PDA

View Full Version : The thing that impressed me most about Losman's big game yesterday...

Ickybaluky
11-20-2006, 07:36 AM
... was his taking the team down the field at the end of the game and leading them to the winning TD.

I don't care about pretty numbers, or even the Interception returned for a TD. When you get the ball down 4 with less than 2 minutes left and lead your team down for the winning TD, that is noteworthy. That goes a long way towards having his teammates believe in him and building confidence in his ability. It is a big team-building drive.

Now what he has to do is prove it wasn't a once-in-a-while deal. However, despite my having been critical of the kid, what he did was very impressive and he deserves the props.

One thing that struck me about that drive: Perhaps Buffalo should consider using him out of the shotgun more often, because he looked really comfortable back there.

casdhf
11-20-2006, 07:39 AM
Once McGahee is back, I think we'll see the old 12 pass attempt Losman that we know. I hope not.

mybills
11-20-2006, 07:40 AM
I agree about him being comfortable in the shot gun, but he also throws better on the run. They've been trying to train him to be a pocket passer, and he's too mobile to be just that. He looked great yesterday, I knew he had it in him! :up:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-20-2006, 07:42 AM
for once it was an exciting game to watch, not the boring drivel we have been subjected to most of the season

mybills
11-20-2006, 07:45 AM
I think the last 3 games have been getting better to watch. :up:

Night Train
11-20-2006, 08:10 AM
Once McGahee is back, I think we'll see the old 12 pass attempt Losman that we know. I hope not.

After reading the papers today, I believe that thought pattern is in the rear view mirror.

While they kept the Colts game close, It's obvious a team meeting took place or Ralph finally sent down an order to let Losman throw or else. The D isn't good enough for us to feature our Punter on offense every week.

eyedog
11-20-2006, 08:10 AM
Well most here have been *****ing all year to put him in the shotgun and roll him out more. They finally did that Sunday and with a little blocking up front you seen the results. I liked the way they spread the field with 3 and 4 wides with him in the gun. That is what he was at Tulane and he looked good.

alohabillsfan
11-20-2006, 08:36 AM
All his (JP) success was directly attributed to the O-lines protection!! Mario Williams non factor (props to Pennington) and Preston (good bye Villirrial) also did well along with the rest of the line! I hope JP takes them all out to dinner!

Next week against the Jags will be a better testament on the evaluation of our revamed (again) O-line!

P.S. I have to admit that when JP lead them to the 15 yd line with a chance or 2 to fire it in the endzone I was happy with that, the touchdown was awesome!

justasportsfan
11-20-2006, 09:20 AM
... was his taking the team down the field at the end of the game and leading them to the winning TD.

I don't care about pretty numbers, or even the Interception returned for a TD. When you get the ball down 4 with less than 2 minutes left and lead your team down for the winning TD, that is noteworthy. That goes a long way towards having his teammates believe in him and building confidence in his ability. It is a big team-building drive.

Now what he has to do is prove it wasn't a once-in-a-while deal. However, despite my having been critical of the kid, what he did was very impressive and he deserves the props.

One thing that struck me about that drive: Perhaps Buffalo should consider using him out of the shotgun more often, because he looked really comfortable back there.
well said, as for the INT returned for a TD, guess what set that up? The inability to run the ball out of danger. That's JP's fault too as far as the haters go.

ICE74129
11-20-2006, 09:41 AM
Marv said on his show this week, We can't just sit there and try to run and depend on the defense and Field goals.

Mudflap1
11-20-2006, 10:03 AM
The INT for touchdown was his one really bad move of the day. However, he really showed something by making the mistake, then bringing his team back and winning the game at the end with a great drive and great TD pass. Well done.

Jon

HHURRICANE
11-20-2006, 10:18 AM
After reading the papers today, I believe that thought pattern is in the rear view mirror.

While they kept the Colts game close, It's obvious a team meeting took place or Ralph finally sent down an order to let Losman throw or else. The D isn't good enough for us to feature our Punter on offense every week.

"Before the game started," Losman recalled, "Steve said, "We're going to be aggressive throwing the ball. J.P., don't hold anything back. I don't care. I'm calling it. You wing it, and let's roll.' "

"The offensive line did a great job protecting," Losman said. "There was nobody around me all day. I was getting the ball out quick. I was making the right reads. Everyone was catching the ball. There was some run after the catch. It's just an awesome team victory."

Maybe the JPHATERS can finally start understanding that the team has been keeping JP conservative and that if he has blocking he can throw the ball.

Geez.

TigerJ
11-20-2006, 10:21 AM

I don't think McGahee has a lot to do with it. Jauron likes Thomas, and I don't think he changes his game plan much with McGahee out. I think it has more to do with who the opponent is and what he thisnks he can expect from his offensive line than McGahee, or Losman for that matter.

justasportsfan
11-20-2006, 10:22 AM
"Before the game started," Losman recalled, "Steve said, "We're going to be aggressive throwing the ball. J.P., don't hold anything back. I don't care. I'm calling it. You wing it, and let's roll.' "

"The offensive line did a great job protecting," Losman said. "There was nobody around me all day. I was getting the ball out quick. I was making the right reads. Everyone was catching the ball. There was some run after the catch. It's just an awesome team victory."

Maybe the JPHATERS can finally start understanding that the team has been keeping JP conservative and that if he has blocking he can throw the ball.

Geez.Not only that, he gave props to his teamates and not attempt to take all the credit. What do we know though? he's a lousy leader , right Moran?

Jayhawk
11-20-2006, 10:23 AM
I was very impressed with his poise and stuff. I'm just wondering how much of it was the Texan's defense.

eyedog
11-20-2006, 10:26 AM
There is no doubt the coaching staff has been keeping JP conserative and underwraps most of the season. After yesterdays game I think they will now start loosening up on him as the season progresses, but I also don't think you will see the all-out, wide open game plan you saw yesterday either every week. It was a good performance and they keep adding a little more to his game.

justasportsfan
11-20-2006, 10:33 AM
I was very impressed with his poise and stuff. I'm just wondering how much of it was the Texan's defense. It wasnt perfect. He had a couple of throws that was almost intercepted. Considering the lack of weapons and running game though, he did great. Against the better teams like the bears I doubt he could've been as successful. I'll take the win no matter what. Even if we lost I would've been satisfied with the way we played. All I'm looking for is improvement in the QB position which JP definitely did.

justasportsfan
11-20-2006, 10:35 AM
There is no doubt the coaching staff has been keeping JP conserative and underwraps most of the season. After yesterdays game I think they will now start loosening up on him as the season progresses, but I also don't think you will see the all-out, wide open game plan you saw yesterday either every week. It was a good performance and they keep adding a little more to his game.
I hope so. I'm not ready to call JP the future of the bills just yet, but at least he moved the right direction. :up:

Romes
11-20-2006, 10:48 AM
I hope so. I'm not ready to call JP the future of the bills just yet, but at least he moved the right direction. :up:

word.

Saying JP is the future now is the equivalent of the haters saying that he needed to go at any point this season.

JP still needs to show he can deal with all the ups and downs of a season. Yesterday, he showed he can handle the downs alright.