PDA

View Full Version : what a route (plus more expert opinion)

GFLuNEEDit
11-20-2006, 11:07 PM
And this time it wasn't with an asterik because it came against Philly.

No more than 5 minutes into the game I posted a thread on the Bills Zone .
"turn on the Tv' (watch the sabres)

I could see the route coming.

So why did I post that thread ?

Because the Bills could take lessons from the Sabres on how to run a team, and I wanted the over-the-top 'true Bills fans' to get a look at a team that is expertly run.

I'm not sure if there was ever a team in any sport that has the depth the Sabres do .

It goes beyond the players they have in Buffalo and Rochester.

If you have NHL Center Ice you will see players all over the league that were original draft picks of the Sabres.

If they brought back the defensemen that play for other teams now, they could put together a top 6 that would be among the best defenses in the league.

And on the flip side you have the Bills who believe that depth and competition is detremental . They pioneered the use of "we don't want a player looking over another player's shoulder ".(flutie/johnson)

The Sabres didn't worry about the fact that they had Hasek and Biron, they went ahead and drafted Miller because he was the best player available.

And so far as I can tell it didn't drive Marty to the mental ward.

Every player on the Sabres roster has to compete for icetime.

The Bills believe in the opposite, locking a player in as a starter for entire seasons.

Levy didn't just strategically decide that the Bills were better served taking other players in the draft...instead he was and still appears to be emphatic about not taking a QB.

Is this excepted pratice and considered a proven approach among all GM's ?
Do they all agree with this ?

No not at all, look around the league.

So which approach is the wrong approach ?

Answer: It's the Bills that have another guess coming.

im4bflo
11-20-2006, 11:49 PM
:yap: