• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

What we might be thinking in the draft

It changes every week but Im thinking the Bills will pay and keep Nate around after these past few games. Im taking DB off the top of the draft needs list. Heres what I think we need the most:

Big time pass rush DE- Kelsay and Denney dont get it done enough of the time. Freeney will go nowhere, but if hes out there, hes the guy to get. The best guys usually come very early in the draft.

Young playmaking WR- Peerless has been too quiet up until this game, if he continues to step up, maybe this need drops of the list. I like Kelley Washington but hes more of a 3rd WR than a #2. This is a spot where you can get late rounders who can play but sometimes great prospects drop to mid 1.

OL- not sure who or where to be honest. LT has dropped off the radar screen with Peters playing so well. I dont think we would take any RT in the 1st round, I think RG stands out as a need. RT? Pennington did well against Williams today, maybe we give him more of a shot. LG? Gandy may be gone as he is a UFA after this year. I think we will be looking at guards mostly. Eric Steinbach would be a great pickup. If its guards I think we look anywhere from round 2 on.

DT- need another wave player with Kyle, maybe McCargo steps up, but I think we need to make an upgrade here. Id like Corey Simon to be honest. Im not sure we will spend another 1st on a DT, I think this gets addressed in FA or later in the draft.

ILB- I really want to resign Fletch, the guy can play but we may need to bring in some youth, maybe in a later round. If Fletch leaves, this could be a spot we take early.

TE- ours suck, period. Id prefer Daniel Graham since the draft class is weak. Hopefully we handle this in FA.

Now, heres my honest look at where we are likely to pick and what we should target first:

Round 1) DE, WR- I really think adding a player like Gaines Adams or Quentin Moses makes this D nasty. Also adding a playmaker like Dwayne Jarrett or Ted Ginn Jr makes us alot better, Ginn can also become the new punt returner.

Round 2) G, DT, ILB- Id love to land Buster Davis here I think he may go in the 1st, but his size may hurt him in the end and hed be a great starting ILB as a Fletch clone

G- not sure whos any good to be honest.

Its very early but Id love to see a draft where we get the best damn playmaker possible early to build on our O or pass rushing D. But we should be firm in improving both lines throughout the draft.

• Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Re: What we might be thinking in the draft

With the concerns we have at LB going forward I would love to see Paul Poszlusny (spelling?) He looks like an Urlacher type that would be perfect in this D. Not to mention he is a character guy and is also a great student. (A Levy Guy) Assuming guard and DL is taken care of in FA, then we can look at a WR in Rd 2. There is a good crop of them coming out. then maybe a TE who can catch in Rd 3. I heard from Redskins fans that Royal had a case of the dropsies in Washington, I guess he still has it.

Comment

• eyedog
      • Jul 2002

rd.1 - offensive tackle: J. Long or S. Baker either one.
      rd. 2 - guard or center
      rd. 3 - guard, center, d-line
      rd. 4 - d-line, linebacker, t-end
      rd. 5 - I believe we traded this pick for Hargrove
      rd. 6 - linebacker, rb
      rd. 7 - d-back.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Jan 2004

OL ALL THE WAY