PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't time on 2pt play count?

G. Host
11-19-2006, 08:08 PM
A rule question: Doesn't time on 2pt play count just like time on any other play? I am thinking the Bills should have either:
Got a deliberate penality on extra point so time would be taken off the clock
Stuck Peerless or Parish in, hiked ball to WR and just had WR run towards opposite goal post making sure he did not lose ball or cross goal line.I was very worried a Statue of Liberty play or a run back would occur. I had visions of Titans and Jets during that kickoff!

chernobylwraiths
11-19-2006, 08:12 PM
A rule question: Doesn't time on 2pt play count just like time on any other play? I am thinking the Bills should have either:
Got a deliberate penality on extra point so time would be taken off the clock
Stuck Peerless or Parish in, hiked ball to WR and just had WR run towards opposite goal post making sure he did not lose ball or cross goal line.I was very worried a Statue of Liberty play or a run back would occur. I had visions of Titans and Jets during that kickoff!

No. As a matter of fact, the defense can't get two points for returning an INT or fumble to the end zone as they can in college. I don't think a fumble or int even shows up on the stats. No time rolls off the clock from the time a TD is scored until the opposing team touches the ball on the ensuing kickoff.