You'd assume Jim Kelly would only go to Bills games for the most part but guess what

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

You'd assume Jim Kelly would only go to Bills games for the most part but guess what

Not only was Kelly at a game other than the Bills game today he was at the Jets vs. Beras game!!!! Can any1 make sense of this... i was at the game today and my dad's friend who was sitting right in front of JIM KELLY was trying to call my dad who was with me to get me over to see him and for some reason my dad didnt realize his cell was ringing so i didnt get to meet Kelly i was pissed but anyway...y the hell was he at a Jets game? I dont understand it...myabe for enjoyment but still when you played for the Bills one of the Jets rivals and go to their game i just dont understand y he wud do that.
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: You'd assume Jim Kelly would only go to Bills games for the most part but guess what

Im sure Jimbo is a fan of Football in general.

He was at the opener last year
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

Re: You'd assume Jim Kelly would only go to Bills games for the most part but guess w

Maybe he happened to be in NY so he took in the game. I don't see the big deal.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
        !?!?!?!?!?
        • Mar 2006

Re: You'd assume Jim Kelly would only go to Bills games for the most part but guess w

Originally posted by Devin
        Im sure Jimbo is a fan of Football in general.

He was at the opener last year
        i understand both of your points i guess but i have a point too yurs make more sense but well w.e

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
          Senior Zoner
          • Oct 2006

Re: You'd assume Jim Kelly would only go to Bills games for the most part but guess what

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
          Not only was Kelly at a game other than the Bills game today he was at the Jets vs. Beras game!!!! Can any1 make sense of this... i was at the game today and my dad's friend who was sitting right in front of JIM KELLY was trying to call my dad who was with me to get me over to see him and for some reason my dad didnt realize his cell was ringing so i didnt get to meet Kelly i was pissed but anyway...y the hell was he at a Jets game? I dont understand it...myabe for enjoyment but still when you played for the Bills one of the Jets rivals and go to their game i just dont understand y he wud do that.
          Recall that Kelly was never keen on coming to Buffalo in the first place.
          In fact he stated that out of all cities to play in Buffalo would be his last choice.

He made dozens of derogatory statements about Buffalo before the USFL disbanded.

It's 'true fans' have a need to be enamoured with players.
          I call it a true inferiority complex.

Players are interested in the money and don't care about a fans need to validate his city through of all things football players.

Buffalo has a place in history through accomplishments far more important than football.
          My way of thinking would never even contemplate needing someone as intellectually unimpressive as Jim Kelly carrying a torch for Buffalo.

Hell even Chicken Wings have a place in Buffalo's history that dwarfs Jim Kelly.

Comment

• im4bflo
            the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
            • Sep 2003

I'm sure he was there on business, if it was him?
            Probably had something to do with Hunters Hope.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Jim Kelly goes to all of the Bills home games. He brings his big motorhome and parks it next to the stadium. You can always see him and some of his family as you leave the stadium, unless he is hiding inside the trailer.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Thurman was representing at the Bills game yesterday!!!

Lay off Jimbo he goes to more Bills games than any ex player. I loved the Miami game a couple years back where he was running around the sidelines and end zone pumping up the crowd.

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

Originally posted by GFLuNEEDit
                  Recall that Kelly was never keen on coming to Buffalo in the first place.
                  In fact he stated that out of all cities to play in Buffalo would be his last choice.

He made dozens of derogatory statements about Buffalo before the USFL disbanded.

It's 'true fans' have a need to be enamoured with players.
                  I call it a true inferiority complex.

Players are interested in the money and don't care about a fans need to validate his city through of all things football players.

Buffalo has a place in history through accomplishments far more important than football.
                  My way of thinking would never even contemplate needing someone as intellectually unimpressive as Jim Kelly carrying a torch for Buffalo.

Hell even Chicken Wings have a place in Buffalo's history that dwarfs Jim Kelly.
                  Most of you are too young to remember it, but this is all true.

In fact, if I recall correctly, as the USFL was folding, he begged Mr. Wilson to trade his rights to the LA Raiders.

As far as a Jets game goes...it is still a free country.

Comment

• kinigirly
                    • Sep 2005

are you serious. i believe i'm a bills fan, and i watch other teams too. call me crazy, but somehow i don't think he's gonna be ostracized from buffalo for going to a football game. he's a hall of famer he can do whatever he wants

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kinigirly
                      are you serious. i believe i'm a bills fan, and i watch other teams too. call me crazy, but somehow i don't think he's gonna be ostracized from buffalo for going to a football game. he's a hall of famer he can do whatever he wants

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
                        Senior Zoner
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Billsology
                        Most of you are too young to remember it, but this is all true.

In fact, if I recall correctly, as the USFL was folding, he begged Mr. Wilson to trade his rights to the LA Raiders.

As far as a Jets game goes...it is still a free country.
                        And yet they stick their noses up Kelly's ass.

It's pathetic.

Don't people have self worth enough to say....who the f*** are you ?

It's really sad that people have to cling to football players for identity.

And when I listen to Kelly all I here is a mental midget.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

And yet they stick their noses up Kelly's ass.

It's pathetic.

Don't people have self worth enough to say....who the f*** are you ?

It's really sad that people have to cling to football players for identity.

And when I listen to Kelly all I here is a mental midget.
                          Should we like any of our past players? I don't lick his balls but I will say he is one of my favorite players and am happy to see him at a game.

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
                            Senior Zoner
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                            Should we like any of our past players? I don't lick his balls but I will say he is one of my favorite players and am happy to see him at a game.
                            He was your favorite player and the last team he wanted to play for was the Bills.
                            He is arrogant enough to think that Buffalo is beneath him.
                            Yet you are a big fan.

Kelly ...Buffalo sucks I don't want to play in that armpit of a city

Fan... OH i'm so happy to see you Jimbo I feel honored that you are at the game can i get your autograph

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

He was your favorite player and the last team he wanted to play for was the Bills.
                              He is arrogant enough to think that Buffalo is beneath him.
                              Yet you are a big fan.

Kelly ...Buffalo sucks I don't want to play in that armpit of a city

Fan... OH i'm so happy to see you Jimbo I feel honored that you are at the game can i get your autograph
                              You are talking about comments he made before he came here. He obviously changed his views once he got here. Get over it.

Comment

Working...
                              X