PDA

View Full Version : All Right settle down now!

alohabillsfan
11-21-2006, 12:06 PM
All of this complaining about our DT's DE's etc.. Here are the facts (Our Defense)

Game 1- Gave up 17 pts (Offense gave up saftey) got 2 T-Overs and 3 Sacks!
Offense Lost the Game!

Game 2- Gave up 6 Pts got 2 Turn overs and 6 sacks-
Defense won the Game!

Game 3- Gave up 21 pts (offense gave up another TD) NO TO's 1 Sack!
Offense lost the game (to many (3) turnovers)

Game 4 Gave up 12 pts! 2 turnovers no sacks!
Team Victory!

Game 5 - Gave up 40 (ouch) Offense did not help! Got 1 TO and 2 Sacks!
Total team loss!

Game 6- Gave up 21 pts Got 1 TO and 3 sacks Offense gave up 5 sacks and 3 turn overs all that being said Team Loss!

Game 7- Gave up 28 pts Forced no Turnovers got 4 sacks!
Team Loss!

Game 8- Gave up 10 Pts Got 4 Turnovers 2 sacks !
Team Victory!

Game 9 - Gave up 17 pts, Got 2 turnovers no sacks!
Offense Lost the game!

Game 10 - Gave up 21 pts, Got 2 turn overs 2 sacks
Offense won the game!

In summary;
Our D gives up 18.3 pts per game! Ranks 13th in scoring!
Our D ranks 12th in sacks
The weakest part of our defense is that we do not force enough turnovers!

So stop complaining and turn your attention back to where it belongs on the offensive side of the ball! Thank you for your time!

justasportsfan
11-21-2006, 12:08 PM
So stop complaining and turn your attention back to where it belongs on the offensive side of the ball!

Here come the trolls. Thanks :rolleyes:

mchurchfie
11-21-2006, 12:12 PM

So stop complaining and turn your attention back to where it belongs on the offensive side of the ball! Thank you for your time!
The weakest part of our defense is the inability to stop the run. We are getting outphysicalled and steamrolled by some of the worst rushing teams in the NFL. That is NOT good. Our offense is obviously the worst part of this team but this defense is by no means all that stellar, it has its issues too.

Mudflap1
11-21-2006, 12:12 PM
You're right, the D has really only had two really bad games. All the rest they kept the games in winnable position for the offense to come through. There is much room for improvement though.

Jon

OpIv37
11-21-2006, 12:19 PM
we gave up 188 yards and 7.0 YPC to the TEXANS, a team with a collection of no-name and back-up RB's. That was sad. If we're gonna beat Jax, the DT's really need to step it up to contain Girrard and Taylor.

L.A. Playa
11-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Maurice Florence-Griffith-Joyner-Kersee-Jones-Drew could have a huge week this week

camelcowboy
11-21-2006, 12:23 PM
Its going to be great when LT has 500 yards 6 tds.

camelcowboy
11-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Defense needs to be bulked up. If the texans ran the ball on the 3rd and 2 Craig Nall would be the starter this week.

RedEyE
11-21-2006, 12:28 PM
This Defense you speak so highly of has given up almost 1300 yards on the ground already this year. That's an average of 130 yards a game and 4.6 yards a carry. Let's not forget to include the 10 rushing TDs.

This rushing defense is ranked 25th overall! And I for one believe that they deserve to share a little of the blame with the offense.

bigbub2352
11-21-2006, 12:34 PM
To be a playoff contender we need to stop the run, otherwise a team can score 14 points and still win, besides houston our offense struggles to put 2 in the endzone week in and week out, so if a team gets the lead against us they can literally run the clock out and keep our offense off the feild, our secondary is young and good, but gives up alot of big plays, DT are non exsistent against run that needs to change

Jeff1220
11-21-2006, 12:37 PM
I don't care if the Bills' D gives up 500 yards of offense as long as they keep the opposition out of the end zone!

camelcowboy
11-21-2006, 12:39 PM
I don't care if the Bills' D gives up 500 yards of offense as long as they keep the opposition out of the end zone!

A offence running down the clock and kicking field goals everydrive can be as bad as a touchdown.

alohabillsfan
11-21-2006, 12:58 PM
This Defense you speak so highly of has given up almost 1300 yards on the ground already this year. That's an average of 130 yards a game and 4.6 yards a carry. Let's not forget to include the 10 rushing TDs.

This rushing defense is ranked 25th overall! And I for one believe that they deserve to share a little of the blame with the offense.

Last time I checked you win or lose games on points scored not yards rushing yards! Indy is last in rushing defense and 9-1!

RedEyE
11-21-2006, 01:09 PM
Last time I checked you win or lose games on points scored not yards rushing yards! Indy is last in rushing defense and 9-1!

So by your standards, it's OK to piss in the soup just don't spit in it?

camelcowboy
11-21-2006, 01:09 PM

Your comparison is off base, The idealogical make up for the colts is simple. Spend money on offense. When they get a lead and teams have to throw on you then a small quick defence that can rush the passer will take the ball away.

The bills have anything but a high power offence. JP is not Manning, A runstuffing defence would have been better for this team because of youth on both sides of the ball. This defence in theory should be hard to pass against, but its in rebuilding state. If you have a offense that goes 3 and out, and your defense can't stop the run then thats what leads to teams running the clock out against us. "colts,New England" This defence is in transition. It needs alot of work. especially when nates gone, and Takeo is now overpaid for what he can do on the field. Fletcher will be a freeagent as well.

alohabillsfan
11-21-2006, 01:13 PM
To be a playoff contender we need to stop the run, otherwise a team can score 14 points and still win, besides houston our offense struggles to put 2 in the endzone week in and week out, so if a team gets the lead against us they can literally run the clock out and keep our offense off the feild, our secondary is young and good, but gives up alot of big plays, DT are non exsistent against run that needs to change

The question is do you want big fat guys (sam adams) that never mover or do you want lighter atheltic guys that can?

The Mcargo injury sucks because he was earning the trust and getting more playing time so now we wait til next year to see what we really have!

Don't get me wrong I would love to have another stud DT but not until we have another guard another tackle and TE that can catch and a legit #2 WR!

camelcowboy
11-21-2006, 01:19 PM
The question is do you want big fat guys (sam adams) that never mover or do you want lighter atheltic guys that can?

The Mcargo injury sucks because he was earning the trust and getting more playing time so now we wait til next year to see what we really have!

Don't get me wrong I would love to have another stud DT but not until we have another guard another tackle and TE that can catch and a legit #2 WR!

Your going to have alot of needs after this season. WR, and TE should be the least of your concerns, Both lines need most of the attention. Thats if we determine JP has it? How about Willis? Is Takeo worth keeping at this point for the salary he makes? Mcgee has looked average at corner, Nate is on the franchise tag which we promised wouldn't slap on him again. Is fletcher going to want to sign here again after he thought he was joining a contender. This team is rebuilding, another 2-3 years away from contention. Five plus if JP doesn't stick at qb.

raphael120
11-21-2006, 01:41 PM
given stupid game plans and calls by opposing coaches, you could take away both wins at green bay and houston because they were running ALL over the bills. leaving the bills 2-8. not so happy then, huh.

alohabillsfan
11-21-2006, 02:23 PM
So by your standards, it's OK to piss in the soup just don't spit in it?

You are wise beyond your years (all 12 of them)!

alohabillsfan
11-21-2006, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=camelcowboy]Your comparison is off base, The idealogical make up for the colts is simple. Spend money on offense. When they get a lead and teams have to throw on you then a small quick defence that can rush the passer will take the ball away.

If your explaination above could be supported by facts that would be great! If Indy has big leads and everyone has to pass then why are they last in rushing defense? Please advise old wise one?

alohabillsfan
11-21-2006, 02:30 PM
Your going to have alot of needs after this season. WR, and TE should be the least of your concerns, Both lines need most of the attention. Thats if we determine JP has it? How about Willis? Is Takeo worth keeping at this point for the salary he makes? Mcgee has looked average at corner, Nate is on the franchise tag which we promised wouldn't slap on him again. Is fletcher going to want to sign here again after he thought he was joining a contender. This team is rebuilding, another 2-3 years away from contention. Five plus if JP doesn't stick at qb.

I am not predicting the future, all I am saying is what we need now with the team we currently have!

alohabillsfan
11-21-2006, 02:33 PM

The DEFENSE you appear to not like would be alot better if the OFFENSE would do something to keep them off the field!

justasportsfan
11-21-2006, 03:29 PM
The DEFENSE you appear to not like would be alot better if the OFFENSE would do something to keep them off the field! In case you missed it, they did against the texans. They did against the pats 1st game and the jets.

Aloha, both sides of the ball have been inconsistent. You can't blame it all one just one side of the ball. They are both struggling because they are rebulding. We have rookies for safeties.

Spikes has become a liability but we are sticking with him until the coaches determine he isn't gonna get any bettter. It's a risk I am willing to take. It's not like we knew we were gonna go anywhere this season.

HHURRICANE
11-21-2006, 04:09 PM
In summary;
Our D gives up 18.3 pts per game! Ranks 13th in scoring!
Our D ranks 12th in sacks

This is a ridiculous post. Do you watch the games?! We can't stop the run. Just two weeks ago the Colts, with Peyton Manning behind center, ran the game out on the ground with 6:22 left. This also happened in NE in week one. In addition we don't have a pass rush. Take out the Miami game and see where we rank in sacks.

Yes, the OL is priority #1 but you are dreaming if you think we are making the playoffs with this piece of **** DL. Kelsay, Denney, Anderson!!! Are you kidding me?! Thank you for wasting our time!!

RedEyE
11-21-2006, 06:25 PM
In case you missed it, they did against the texans. They did against the pats 1st game and the jets.

Aloha, both sides of the ball have been inconsistent. You can't blame it all one just one side of the ball. They are both struggling because they are rebulding. We have rookies for safeties.

Spikes has become a liability but we are sticking with him until the coaches determine he isn't gonna get any bettter. It's a risk I am willing to take. It's not like we knew we were gonna go anywhere this season.

Well said Justa. Aloha has just had one too many Pupu platters.

alohabillsfan
11-22-2006, 05:21 AM
This is a ridiculous post. Do you watch the games?! We can't stop the run. Just two weeks ago the Colts, with Peyton Manning behind center, ran the game out on the ground with 6:22 left. This also happened in NE in week one. In addition we don't have a pass rush. Take out the Miami game and see where we rank in sacks.

Yes, the OL is priority #1 but you are dreaming if you think we are making the playoffs with this piece of **** DL. Kelsay, Denney, Anderson!!! Are you kidding me?! Thank you for wasting our time!!

Talk about ridiculous!! Apparently you have long and short term memory loss, The Colts game, are you kidding me! The defense scored 1/2 the touchdowns, special teams gift wrapped another only to be lost by the vaunted redzone attack of the Bills inept offense!

Please go back and watch it again.