PDA

View Full Version : Manning looks great tonight!!

HHURRICANE
11-20-2006, 09:30 PM
I'll bet money right now that JP puts up better numbers next week against the Jags. Manning sucks. 5 of 15 so far and a pick.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2006, 10:17 PM
I could careless what Manning does.

It's the lickers that compare JP to Manning.

JP needs to show that he can play good for more then 1 week at a time. When he becomes consistently good I will start supporting him.

Tatonka
11-20-2006, 11:19 PM
i bet the new york fans are ready to draft another qb with their first round pick too huh?

i mean manning has 1 td and 4 ints in the last two weeks.. and if you take away his one td.. that is 0 tds and 4 picks.. wow!

dplus47
11-20-2006, 11:42 PM
i have never been an eli fan. i don't think he has done nearly enough to justify the hype.

i think it's funny, though, that i almost posted something on here a coupla weeks ago about feeling sorry for losman sometimes, as lost as he looks, but i thought better of it because i wasn't trying to say it to start conflict. i really don't like to see QB's look totally lost; i guess it reminds me too much of the ray lucas era in miami. that's when i learned pity.

anyway, a week later, and losman has a game where he looks golden and eli has a game where he looks worse than losman did when i felt sorry for him. at least, eli looked much worse than losman's worst for a little more than half the game. even the (IMO) horrible joe theisman, who always thinks everybody is a pro bowler no matter what they do to prove otherwise on the field, said eli looked lost tonight. i guess it goes to show how we all just sorta sit and hope with these young guys.

ParanoidAndroid
11-21-2006, 01:34 AM

JP needs to show that he can play good for more then 1 week at a time. When he becomes consistently good I will start supporting him.

In other words:

:bandwagon:

HHURRICANE
11-21-2006, 07:29 AM

You should care and here's why. All the JP "dickers" have no viable or better options at QB. If you look at the last 3 draft classes of QB's only Rivers and Roth have performed above average.

It's funny how all of the guys that don't think JP is the answer never bring up an option. NEVER, EVER. Oh wait Nall is the answer because he looked so impressive against the 3rd string pre-season players who half of are now slinging burgers somewhere.

Developing JP is the answer for this year and next. Once we have a legit line in place than we can re-evaluate JP and where he's at. Based at what I've seen from Eli, JP looks like a steal at the 24th spot.

jmb1099
11-21-2006, 07:36 AM
I live in the NY area and many are beginning to get restless. The media here has beat up on him some, but so far he has gotten a pass. It will be interesting to see what the papers say today

justasportsfan
11-21-2006, 08:32 AM
I'll bet money right now that JP puts up better numbers next week against the Jags. Manning sucks. 5 of 15 so far and a pick.

against the bears

PASSING
CP/AT YDS TD INT
E. Manning 14/32 121 0 2
J. Losman 14/27 115 1 3

RUSHING
ATT YDS TD LG
T. Barber 19 141 0 46
W. McGahee 14 50 0 11

the only difference is that JP didn't run the ball as well as Tiki. :snicker:

Eli is such a bust if you ask haters.

THATHURMANATOR
11-21-2006, 08:36 AM
Realists like myself have been telling you how much a bust Manning has been but you lickers wouldn't listen.

jamze132
11-21-2006, 08:38 AM

So in order for something to have your support it has to suit you?

justasportsfan
11-21-2006, 08:52 AM
On Eli's first INT when he threw on the run, JP could've made that throw + 20 yds deepeer :flex:

DynaPaul
11-21-2006, 04:13 PM
They're already saying in the New York Post that they should have stuck with Roethlisberger or Rivers over Manning. Hindsight is 20/20, they're stuck with the guy and gave up the bank on him. They're really gonna be screwed next year when Barber retires. Jacobs is a decent change of pace back but I don't think he's a franchise RB.