments and played a real nice second half...

Jon

Ebenezer
11-20-2006, 01:04 AM
Had JP completed those same 22 in a row he would be named the second coming of Jim Kelly
If any Buffalo QB completed 22 in a row most of the fans in this town would want him in the HOF.

Forward_Lateral
11-20-2006, 07:12 AM
It bothers me...it tells me this team was not good enough to stop 22 pass plays in a row. This is the NFL. Negative yardage or not that is disturbing. What would either one of the Mannings have done to that team today?

What? You saw what Peyton didn't do against them last week. Is your memory that short?

gr8slayer
11-20-2006, 07:26 AM
I was there, it really was nothing that impressive. I think he had a total of fifty yards on the twenty two completions. At least fifteen of them were dump offs to his RB.

Ebenezer
11-20-2006, 02:22 PM
What? You saw what Peyton didn't do against them last week. Is your memory that short?
Indi was toying with them. They could have gone no huddle at any time and destroyed us.

DynaPaul
11-20-2006, 04:16 PM
I'm surprised Kelly Holcomb doesn't have the record being that he's "Mr. Checkdown".

justasportsfan
11-20-2006, 04:27 PM
If any Buffalo QB completed 22 in a row most of the fans in this town would want him in the HOF.
Is that what you think of bills fans?

GFLuNEEDit
11-20-2006, 04:36 PM
As I said that moron Carr took chasing that record far enough to lose the game because of it.

He had 3 drives that were killed by making passes that gained no yards.

The Houston coach is even more of an idiot for letting him pi** away a game just to chase a record.

Worse part is on the pass that should have beat the record, he made an absolutely pathetic throw to any open receiver.

Michael82
11-20-2006, 06:18 PM
They should automatically eliminate any passes that go for less than 1 yard.