How to Keep Danny Briere and Chris Drury...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

How to Keep Danny Briere and Chris Drury...

Some unpopular decisions face the Sabres next year with both our Co-Captains up for FA, and a cap question looming, The answer lies in Rochester on how to keep these players here for the rest of there careers

What i am about to say is the business of the game and not my opinioni like the players i am about to mention and if this were a perfect world i would keep them all including the departure of JP Dumont last year but it isnt and this is a business and Good teams make unpopular decisions to keep a team with this kinda of chemistry and potential together at all costs,

U keep the nucleaus together and keep building around them and we could have a great team here for a long time

In order to keep Drury and Briere i think we will lose the services of Martin Biron and the over 2 million he is gonna comand either via trade or FA, then bring up promising youngster Adam Dennis to be back up and pay him less than half of what Biron is making

Next on this list i think will be Jochen Hecht, he is often hurt and is gettin closer to 30 and also has a decent salary, he can be replaced by our new budding star from Rochester Drew Stafford who is bigger, and faster than Hecht and is only 20

Next on the list this will probably be Teppo Nemminen's last year in the NHL after acheveing his personal goals and hopefully gettin a cup his 2.3 million contract will be replaced by Nathan Paetsch who makes half of that and is playing real well and the 7 defensman will be Michael Funk or Mike Card or a veteran FA who comes cheap

I can see replacing peters with Paille on the roster and Paille makes more, but that is about it now those three players assuming that Briere and Drury with a slight pay raise would stay here given a long term contract and u keep the players here that u want and have younger players with a hell of alot of potential backing them up in organization and u still have Clarke McCarthur, Marek Zagrapan, Mark Mancari, and Dylan Hunter, and mike Ryan still in Rochester for call ups
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: How to Keep Danny Briere and Chris Drury...

Biron, Connolly, Hect, Neuminen- get rid of those contracts and we might have a shot at keeping those two

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

Depending on Connolly situation u can give him a injury settlement freeing up even more money i agree with you 100%, but if he returns fully healthy then it will be tight but u r gettin a budding superstar back to the lineup, either way good situation to be in
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bigbub2352
        Depending on Connolly situation u can give him a injury settlement freeing up even more money i agree with you 100%, but if he returns fully healthy then it will be tight but u r gettin a budding superstar back to the lineup, either way good situation to be in
        a budding superstar that is probably a big hit away from ending his career.

Comment

• Crisis
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
          a budding superstar that is probably a big hit away from ending his career.
          Who isn't.
          Originally posted by LOSman WINS
          Vanek is Austrian not European
          Originally posted by Prov401
          Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
          Originally posted by better days
          I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

Unfortunatley Mike u may be right, but with less and less hitting in the league now, i think the sabres are willing to take that chance, we will see but what cant be denied is the talent in the organization, and we got a lot of players ready to go to the next level may it be in juniors or in the AHL
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

They can keep them both if they realize the fact that they can take a smaller deal for the good of the team. There is a rare breed of athlete that appreciates winning more than big money.

However, if that isn't the case I'd rather see them hang on to Drury. He's more of a leader and should be the permanent captain.

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
              X