PDA

View Full Version : Jax will be tough....

OpIv37
11-20-2006, 10:38 PM
Girrard is strong and mobile, and they're letting him throw with a 13 point lead and 9 minutes left on 1st down. The coaches have confidence in this guy and it's easy to see where it comes from.

Between Girrard and their RB, they are going to rack up yards on the ground. And someone will need to play QB spy, which opens up the middle of the field in the cover-2.

And that's not even mentioning their D.

This is going to be a tough one people....

SABURZFAN
11-20-2006, 10:40 PM
i agree.the Bills will have their hands full next week.

gr8slayer
They will be very tough. They are top five in every Defensive category and have big play WR's and RB's. But then again................ So do we.

Slim
I'd rather play Leftwitch.

Slim
11-20-2006, 10:41 PM
They will be very tough. They are top five in every Defensive category and have big play WR's and RB's. But then again................ So do we.

I like Anthony Thomas.. But he is not a big play RB.

gr8slayer
11-20-2006, 10:45 PM
I like Anthony Thomas.. But he is not a big play RB.
Well, I was refering to Willis but your right, he wont be playing this one.

Tatonka
11-20-2006, 11:20 PM
jacksonville's wide receivers are the worst in the league.. besides minnesota maybe..

they cant catch a cold.

DraftBoy
11-20-2006, 11:32 PM
Yea Jacksonville has very few big play clutch WR's. Wilford is one of their better ones, and Matt Jones has been up and down all year. Mercedes Lewis could be a problem if we dont check him. Im much MUCH more concerned about stopping the combo of Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew. Garrard is a good QB, who will make a mistake or two and we need to capitalize on those. We likely wont be able to get to him much. Their D is very good and will make turnovers happen if they are there. We will likely see a big heaping of A-train this weekend.

GFLuNEEDit
11-20-2006, 11:36 PM
They won't be Houston.

GFLuNEEDit
11-20-2006, 11:38 PM
I'd rather play Leftwitch.

No doubt.

Just another example of a team that has a backup for the purpose of a true alternative as the starter.

Elminster
11-20-2006, 11:50 PM
Jacksonville also has a tendency to fold on the road. Will be a tough game, in all likelihood, but I have hope we can pull it out!

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2006, 11:58 PM
Jacksonville also has a tendency to fold on the road. Will be a tough game, in all likelihood, but I have hope we can pull it out!

I have hope that we can win this. But I expect us to lose this one.

SABURZFAN
11-21-2006, 06:34 AM
I have hope that we can win this. But I expect us to lose this one.

what are you talking about?according to these guys,the Bills will have no problems.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=113888

mybills
11-21-2006, 07:34 AM
I saw nothing special from the Giants OR Jacksonville last night. Jags have somewhat of a running game, and a 50-50 QB. Giants offense is riddled with injuries, Eli was way off, their receivers were dropping catches left & right, and they still scored.
That should've been a shut out.

I think we can toy with Jax, and easily confuse them. For example...
Two of maybe three decent throws by Eli, were to Burress on the side, who wasn't covered both times, and the thing is, it was the same play. They did better at stopping the run, and I agree with Tatonka about their wr's.

I think we have a good chance of winning this at home. I'm more worried about S.D.

jmb1099
11-21-2006, 07:40 AM
I see us shutting down the passing game, its the running game that is going to eat us alive. Maybe we can force them to go to the air if we can score a couple of quick td's. But I agree (yes I feel sick as I type it) with FUgluneedtogetbent or whatever his name is that the jags won't be the Texans. Still its a game we can win if everyone shows up to play.

mybills
11-21-2006, 07:46 AM
Plus - they suck on the road.

Forward_Lateral
11-21-2006, 07:47 AM
Jacksonville's D has been very bad on the road this year. Their allowed QB rating is 93.6 on the road, and something like 40 at home. They've allowed 11 TD passes on the road and I believe 2 at home. It's going to be a close game in Buffalo, I wouldn't be suprised if Buffalo won. :up:

Tinboy
11-21-2006, 07:48 AM
If we can't shut down the run Del Rio is going to eat up the clock. No matter how good the offense plays againts Jax D#, if we can stop them running the ball it's going to a long day.

mybills
11-21-2006, 07:52 AM
If we don't stop the run, it'll be because we turned it over and ran the other way.
:evil:

HHURRICANE
11-21-2006, 08:03 AM
I picked Miami, week 2, and the Jags game as my upset specials for the Bills. I actually think we match up better than people think. I think it will be a low scoring game with a very simialy gameplan to what we used against Minnesota.

HHURRICANE
11-21-2006, 08:04 AM
what are you talking about?according to these guys,the Bills will have no problems.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=113888

Dude, when did you become so negative? REALLY.

Patti120
11-21-2006, 08:04 AM
JP is going to get bum rushed all day. I'm not too optimistic that Pennington and Preston will hold up. I hope I'm wrong though.

justasportsfan
11-21-2006, 08:46 AM
Girrard is strong and mobile, and they're letting him throw with a 13 point lead and 9 minutes left on 1st down. The coaches have confidence in this guy and it's easy to see where it comes from.

Between Girrard and their RB, they are going to rack up yards on the ground. And someone will need to play QB spy, which opens up the middle of the field in the cover-2.

And that's not even mentioning their D.

This is going to be a tough one people....agreed. I'm more worried about their DL though.

We have the DE's that seem to match up against Garrard if he scrambles. He's not that fast and our DE's are known to have one of the best 2nd efforts and cough high motors cough.THey also play their best at home.

Our cb's are better than the giants but Jones could be a problem.
If Tripplett and Williams get any kind of penetration up the middle Garrard won't be in synch with his wr's again.

Evans will need help on this because IMO the jaguars have a way better DL than what JP faced last Sunday and he'll need to get rid of the ball quick or need the A-Train to bail him out at times.

We can win it but we need our D to step up bigtime.

TigerJ
11-21-2006, 08:48 AM
It would be nice to be able to rationalize that since the Texans swept Jacksonville and Buffalo beat the Texans, Buffalo is etter than Jacksonville. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. It looks like Jacksonville lost Donovan Darius. That could help, but it didn't seem to slow the Jaguars down versus the Giants. The weather won't help. The forcast for Sunday is partly cloudy and temperatures in the mid 40s, ironically, that was the temperature in Jacksonville last night during the game. Jacksonville is coming off a short week and is away from home. That might be the biggest variable in Buffalo's favor. In any case, it's not going to be an easy game. Jacksonville's defensive line is big, strong and athletic. I don't see that Buffalo is going to be able to run consistently. Jacksonville will definitely target Evans after his record setting game on Sunday. Losman is going to have mix it up on offense, and spread the ball around, and I don't think he's going to be able to count on having the kind of secure pocket he had versus the Texans.

Buffalo's struggles against the run scare me versus Jacksonville. They've got to be able to keep Jacksonville's YPC down somewhere under 5 and hopefully down in the range of 4. If Buffalo wins, it's not going to be a blowout, and they have to play better on defense than they played versus the Texans.

jamze132
11-21-2006, 08:54 AM
So most people think we are going to lose to the Jaguars... The same team who lost to the Texan's twice this year. Their are lot's of posters who think that the Texans suck so what do they think about Jacksonville losing two games to them? Does that mean they suck worse? I don't understand. So can we beat them? Or not?

justasportsfan
11-21-2006, 08:59 AM
So most people think we are going to lose to the Jaguars... The same team who lost to the Texan's twice this year. Their are lot's of posters who think that the Texans suck so what do they think about Jacksonville losing two games to them? Does that mean they suck worse? I don't understand. So can we beat them? Or not?
We can. Some teams however match up better against other teams. Remember, we played the texans without their 2 starting DT's which could be a reason why our OL help up against them. The Jags DL looked scary last night. Peters didn't have a problem taking care of Marrio and his injured feet.

THATHURMANATOR
11-21-2006, 09:11 AM
They have 2 solid RBs and a great D. Hopefully homefield advantage can come into play.