PDA

View Full Version : Schonert talked about the winning TD

ghz in pittsburgh
11-20-2006, 09:01 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20061120/1020782.asp?tbd1020782.asp

Note that:

"Not many quarterbacks can make that throw in this league," quarterbacks coach Turk Schonert said. "He had to gun it, there was a real small window, and Peerless made a great catch and got his feet down. That was a big-time play."

I did notice on the replay that Losman looked off defenders first before throwing to Price. The next thing I saw was a hard delivery from Losman and Price coming down with the ball. I bet if we can see from the overhead (coach's camera shots) view, the two defenders from each side were really closing in fast and if the ball was delivered with less velocity or off to the left/right a little, it would be defended.

justasportsfan
11-20-2006, 09:05 AM
This was a pass that Drew made all the time during his prime. I was looking for that from JP. Most of the time JP is scared to thread balls between defenders. Give him a TE in the endzone and you'll see more of that.

Meathead
11-20-2006, 09:22 AM
it was a terrific throw between three defenders to the only spot where it wouldnt be tipped away

even the texans called it perfect

BillsNick
11-20-2006, 09:28 AM
It was JP's best throw so far

ICE74129
11-20-2006, 09:29 AM
"J.P. was calm and cool in the huddle," said center Melvin Fowler. "It's extremely satisfying to win a game like that."

Nuff said

BillsNick
11-20-2006, 10:50 AM
What JP did yesterday, was incredible. He did everything a good QB has to do. He put points on the board early, managed the game pretty well, overcame adversity, and guided his team to a last second victory.

You can't ask much more than that.

:bf1: Nice job JP. Nice friggin job!

madness
11-20-2006, 10:54 AM
:rofl: I love Price's description of what transpired in the huddle before that play. JP definitely has that fire in him a la Jim Kelly.

I need to add that to my weekly quotes in my sig.

"It was an all go route where we had four verticals going up the seam," said Price. "And J.P. in the huddle before the play said, 'I'm not throwing the freaking check down this time. I've got to take a shot in the end zone so guys get open.' I was running the route and the guy covering the slot backed up and sat down and I wrapped around behind him and J.P. threw a great ball and I did a good job of getting my feet down."

HHURRICANE
11-20-2006, 11:00 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20061120/1020782.asp?tbd1020782.asp

I did notice on the replay that Losman looked off defenders first before throwing to Price.

This was a veteran move and one that comes with playing time.

Does anybody still not see the screwing JP and the team got by MM last year?

Since the bye the kid has had 4TD's 1INT and no fumbles. I really don't know what people expected with someone that has played a little over one season in games. Yesterday shows what pass protection and a good gameplan will get you with JP.

Yasgur's Farm
11-20-2006, 11:31 AM
"It was an all go route where we had four verticals going up the seam," said Price. "And J.P. in the huddle before the play said, 'I'm not throwing the freaking check down this time. I've got to take a shot in the end zone so guys get open.' I was running the route and the guy covering the slot backed up and sat down and I wrapped around behind him and J.P. threw a great ball and I did a good job of getting my feet down."Somebody go ahead and say JP shows no leadership!!

mybills
11-20-2006, 12:49 PM
I said, "Look at Roscoe.' He dropped back and fired it to Roscoe, but Lee slid inside and actually intercepted the ball. Roscoe was wide open, too."

:rofl: Lee's a ball hog.

Meathead
11-20-2006, 04:59 PM
:lolpoint: :lolpoint: haters

YardRat
11-20-2006, 05:09 PM
That was a big-time play

Losman looked off defenders first before throwing to Price.

it was a terrific throw between three defenders to the only spot where it wouldnt be tipped away

"J.P. was calm and cool in the huddle," said center Melvin Fowler.

He put points on the board early, managed the game pretty well, overcame adversity, and guided his team to a last second victory.

"And J.P. in the huddle before the play said, 'I'm not throwing the freaking check down this time. I've got to take a shot in the end zone so guys get open."

There is so much positive that could come out of that last drive, you can't even begin to explain it.

justasportsfan
11-20-2006, 05:11 PM
There is so much positive that could come out of that last drive, you can't even begin to explain it.

:up: