• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Schonert talked about the winning TD

Note that:

"Not many quarterbacks can make that throw in this league," quarterbacks coach Turk Schonert said. "He had to gun it, there was a real small window, and Peerless made a great catch and got his feet down. That was a big-time play."

I did notice on the replay that Losman looked off defenders first before throwing to Price. The next thing I saw was a hard delivery from Losman and Price coming down with the ball. I bet if we can see from the overhead (coach's camera shots) view, the two defenders from each side were really closing in fast and if the ball was delivered with less velocity or off to the left/right a little, it would be defended.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Schonert talked about the winning TD

This was a pass that Drew made all the time during his prime. I was looking for that from JP. Most of the time JP is scared to thread balls between defenders. Give him a TE in the endzone and you'll see more of that.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

it was a terrific throw between three defenders to the only spot where it wouldnt be tipped away

even the texans called it perfect
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• BillsNick
        • Jul 2003

It was JP's best throw so far

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

"J.P. was calm and cool in the huddle," said center Melvin Fowler. "It's extremely satisfying to win a game like that."

Nuff said

Comment

• BillsNick
            • Jul 2003

What JP did yesterday, was incredible. He did everything a good QB has to do. He put points on the board early, managed the game pretty well, overcame adversity, and guided his team to a last second victory.

You can't ask much more than that.

Nice job JP. Nice friggin job!

Comment

• madness
              • Apr 2003

I love Price's description of what transpired in the huddle before that play. JP definitely has that fire in him a la Jim Kelly.

I need to add that to my weekly quotes in my sig.

"It was an all go route where we had four verticals going up the seam," said Price. "And J.P. in the huddle before the play said, 'I'm not throwing the freaking check down this time. I've got to take a shot in the end zone so guys get open.' I was running the route and the guy covering the slot backed up and sat down and I wrapped around behind him and J.P. threw a great ball and I did a good job of getting my feet down."

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
                http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...tbd1020782.asp

I did notice on the replay that Losman looked off defenders first before throwing to Price.
                This was a veteran move and one that comes with playing time.

Does anybody still not see the screwing JP and the team got by MM last year?

Since the bye the kid has had 4TD's 1INT and no fumbles. I really don't know what people expected with someone that has played a little over one season in games. Yesterday shows what pass protection and a good gameplan will get you with JP.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                  • Feb 2005

"It was an all go route where we had four verticals going up the seam," said Price. "And J.P. in the huddle before the play said, 'I'm not throwing the freaking check down this time. I've got to take a shot in the end zone so guys get open.' I was running the route and the guy covering the slot backed up and sat down and I wrapped around behind him and J.P. threw a great ball and I did a good job of getting my feet down."
                  Somebody go ahead and say JP shows no leadership!!

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

I said, "Look at Roscoe.' He dropped back and fired it to Roscoe, but Lee slid inside and actually intercepted the ball. Roscoe was wide open, too."

Lee's a ball hog.
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

haters
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

That was a big-time play
                        Losman looked off defenders first before throwing to Price.
                        it was a terrific throw between three defenders to the only spot where it wouldnt be tipped away
                        "J.P. was calm and cool in the huddle," said center Melvin Fowler.
                        He put points on the board early, managed the game pretty well, overcame adversity, and guided his team to a last second victory.
                        "And J.P. in the huddle before the play said, 'I'm not throwing the freaking check down this time. I've got to take a shot in the end zone so guys get open."
                        There is so much positive that could come out of that last drive, you can't even begin to explain it.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                          There is so much positive that could come out of that last drive, you can't even begin to explain it.

sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                          X