PDA

View Full Version : First time all season Oline played together...

bigbub2352
11-20-2006, 08:56 AM
I have been one of the most critical posters on here about certain aspects of the 06 Bills, but i will give credit were credit is do, T.Pennington and D Preston easily had there best games as Bills yesterday, J Peters looked like a probowler and did anyone see that back block he put on the Texans defender when JP ran for that first down in the 4th quarter, Gandy was playing well too, Fowler player alot better in the pass protection scheme as well

Now dont forget Texans were without 2 starters at DT, which could have helped, but i think what really helped was the fact the unathletic and injury prone guard Chris Villereal was not on the right side, Duke played well and hard and was constantly giving help to Pennington on the pass coverage off the right side

It was nice to finally see some blocking, a QB can work wonders with time, hopefully this is a step in the right direction, the youth on this line makes it exciting to see them do well and gives us all hope fore the future!

Night Train
11-20-2006, 09:00 AM
They had very few breakdowns and gave Losman plenty of time to throw.

The Jags DL will be a much tougher test.

bigbub2352
11-20-2006, 11:49 AM
i agree

ublinkwescore
11-20-2006, 12:01 PM
kinda points to what I've been saying all along - our O line is the biggest problem - not whoever's under center.

justasportsfan
11-20-2006, 12:50 PM
I'll take the win knowing that the Jags will be tough to beat. Hopefully the OL will hold up. Hopefully JP doesn't get too confident after this game and starts making stupid decisions.

The texans came in thnking we were gonna run the whole time. The jags are now going to gameplan against the passing game.

mybills
11-20-2006, 12:55 PM
I must be the only one still critical of the OL. ATrain had no holes in the first half, and I don't think JP had "all day"...a little more time than he did in past games, but not "all day". I also saw him hurried quite a few times. I'm the last person to even want to sound negative, but I can't let them off the hook that easy.

mybills
11-20-2006, 12:57 PM
I'm more worried about San Diego, than Jacksonville.

bigbub2352
11-20-2006, 01:21 PM
Not letting them off the hook just merely sayin that this is the first time all year they looked like a unit and not like a bunch of individuals tryin to do there assignments, the only way we stop strugglin is by upgrading some positions on the oline, we will see in offseason

Night Train
11-20-2006, 01:29 PM
I'm more worried about San Diego, than Jacksonville.

Overall, I agree but the big test for the interior of our OL arrives this coming week. Two mammoth All-Pro's in Henderson and Stroud.

ublinkwescore
11-20-2006, 01:40 PM
I must be the only one still critical of the OL. ATrain had no holes in the first half, and I don't think JP had "all day"...a little more time than he did in past games, but not "all day". I also saw him hurried quite a few times. I'm the last person to even want to sound negative, but I can't let them off the hook that easy.

Make no mistake about it, we are gonna need new personell in here on OL - even if these guys turn it completely around (which, let's face it, I seriously don't see that happening) - we're gonna need the competition breathing down their neck to keep that fire lit under their @$$es, we'll still need depth, but above all else, we'll need some probowl quality for the line that can handle both phases of offense - running and pass protection - I was really hoping AZ wouldn't have matched that offer that Marv made for that OLman (I can't remember his name) - this season may have been more bareable (sp???).

bflojohn
11-20-2006, 02:50 PM
I have to say that for his third start in the NFL, Terrence Pennington was playing some football!! He was pitted against the top pick in the April draft, and acquitted himself quite nicely. If you've Tivoed the game, go back and watch the second TD pass to Evans.... The pocket on that play was as clean a pocket as Losman has had, EVER. He stepped into that throw with authority, and suddenly you could see why he was a first round pick, simply awesome!!

kernowboy
11-20-2006, 03:14 PM
lets not get ahead of ourselves. Constantly overlooking the draft for OL men has been the downfall of the team over the last 10 years. Irrespective of how well the OL and team play, we still want to get one of the top OL men in the draft. There are so many of them, we could benefit from one falling, but we must not think we have the solution now.

Michael82
11-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Chris Villarrial won't be missed! :bf1:

Night Train
11-20-2006, 05:42 PM
lets not get ahead of ourselves. Constantly overlooking the draft for OL men has been the downfall of the team over the last 10 years. Irrespective of how well the OL and team play, we still want to get one of the top OL men in the draft. There are so many of them, we could benefit from one falling, but we must not think we have the solution now.

Well said.

Gandy is a UFA and nothing more than a backup. Can Preston keep starting ? Seems we need some massive Guards, where most of the pressure seems to be coming. They will continue to grade out Peters and Pennington at OT. Both are athletic, massive and young. The experience they gain to finish out this season is invaluable. If they progress ,then find the Guards to compliment them.