X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelous
    • Feb 2004

Why isn't it common sense

For a GM/staff to get a above average dumpoff guy? A QB who struggles in the pocket like Bledsoe did and JP does. ((And i'm not saying it's not teh O-lines fault))
    -Larry Centers believe it or not bailed Rob Johnson out bigtime.. JP would get have a safety valve when the coverage is elite & the pressure is overwhelming our O-line.. McGahee wasn't & wont ever be a good dumpoff target.. It doesn't have to be a RB. Obviously we all want a elite TE but i've accepted that's more of a wet dream then likely.. A elite, reliable FB with great hands and some wheels after the catch would do wonders for JP's confidenc. Esp in games when we struggle..

-I was thinking of this while reading Scooby's TE thread.. It's been so long since we had a TE.. Metzelaars.. Big riemersma just fell off the map after he got his nice contract.. Mcmichaels is a dirtbag and nothing but trouble but that's the type of TE i'd love to see us get.... Good TE's never seem to hit FA.. IS Daniel Graham good enough to help us with our struggling offense>?? I don't think Jeramy Stevens would....

I found a FB list and it seems to be a little outdated.. Butit's good news to speculate we could score one..
    -Schlesinger-old and a bruiser. good hands!
    -Sowell- also old. good hands! We would know! grr!
    -Ayanbedejo- old, man there all aged.. Obafemi is a beast though!
    -Jets- Askew. Young and a speedster. dunno much besides that
    -ATL Griffith. I assume ATL resigned him. He's awesome. That would be a dream.
    -Heath Evans One would assume NE would lock him down. But they have so many players that are hard nosed like him.. He can run,catch & block. I think we need the target, not teh blocker type. This is imo that RB uses singleback runs.
    -Another Pat. Patrick Pass. he too most likely wont be available.
    -Denver- Kyle Johnson young kid with upside.

SORRY in advance if a bunch of these kids are no longer set to be FA's...

--You guys agree that a dumpoff FB would help JP & this team alot?
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Why isn't it common sense

um...JP dumped the ball off to Thomas four straight times on that last drive, no?

Buffalo Bills at 01:44
    1-10-BUF45 (1:44) (Shotgun) J.Losman pass to A.Thomas to HST 47 for 8 yards (D.McCleon).
    2-2-HOU47 (1:18) (Shotgun) J.Losman pass short right to A.Thomas to HST 45 for 2 yards (D.McCleon, D.Wynn).
    1-10-HOU45 (1:44) (Shotgun) J.Losman pass short right to A.Thomas to HST 36 for 9 yards (D.McCleon).
    2-1-HOU36 (:42) (Shotgun) J.Losman pass to A.Thomas to HST 34 for 2 yards (D.Wynn).
    1-10-HOU34 (:30) (Shotgun) J.Losman pass to L.Evans to HST 15 for 19 yards (D.McCleon).
    1-10-HOU15 (:15) J.Losman spiked the ball to stop the clock.
    2-10-HOU15 (:13) (Shotgun) J.Losman pass to P.Price for 15 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Play Challenged by Review Assistant and Upheld.
    R.Lindell extra point is GOOD, Center-M.Schneck, Holder-B.Moorman.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• clumping platelets

FB Brian Leonard from Rutgers

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by clumping platelets
        FB Brian Leonard from Rutgers
        My roommate played against that kid in high school. He would be a great improvement to this team and would love to see him in a bills jersey!

Comment

• Tinboy
          • Aug 2004

Thomas did a good job yesterday I think!

Comment

Working...
          X