O.J. Petition: “His name is an embarrassment to the city, to the franchise, fans.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

O.J. Petition: “His name is an embarrassment to the city, to the franchise, fans.....

O.J. Simpson may lose more than a book deal. Nearly 1,500 petitioners are asking the Buffalo Bills to remove the former football great’s name from the Ralph Wilson Stadium wall of fame. “It’s an embarrassment to the city, to the franchise, to the fans, and to honorable other names on the wall,” reads the petition, which was started in the wake of the controversy over Simpson’s now-nixed book deal. . . .Pamela Anderson might be a mom, but she still likes a wild night.

Last edited by Mitchy moo; 11-22-2006, 06:37 AM.
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Re: O.J. Petition: “It’s an embarrassment to the city, to the franchise, to the fans.....

I am mixed on it...He got the honor before he killed two people and got the award based on his play as a Buffalo Bill. If the Bills gave the award with the stipulation that he uphold a high character then the name should be removed. He was my childhood hero but he has sunken as low as a person could go. I wouldn't be opposed to having his name removed if I had to choose.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
      • Mar 2005

Re: O.J. Petition: “His name is an embarrassment to the city, to the franchise, fans.....

He did his deeds on the field long before this whole thing happened. Technically, he is innocent. The courts said so

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Re: O.J. Petition: “His name is an embarrassment to the city, to the franchise, fans.....

This was next, wow:
        Pamela Anderson might be a mom, but she still likes a wild night. “When I go to Hollywood, I start at the Chateau Marmont and then I usually end up naked in David LaChapelle’s studio taking crazy pictures,” the former “Baywatch” babe tells Blender magazine. “That’s usually a night with me. Four or five in the morning, lying across a car in David’s studio.”

Comment

• LtFinFan66
          • Mar 2005

sweet!!!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
            He did his deeds on the field long before this whole thing happened. Technically, he is innocent. The courts said so
            He lost the second trial & they took his heisman. He still owes those families a fortune.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

I think they should quietly take his name off the wall this off season and not make a big deal about it.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                He lost the second trial & they took his heisman. He still owes those families a fortune.
                The criminal trial is really the one that counts. According to the courts he did not kill anyone. The civil trial was all about money and nothing else

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                  I think they should quietly take his name off the wall this off season and not make a big deal about it.
                  One letter at a time Then maybe noone would notice!

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Re: O.J. Petition: “His name is an embarrassment to the city, to the franchise, fans.

I completely agree.
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• The King
                      Without me it's just Awe so
                      • Jun 2004

First back to 2,000 he is in the books. Keep his name up and just dont talk about it.
                      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                      It was all
                      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• jamze132
                        • Jun 2003

It's a tough decision. The courts did find him "Not-Guilty" but let's call a spade a spade. But to be honest, I could really care less if they remove his name or not. I'll go with whatever the crowd wants.

Comment

• Historian
                          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                          • Dec 2002

When they reconfigured the stadium, they moved his name to the side, away from the FG/XP camera shot.

I don't think that was an accident, lol.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                            O.J. Simpson may lose more than a book deal. Nearly 1,500 petitioners are asking the Buffalo Bills to remove the former football great’s name from the Ralph Wilson Stadium wall of fame. “It’s an embarrassment to the city, to the franchise, to the fans, and to honorable other names on the wall,” reads the petition, which was started in the wake of the controversy over Simpson’s now-nixed book deal. . . .Pamela Anderson might be a mom, but she still likes a wild night.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15516588/
                            Who gives a ****? Enough with these petitions about everything...... Stupid Soccer moms

Comment

• RedEyE
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                              Who gives a ****? Enough with these petitions about everything...... Stupid Soccer moms

Comment

Working...
                              X