PDA

View Full Version : Grade TD and his activity in free agency so far

ArcticWildMan
03-01-2003, 01:42 PM
I know it's only been two days, but some big names have already been signed and the pickings are starting to get slim.

Is the "wait and see" attitude from 1 Bills Drive making anybody nervous or is everybody happy with us not rushing out and signing a big name player?

What would everybody give TD for a grade? A? B? F?

Fatwhite02
03-01-2003, 01:50 PM
C to this point, but hopefully an A in the future

TypicalBill
03-01-2003, 01:54 PM
D, but its too early to tell whats gonna happen. Too many players are slipping away fast.

Bert102176
03-01-2003, 02:16 PM
I say a D he did good at getting Posey but really messed up on not getting Noble.

kgun12
03-01-2003, 02:21 PM
It's way to early to give grades. Remember several things.
1. The PP factor is big, there could be trade TD is working on. So that is making things seem slow. None of the big LB's aregone yet, and we have Peterson in soon.
2. Remember my thread "Don't be disappointed" thread. If you
didn't read it or remember it go back and read it! It will prepare you for the rest of FA.

Ebenezer
03-01-2003, 02:23 PM
Way too early to tell...personally, I don't like to grade GMs solely on their FA success/failure...

...just remember...it is hard to grade a GM on something like this because players may not want to come here to play. You can knock him for not getting Noble but did we ever hear that Noble wanted to play for Buffalo? Don't asume every player wants to play for Buffalo (or any other team).

kgun12
03-01-2003, 02:36 PM
How many of you guys were happy with the PP tagging. This is 1 reason I was against it. We have $5mill tied up in him right now. If he signs that franchise tag offer it ties the money up even longer waiting for the trade or a long term conrtract. We might even have to pull the tag, and we still lost all this time. Now people are seeing why it was a bad move.

ArcticWildMan
03-01-2003, 02:38 PM
With the exception of a team like the Bungals, I don't think players really care where they play if the money is right.

They may prefer a warm climate team like Tampa or Oakland or a prior SB champ like the Rams, but they will hardly holdout waiting for those kind of teams to sign them if they know a team like Buffalo is in need of a player like them.

Ebenezer
03-01-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by kgun12
How many of you guys were happy with the PP tagging. This is 1 reason I was against it. We have $5mill tied up in him right now. If he signs that franchise tag offer it ties the money up even longer waiting for the trade or a long term conrtract. We might even have to pull the tag, and we still lost all this time. Now people are seeing why it was a bad move.

The Bills have $8 million dollars to spend...taking Price has nothing to do with other players going to other teams.

MissBuffalo
03-01-2003, 03:24 PM
I'm going with a C. I think the TE pickup was needed and I liked the tagging of Price, but the Posey pick up I'm not too sold on yet. I still contend he is a 3-4 LB and will only be good in a 3-4 system. To me it's like re-signing Keith Newman.

I pray he proves me wrong though.

The_Philster
03-01-2003, 04:02 PM
Way too early to say. But if I had to, I'd say a C

jdbillsfan
03-01-2003, 04:40 PM
D -

Posey can play special teams, so that is good. I don't see a reason to trade for a guy like cambell when we can just pickup an available FA TE like Dan Cambell.

1.7 Million off the cap already this year and look who we have in return. These are the guys you sign after when you know how much money you have available from signing actual guys who can play.

Guess we'll see.

WG
03-01-2003, 05:21 PM
It's way too early to tell. TD could trade Price for a 1st and then trade that for a player, who knows. It's impossible to make any sort of an evalution until our cap bucks dwindle down to not enough to sign anyone of any consequence. There's a lot of risk right now for us however. I also think that if the Bills don't bring in a name player on D, just like last year w/ the O, ticket sales are gonna suffer.

Originally posted by kgun12

We can wait until Friday IMO, although it depends on which other players that we may have been interested in evaporate in the meantime. But if this Price thing goes on for weeks or Price signs the offer, then we're screwed.

Originally posted by Ebenezer
The Bills have $8 million dollars to spend...taking Price has nothing to do with other players going to other teams.

Gotta agree w/ jd here Eb! At some point our cap available has to dwindle unless we're signing vet min players. We started w/ $8M, where's our cap stand now? Posey had to have counted against it. Not sure what Campbell's contract was or whether it was large enough?

Perhaps some sort of cap calculator?! Hmm, Ho! (Ted Knight style!) LOL

Judge
03-02-2003, 06:05 AM
How can anyone get nervous at this point? The Bills have been esssentially as active as any other team.

Give him an A+ so far. Give the people who are "nervous" an F.