X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Let's trade Willis .....

For Shockey ! Barber is retiring. They will need his replacement. Would you be willing to do this trade if Coughlin bites? Let's throw in Royals and call it even . Shockey can help out Everrett. I also remember JP hooking up with Cieslak a lot at camp.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Let's trade Willis .....

Only way I am for trading Willis is for draft picks.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by MBBedard
      Only way I am for trading Willis is for draft picks.
      Agreed. Shockey is a bad character and seems injury prone to boot.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• jmb1099
        • Sep 2004

I hate Shockey's character and attitude, but he plays like an absolute beast. I don't know if I'd make the trade or not, but Shockey is a player

Comment

• NorthCarBills
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          For Shockey ! Barber is retiring. They will need his replacement. Would you be willing to do this trade if Coughlin bites? Let's throw in Royals and call it even . Shockey can help out Everrett. I also remember JP hooking up with Cieslak a lot at camp.
          I'm also for trading Willis, but not for Shockey. I understand the logic regarding the Giants' needs, but like the second poster I'd prefer draft picks. Also, Shockey is not in the Bills mold (i.e. he's too much like Willis's high profile "me" personality). I don't think Marv and DJ would head in that direction even if the opportunity presented itself.

I would take WM for Jacobs straight up in a trade though, and let A-Train start next year -- if he keeps up this pace and holds up physically.

Comment

• The King
            • Jun 2004

Shockey isnt going to win 5 more games a year for us.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

I would do this trade in a heartbeat. (wont happen of course). The Giants have Jacobs ready to step right in.

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

I heard Tiki on the "Barber Shop" (Sirius radio) state that he does not intend to retire after this season.

And, while I think that Shockey is a definite top 10 TE, he also has a long history of injuries and I don't think he's played one complete season since entering the league.

Also, who replaces Willis? A-Train is great for relief work, but the guy is far too old to give you an entire season let alone 2 or more.

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

Most mock drafts I have seen have the Bills taking an OT in round 1, but.... no one has Troy Smith going in the first which will change with the Combine and Pro Days but having two first rounders will allow us to get a lineman and Smith. And I will tell you in my opinion there is only one guy on this roster I wouldnt trade to make that happen... Peters. Anyone else, see ya.
                  It was all

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Smith? Jp will be playing qb Bedard

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by NorthCarBills
                      I would take WM for Jacobs straight up in a trade though, and let A-Train start next year -- if he keeps up this pace and holds up physically.
                      Now that's a trade I like!!! WM for Jacobs.

Comment

• Kenny
                        • Aug 2004

Most mock drafts I have seen have the Bills taking an OT in round 1, but.... no one has Troy Smith going in the first which will change with the Combine and Pro Days but having two first rounders will allow us to get a lineman and Smith. And I will tell you in my opinion there is only one guy on this roster I wouldnt trade to make that happen... Peters. Anyone else, see ya.
                        Most of those mocks dont take into consideration that Peters has switched to the left side. And assuming we pick in the top 15, do you really want to go with a guard or RT?

Unless we trade down, I think we have to go defense (a LB like Poz) or a WR (but that's another topic altogether)

Comment

• The King
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                          Smith? Jp will be playing qb Bedard
                          This is my Fantasy and I would give up the farm to get this kid.
                          It was all

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

People are complaining Willis doesn't give his best. Well you won't hear people say the same about Shockey. Plus, you know he's gonna be one hell of a weapon for JP.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

This is my Fantasy and I would give up the farm to get this kid.
                              I wouldn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X