PDA

View Full Version : Lee Evans

3rdn1
11-20-2006, 05:31 PM
I do reaize that this was just one game. but looking ahead 10-15 yrs. were will he fit in? At the top with jerry rice

YardRat
11-20-2006, 05:33 PM
I don't think so.

Crisis
11-20-2006, 05:34 PM
I think when he gets consistent QB play he'll be up there with Steve Smith, and hopefully surpass him in terms of production and ability.

However, I don't see anyone ever touching Rice.

Mitchy moo
11-20-2006, 05:34 PM
If JP and him keep this type of pace up, he'll be a great one.

justasportsfan
11-20-2006, 05:35 PM
If he keeps getting all the passes, he won't have a long carreer due to all the physical abuse when tackled. The bills need to find another realible go to guy.

Tatonka
11-20-2006, 05:36 PM
I think when he gets consistent QB play he'll be up there with Steve Smith, and hopefully surpass him in terms of production and ability.

However, I don't see anyone ever touching Rice.

i was thinking about the same.. with a good line and consistent qb play.. the guy doesnt have a limit. he could be an elite nfl wr. a probowler.

but compairing wrs to jerry rice is like comparing nhl wingers and centers to wayne gretzky.. there will never be another.. ever.

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Depends. Evans is probably a top 10 reciever, or there abouts. Lets be realistic here, his production will drop off. There is no way he can keep up at the pace he is going at now.. With all that said, he has the ability to be the best WR in the NFL. Will he do it? Who knows, will he come close? Most likely.

BILLSROCK1212
11-20-2006, 05:46 PM
I could see him up there with Jimmy Smith or inbetween Smith and EMO

X-Era
11-20-2006, 05:49 PM
I don't think so.

Tend to agree, but Id put him up there with Roy Williams, Santana Moss.

Hes just a step below Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, and Steve Smith

He could become disgustingly good if JP continues to progress and gets him the ball.

Night Train
11-20-2006, 05:54 PM
If he avoids the big injury, I hope he's a Bills for years to come. One of the core guys you never allow to leave.

Hard to find guys with great hands and blazing speed. He's special.

Bling
11-20-2006, 05:56 PM
He's like Chris Chambers area. Potential, but still has to show it every week.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2006, 06:02 PM
I do reaize that this was just one game. but looking ahead 10-15 yrs. were will he fit in? At the top with jerry rice

not with Just Pathetic as his QB.let's not get carried away after a career game by both evans and Just Pathetic.

Crisis
11-20-2006, 07:28 PM

He's nowhere near as inconsistent as CC.

Bling
11-20-2006, 07:35 PM
He's nowhere near as inconsistent as CC.

So he's always mediocre? He's definitely not as inconsistent, he's actually a pretty good WR (and probably the best right now in the AFC East). But until he gets that Pro Bowl (which he has a chance at), he isn't better than CC. Though I expect him to be.

Devin
11-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Better then Moulds, but below Andre.

Tatonka
11-20-2006, 11:25 PM

chris chambers drops **** all the time.. he is not an elite wr due to his own inconsistent play.. and i dont give a crap what probowl he has been too. probowl appearances dont equal consistency.. chambers had one year good enough to get him in a probowl when other wrs had down years.

evans never drops passes.. ever.. i dont know that i have seen one since he has been here.. his inconsistency is an offensive issue, not his. if he doesnt have a big day, it is because it didnt get the opportunity to catch something, not because he drops stuff.

GFLuNEEDit
11-20-2006, 11:41 PM

I've been saying all along that we have two standout players - Evans and Moorman.

Until the Bills get solid QB'ing you won't find out how good he is.

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2006, 11:52 PM
I've been saying all along that we have two standout players - Evans and Moorman.

Its funny. Out of all the starting QB's we have had in Buffalo, Losman has got the ball to Evans the most. Losman a bad QB or NOT, is beneficial to Lee Evans.

LtFinFan66
11-21-2006, 02:11 AM
I do reaize that this was just one game. but looking ahead 10-15 yrs. were will he fit in? At the top with jerry riceNot likely even close. He will have a nice career though health permitting. Maybe a Joey Galloway type career assuming he keeps his speed

GFLuNEEDit
11-21-2006, 05:53 AM
Its funny. Out of all the starting QB's we have had in Buffalo, Losman has got the ball to Evans the most. Losman a bad QB or NOT, is beneficial to Lee Evans.

How many do they number ?

You make it sound like there have been dozens.

How many QBs do you think have been on the field at the same time as Evans ?

And how many of those Qbs have played as many games with Evans as Losman has ?

Bledsoe and evans didnt start rolling until the second half of his rookie season so if you want to include the first half of Evans rookie year , you might be able to look at a stat , i'm not sure.

But I'm sure that with an established QB his numbers this year would be far better than they are.

Mahdi
11-21-2006, 06:11 AM
Another question is..... will he become the best WR out of his draft class?

Lee-83
11-21-2006, 08:15 AM
If he keeps getting all the passes, he won't have a long carreer due to all the physical abuse when tackled. The bills need to find another realible go to guy.
They gotta catch him 1st!

Kenny
11-21-2006, 08:26 AM
Another question is..... will he become the best WR out of his draft class?

That's a tough question... He's far better than Reggie Williams, but Roy (despite his mouth) is real ball player.

THATHURMANATOR
11-21-2006, 08:27 AM
Calm down there guy.

Reed has a chance to put up #s like Andre but not Jerry.

TigerJ
11-21-2006, 08:33 AM
What sets Rice apart was a combination of his commitment to excellence and his longevity. He was also fortunate in that he had two of the better QBs in NFL history tossing the ball to him. How dow you compare talent levels? Lee Evans might well have as much natural talent as Rice. He certainly has a lot more speed, and the great hands to pair with the speed, but he needs probably ten more years in the league before it's fair to even start trying to compare him with Rice in terms of his commitment to the game and his drability/longevity.

jamze132
11-21-2006, 08:35 AM
uh, ok.

Mahdi
11-21-2006, 08:38 AM
Larry Fitzgerald was also drafted that year.

justasportsfan
11-21-2006, 09:32 AM
Until the Bills get solid QB'ing you won't find out how good he is. Evans just broke franchise records with Losman throwing to him. If Losman turns out to be a bust, that even makes your post dumber because we've already seen what Evans can do with a bust (if) . DUH!!!

You're living up to your resident expert troll image :up:

THATHURMANATOR
11-21-2006, 09:38 AM

HAVE YOU?

ublinkwescore
11-21-2006, 10:57 AM
i was thinking about the same.. with a good line and consistent qb play.. the guy doesnt have a limit. he could be an elite nfl wr. a probowler.

but compairing wrs to jerry rice is like comparing nhl wingers and centers to wayne gretzky.. there will never be another.. ever.

You don't ever think of that as being a tandem factor...

what would happen if you put Tom Brady behind Indy's line, and gave them Steve Smith as a #1, and Antonio Gates as a Tight end with say Willis for a running back (I went with Willis because the 9ers running backs at the time were solid, but not great or barely even good - that's willis - without effort/heart)...

I think they just had so much talent on the O that no matter what, you were gonna get beat somewhere it just happened through the air more often than not.

ublinkwescore
11-21-2006, 10:59 AM

This post actually made me laugh.

He's already got like 2 200 yard recieving games - one of them came against the Dolphins last year I believe.

OpIv37
11-21-2006, 11:04 AM

well he'll just have to get into the endzone so he doesn't get tackled.