PDA

View Full Version : Let's trade Willis .....

justasportsfan
11-21-2006, 07:09 AM
For Shockey ! Barber is retiring. They will need his replacement. Would you be willing to do this trade if Coughlin bites? Let's throw in Royals and call it even . Shockey can help out Everrett. I also remember JP hooking up with Cieslak a lot at camp.

The King
11-21-2006, 07:18 AM
Only way I am for trading Willis is for draft picks.

Night Train
11-21-2006, 07:27 AM
Only way I am for trading Willis is for draft picks.

Agreed. Shockey is a bad character and seems injury prone to boot.

jmb1099
11-21-2006, 07:33 AM
I hate Shockey's character and attitude, but he plays like an absolute beast. I don't know if I'd make the trade or not, but Shockey is a player

NorthCarBills
11-21-2006, 07:35 AM
For Shockey ! Barber is retiring. They will need his replacement. Would you be willing to do this trade if Coughlin bites? Let's throw in Royals and call it even . Shockey can help out Everrett. I also remember JP hooking up with Cieslak a lot at camp.

I'm also for trading Willis, but not for Shockey. I understand the logic regarding the Giants' needs, but like the second poster I'd prefer draft picks. Also, Shockey is not in the Bills mold (i.e. he's too much like Willis's high profile "me" personality). I don't think Marv and DJ would head in that direction even if the opportunity presented itself.

I would take WM for Jacobs straight up in a trade though, and let A-Train start next year -- if he keeps up this pace and holds up physically.

The King
11-21-2006, 07:35 AM
Shockey isnt going to win 5 more games a year for us.

THATHURMANATOR
11-21-2006, 07:37 AM
I would do this trade in a heartbeat. (wont happen of course). The Giants have Jacobs ready to step right in.

RedEyE
11-21-2006, 07:41 AM
I heard Tiki on the "Barber Shop" (Sirius radio) state that he does not intend to retire after this season.

And, while I think that Shockey is a definite top 10 TE, he also has a long history of injuries and I don't think he's played one complete season since entering the league.

Also, who replaces Willis? A-Train is great for relief work, but the guy is far too old to give you an entire season let alone 2 or more.

The King
11-21-2006, 07:44 AM
Most mock drafts I have seen have the Bills taking an OT in round 1, but.... no one has Troy Smith going in the first which will change with the Combine and Pro Days but having two first rounders will allow us to get a lineman and Smith. And I will tell you in my opinion there is only one guy on this roster I wouldnt trade to make that happen... Peters. Anyone else, see ya.

THATHURMANATOR
11-21-2006, 07:49 AM
Smith? Jp will be playing qb Bedard

HHURRICANE
11-21-2006, 07:56 AM
I would take WM for Jacobs straight up in a trade though, and let A-Train start next year -- if he keeps up this pace and holds up physically.

Now that's a trade I like!!! WM for Jacobs.

Kenny
11-21-2006, 07:58 AM
Most mock drafts I have seen have the Bills taking an OT in round 1, but.... no one has Troy Smith going in the first which will change with the Combine and Pro Days but having two first rounders will allow us to get a lineman and Smith. And I will tell you in my opinion there is only one guy on this roster I wouldnt trade to make that happen... Peters. Anyone else, see ya.

Most of those mocks dont take into consideration that Peters has switched to the left side. And assuming we pick in the top 15, do you really want to go with a guard or RT?

Unless we trade down, I think we have to go defense (a LB like Poz) or a WR (but that's another topic altogether)

The King
11-21-2006, 08:22 AM
Smith? Jp will be playing qb Bedard

This is my Fantasy and I would give up the farm to get this kid.

justasportsfan
11-21-2006, 08:23 AM
People are complaining Willis doesn't give his best. Well you won't hear people say the same about Shockey. Plus, you know he's gonna be one hell of a weapon for JP.

THATHURMANATOR
11-21-2006, 08:24 AM
This is my Fantasy and I would give up the farm to get this kid.
I wouldn't.

THATHURMANATOR
11-21-2006, 08:25 AM
People are complaining Willis doesn't give his best. Well you won't hear people say the same about Shockey. Plus, you know he's gonna be one hell of a weapon for JP.
Good point. His off the field demeanor rubs people the wrong way but he gives 100% on the field.

justasportsfan
11-21-2006, 08:36 AM
Good point. His off the field demeanor rubs people the wrong way but he gives 100% on the field.Chris Villiarial is such a great character on and off the field. If people have problems with Shockey competitiveness which would put mojo into this O, maybe we should keep Chris . :idunno:

jamze132
11-21-2006, 08:43 AM
Skockey runs his mouth and *****es about a team that has the ability to put up 30 on any given day. What the **** do you think he would say about coming here to a team that struggles to get 20?

justasportsfan
11-21-2006, 08:49 AM
Skockey runs his mouth and *****es about a team that has the ability to put up 30 on any given day. What the **** do you think he would say about coming here to a team that struggles to get 20?
that's precisely why we need him. We don't have a TE as good as him. JP has the arm to get the ball to him.

THATHURMANATOR
11-21-2006, 08:51 AM
I would love Shockey!

justasportsfan
11-21-2006, 08:55 AM
I don't think it's ever gonna happen but for arguments sake.

Here's another thing that people here are b!tching about, JP has no balls to get in his teamates face. Well?

Shockey would be a welcome mentor for Everrett and Cieslak.

Stewie
11-21-2006, 10:24 AM
The only guy I saw trying last night was Shockey. I'd trade him for Willis. That means we got McGahee and Shockey for Peerless. And we still have Peerless.

justasportsfan
11-21-2006, 10:30 AM
The only guy I saw trying last night was Shockey. I'd trade him for Willis. That means we got McGahee and Shockey for Peerless. And we still have Peerless.
Haha!

Saratoga Slim
11-21-2006, 10:54 AM
I heard Tiki on the "Barber Shop" (Sirius radio) state that he does not intend to retire after this season.

And, while I think that Shockey is a definite top 10 TE, he also has a long history of injuries and I don't think he's played one complete season since entering the league.

Also, who replaces Willis? A-Train is great for relief work, but the guy is far too old to give you an entire season let alone 2 or more.

A-train has been in the league for 6 years, the last three of which he has been marginally utilized. He's same age as Shaun Alexander and Travis Henry, two years younger than Tiki, and one year older than Ladanian. he's not THAT old. Plus, considering that he's only had three seasons with more than 200 carries (2001, 2002, 2003), he hasn't suffered the wear and tear of most featured backs.

He's not a back you want to build a franchise around at this stage in his career, but there's every reason to think he'll be useful for another 2-3 years. I don't want to go into next season with only A-Train and Shaud. but if Willis proves to be a pain in the ass over contract issues, I could be fine with trading Willis, and drafting a RB in the 1st or 2nd round to play alongside A-Train--like Maroney/Dillon, Drew-Jones/Fred Taylor, Deangelo Williams/Deshaun Foster etc. I hate to see Willis go, but I also don't think we need to pay a ridiculous sum to keep the guy when there's a good chance that A-Train and a rookie could provide a nice combo on the ground.

Saratoga Slim
11-21-2006, 10:59 AM
Now that's a trade I like!!! WM for Jacobs.

Brandon Jacobs is CRAZY. Have you ever heard him in an interview? He yells! I'm afraid of him on TV, I can't even imagine trying to tackle him. I'm surprised the Giants let kids in to the games. He might eat them.

Marvelous
11-21-2006, 04:37 PM

That would be a wet dream. I dunno if the Giants would part with Shockey though. Even though he's a TE.. He brings fans to the stadium & sells jerseys..

I would looooooove to have Shockey here..

Kerr
11-21-2006, 04:52 PM
I think i'd rather have a free agent like Daniel Graham. Shockey is too much drama.

Jaybird
11-21-2006, 11:10 PM
shockey drop s way 2 many balls, hes no that great. And this is coming form a UM fan!!!

kernowboy
11-22-2006, 06:08 AM
I think if we are to trade McGahee it should be for a No1 or high No2 pick. I find the comments relating to a TE very interesting. I think that on the roster the lack of a top TE is penalising the team and the offence. Working on the assumption (and it is a big one) that JP has turned the corner and Peters continues his progress I can see the following happening. McGahee wants out so if we suspect A-Train can carry the load then we should trade McGahee while we can still get compensation. Atlanta could be option as could the Jags.

All of a sudden LB in the offseason becomes the No1 problem. If we have to give a big deal, it looks like Clements over Fletcher Baker and with Spikes struggling to recover his post injury form I can LB being the first round choice, especially as there are a lack of top DTs in the draft. I can see Day1 with a McGahee trade looking like:

R1: a LB - Posluzny or Willis
R2 (extra pick) GREG OLSEN - TE
R2: a OL
R3: I can see this being used to move up

With so many top OTs in the draft, some will slip - I've even see Doug Free in R3 of some mocks which is crazy. If we don't need to move for Olsen, we can use the saved pick on someone like Justin Harrell.

Olsen is considered to be the equal of Shockley, Wilmslow Jr etc and would be a nice addition

HAMMER
11-22-2006, 11:22 AM
No, not another Mia-ME player.

Billsrock4life
11-22-2006, 01:03 PM
Marv would never get shockey...and his attitude would cause problems