PDA

View Full Version : John Thornton??....

TypicalBill
03-01-2003, 11:18 AM
This guy isn't getting the attention he deserves. The only team that showed interest in him so far is Denver. He's an excellent run stuffing DT who's very consistent. He's the next best DT after Gardener and Sam Adams in my opinion.

"An active and productive player who serves as solid run stopper… an explosive individual who is quick off snap…enjoys physical play in trenches…one of two 1999 draft picks starting on d-line…was praised for his excellent attendance and work ethic in offseason conditioning and workouts…drafted in second round (52nd overall) of 1999 draft. " - TheInsiders

"2. John Thornton: Thornton is a defensive tackle who's on the rise, and is hitting the market during the perfect time in his career."

the 2 above is where TheInsiders ranked him among all the FA DT. Only Gardener was placed ahead of him. They placed him ahead of Brandon Noble, Sam Adams and Chester McGlockton.

"John Thornton, Tennessee, UFA, 6’2”, 292: A young player entering his prime and will be 27 this upcoming season. Has been a solid starter for the Titans. A solid run stuffer and power type player. Would really bolster the Bills rushing defense and would start." - BZ offseason outlook DT

Thoughts???

i know id be thrilled if we can get him. He'd be cheaper than Adams and Gardener but would really be a quality pickup playing next to Pat W.

ArcticWildMan
03-01-2003, 11:29 AM
New England is apparently interested in him. One other team as well, I think.

He sounds like a solid player.

Knowing TD, if he's on our radar, we won't know until he's signed.

Bert102176
03-01-2003, 02:28 PM
now that Noble is gone Thornton is the DT I would like them to sign he would compliment Williams greatly IMO.

WG
03-01-2003, 02:54 PM
Thornton's not a great pass rusher or a great run stuffer, but he's a hybrid of both and decent, albeit not great, at each. IMO that's what we need, either that or a pure run stuffer like Noble. But he's gone.

I'd grab Thornton in a heartbeat. He's also a Tennessee guy so GW should be on him. Of course b/c he's good he won't. :rolleyes: LOL

Tatonka
03-01-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Of course b/c he's good he won't. :rolleyes: LOL

:lol:

lighten up!

Brian H
03-01-2003, 03:15 PM
He's a good hockey player......

Brian H
03-01-2003, 03:15 PM
:lol!:

Tatonka
03-01-2003, 03:19 PM
thats JOE thorton..

RedEyE
03-01-2003, 03:54 PM
If we have to sign a DT then this is the guy I would most like to see in a Bills uniform.

WG
03-01-2003, 04:13 PM
Agreed RE! He'd be a great compliment to PW and I really think that over the next season or two he's gonna become one of the better DTs in the league. JMO however.

JefftheBillsfan
03-01-2003, 05:13 PM
He would fit greatly into Buffalo. Another 46 defense scholar..