One of the real reasons the OL played so well yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

One of the real reasons the OL played so well yesterday.

The blocking of A Train. Go back and watch if you can. He was stonewalling blitzers and JP HAD FAITH IN HIM. So he stood tall, looked for other options and delivered the ball.

I will say right now its time to part with Willis. ATrain has flat out ran him, out caught him, and out blocked him. Bottom line A Train has been a better back overall than willis has. IMHO Willis shouldn't be allowed to be the automatic starter when healthy. ATrain has EARNED the right to keep the job until he starts having trouble.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: One of the real reasons the OL played so well yesterday.

If Willis asks for a huge contract, he hasn't deserved it let him go or trade him . If he's reasonable about it, I say keep him. Even he could use a better OL.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
      If Willis asks for a huge contract, he hasn't deserved it let him go or trade him . If he's reasonable about it, I say keep him. Even he could use a better OL.
      I say no. He shows no real effort unless it is pure benifit to him. We all know the attitude he carry's around. A Train just goes out and performs.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
        I say no. He shows no real effort unless it is pure benifit to him. We all know the attitude he carry's around. A Train just goes out and performs.
        I'm not gnna play double standards here. JP has had his faults and so has Willis. However, they have both had problems caused by the OL. I'm not happy with yesterdays run game but that wasn't the A-Trains fault. Willis has never had a decent OL since he's been here. He should be handed the same excuses people give JP. Willis and A-Train will suffice if Willis doesn't ask for a huge salary and the $ can be spent upgrading the OL or resigning Clements if he wants to stay.
        sacrifice1

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

If Willis doesn't hold out why get rid of him. He is under contract.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

I'm not gnna play double standards here. JP has had his faults and so has Willis. However, they have both had problems caused by the OL. I'm not happy with yesterdays run game but that wasn't the A-Trains fault. Willis has never had a decent OL since he's been here. He should be handed the same excuses people give JP. Willis and A-Train will suffice if Willis doesn't ask for a huge salary and the $ can be spent upgrading the OL or resigning Clements if he wants to stay.
            It isn't a double standard, its ATTITUDE. JP works his ass off, lives in Buffalo etc. Willis is a thug that only does what he needs to in order to get paid.

I don't want his attitude on the team anymore, esp when we have another guy that is easilly doing as well or even better than willis for MUCH less money.

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

It isn't a double standard, its ATTITUDE. JP works his ass off, lives in Buffalo etc. Willis is a thug that only does what he needs to in order to get paid.

I don't want his attitude on the team anymore, esp when we have another guy that is easilly doing as well or even better than willis for MUCH less money.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Tom Donohe should be shot. If we had passed on Willis and drafted some D talent. I believe that Ware or Spears was used with our pick. Travis Henry is still running hard in TN.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

and Willis doesn't work his ass off? He returned to camp more fit than ever. He's still trying to learn the new scheme. Nobody is saying he's the next Barry Sanders, but it'll be hard for any rb to run behind an OL like this. Could we use a better rb? Definitely, but we also need an better OL. The OL has been turned into musical chairs. Like Thurm said, if he doesn't hold out, keep him.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

and Willis doesn't work his ass off? He returned to camp more fit than ever. He's still trying to learn the new scheme. The OL has been turned into musical chairs. Like Thurm said, if he doesn't hold out, keep him.
                    Nobody should be saying Willis doesn't work his ass off. He came bulked up last year b'cse the coaches asked him to. This year, we have a different set of coaches and he lost weight and returned to what is probably a better playing weight for him. He does what the coaches tell him to do - that alone should speak well for him. So he lives in Florida in the offseason - so what?

I'm with Justa here. If he doesn't hold out, we keep him. If we can get him a real O-line, he and JP would shine alot more!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Nobody should be saying Willis doesn't work his ass off. He came bulked up last year b'cse the coaches asked him to. This year, we have a different set of coaches and he lost weight and returned to what is probably a better playing weight for him. He does what the coaches tell him to do - that alone should speak well for him. So he lives in Florida in the offseason - so what?

I'm with Justa here. If he doesn't hold out, we keep him. If we can get him a real O-line, he and JP would shine alot more!!!
                      LIke I said, we certainly could use a better back. But what is he gonna do without an OL? The OL does not only make our rb's better, it's also gonna help our qb.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                        • Jul 2002

The blocking of A Train. Go back and watch if you can. He was stonewalling blitzers and JP HAD FAITH IN HIM. So he stood tall, looked for other options and delivered the ball.

I will say right now its time to part with Willis. ATrain has flat out ran him, out caught him, and out blocked him. Bottom line A Train has been a better back overall than willis has. IMHO Willis shouldn't be allowed to be the automatic starter when healthy. ATrain has EARNED the right to keep the job until he starts having trouble.
                        Good points. We also played the Texans. That played a part too.

Comment

• EDS
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          Tom Donohe should be shot. If we had passed on Willis and drafted some D talent. I believe that Ware or Spears was used with our pick. Travis Henry is still running hard in TN.
                          Why did we get rid of Henry again? Two 1,300+ yard seasons weren't good enough for people?

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

I agree and definitely noticed A-Train's blocking. But Im sure if we had a better O-line and Willis was tearing it up before he got injured we wouldnt be so quick to get rid of him. I want to see Willis next year before I make my opinion. Maybe we can use Willis and Thomas like Dallas uses Jones and Barber.

Comment

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              err ... no, that was the 2005 draft. However we could have got Jason Witten at TE but we should also have got Osi Umeyiora instead of Kelsay

McGahee, can be brilliant but I don't think he wants to be here. I think we must consider his trade value this coming offseason and if we believe that Thomas can continue his form and carry the principal load, look to get some trade/draft value for him

Comment

Working...
                              X