PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar talk... Keys to the game!

alohabillsfan
11-22-2006, 08:02 AM
Alright enough about the Texans, time to attempt to assemble a 2 game winning streak! And before I move on, I live in J-Ville and have alot of co-workers coming to my house for the game so I really need this victory!!!

Offense- with the recent return of M. Stroud to the D line the Jags gave up 27 yds on 10 carries by Tiki, ouch. They are tough to run on but they also play better at home then on the road (alot better). One of the best plays to run against this D is a play we suck at, Screens (why can't we run them?). Their DE's are back-ups (due to injuries and add MLB Mike Peterson and SS D. Darius to that list, so they are beat up). Stay away from R. Mathis (CB) he is the real deal and I would not be surprised if they match him against Evan. Long story short is, if we want to win this game it will be on the arm of JP.

Keys to victory- Offense
1) Protect JP, Eli had time, he just threw poorly or drops, so this can be done.
2) TE needs to have 4-7 catches (Come on Royal catch the dam ball).
3) I expect the Jags to attempt to take away Evans so JP has to be patient.
4) NO TURNOVERS!

Defense- The Jags have 2 quality RB's F.Taylor and M. Drew, this could spell trouble, imperative that the offense score early and try to make them 1 dimensional. The good news is the way our defense hits, Taylor will cough up the ball atleast once during the game, also their WR are also prone to the dropsies and fumbles when hit. Their WR also struggle for separation, again imperative that the DB's and Safeties lay the wood on them a couple of times early. The giants front 4 did little to pressure Garrad but right now our front 4 is better and will get after him, which brings be to this, he is tough to bring down and has above average mobility, watch him don't let him escape!

Keys to victory-
1) Pound the WR's and RB's they will cough it up.
2) Pressure and contain Garrard, their WR's can't get separation.
3) Watch the TE 87 Wrighster , he is Garrads security blanket and a good TE!

Both field goal kicker are even! We have better ST's over all!

Thoughts, or questions on the Jags?

casdhf
11-22-2006, 08:05 AM
I think the key is to pressure Garrard and hopefully win a 3-0 game. I don't see them passing on us, but I think stopping the two HBs will be tough.

Also, we can't run and they know we can't run ... maybe we can get some lucky yards if we spread them out and run some draws and pitches.

alohabillsfan
11-22-2006, 08:58 AM
I think the key is to pressure Garrard and hopefully win a 3-0 game. I don't see them passing on us, but I think stopping the two HBs will be tough.

Also, we can't run and they know we can't run ... maybe we can get some lucky yards if we spread them out and run some draws and pitches.

Could not agree more!

RedEyE
11-22-2006, 09:13 AM
I think one reason screens have been ineffective has been the Bills inability to first set the screen up. You need consistant line play first, protecting on longer drops. Then you suck them in, truthfully hoping to catch them in a blitz. You also need a threating TE that can pull LBs away from their primary assignments.

The problem is that opposing defenses are getting to JP without having to blitz all the time. Usually the standard 4 man rush does the trick. So, in short the LBs stay home and have a read on the play before it even happens. Currently Buffalo will rarely leave JP by himself. A-Train or McGahee are nearly always left in to block. So as a LB, as soon as you see one of the Bills RBs evade his block and shed off into the flats, that's an open invitation to break up a very legiable play.

Now, the good news is that Buffalo is now opening up the offense (proven last week). So defenses will now look at the tape and see that the Bills can and will sling the ball quite deligently. This will help a bit, but a similar play must be successfully implemented before you can pull the screen from your pocket.

Better 3rd effeciency and longer drives will certainly help this situation out immensely. 3 and outs get you no where (obvioulsly) and when they are repeated frequently, the offense becomes that much eaasier to read.

RedEyE
11-22-2006, 09:17 AM
The bad news is that the Jaguars will have an easy time getting to the QB. Unless the Oline can improve their game over 75% before Sunday, JP will be laying on his back for a typical 4 sacks again this Sunday....maybe more.

Patti120
11-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Opening up the offense will only continue if our o-line can hold up. Otherwise we will have to rely on defense and Sp. Teams to win the game for us (or at least to keep us in the game).

justasportsfan
11-22-2006, 10:11 AM
Gameplan as if they are playing Mcnabb. At least that's what Garrard looked like out there against the giants. He's not in synch with his wr's yet. I hope Kelsay ,Schobel and Denny are in top form to chase him around all day.

Fletcher , Spikes and Crowell better be ready when Garrard dumps off passes on the run. We could really use Ellisons speed at chasing Garrard but we're obviously going with Spikes. I can only hope he doesn't become a liability.

Whitner missed a lot of tackles against the texans, he better do a better job against the jags' rbs.

Offensively, I'm worried about the Jags' DL. I don't want to put the game in JP's hands. The runnig game has to produce better than what they did against the texans reserves and injured DL.

ParanoidAndroid
11-22-2006, 10:25 AM
We don't disguise the screen well at all. Defenses see it coming every time. The play where JP had four guys coming at him and he threw the long ball....that is what selling the screen should look like. QB drops back seven steps, looks deep, draws the pass rush and looks off the safeties, RB slides off his man, turns around and receives the ball with a lineman or two in front while the others impede pursuit (and don't friggin' hold).

alohabillsfan
11-22-2006, 10:27 AM
[QUOTE=RedEyE]I think one reason screens have been ineffective has been the Bills inability to first set the screen up. You need consistant line play first, protecting on longer drops. Then you suck them in, truthfully hoping to catch them in a blitz. You also need a threating TE that can pull LBs away from their primary assignments.

Excellent observation, could not agree more.

kernowboy
11-22-2006, 10:40 AM
Garrard really stunk when the Jags last played the Texans. It will be interesting to see if we can steal something from the playbook for this game. Our secondary is better, our linebackers I think have the edge, our DL is about the same particularly in the middle. We should consider sme of their plays and see if lightning does strike twice

ShadowHawk7
11-22-2006, 07:29 PM
I think if we can average 3.5 yards on the the ground per carry, spread the ball around to our other guys and stretch the injured Jag D, and force Garrard to make their offensive plays, we will win this game.

Agreed?

Mad Bomber
11-22-2006, 07:35 PM
Why do we never (especially when the running game is going well) use play action? It would open up a LOT of passing opportunities....

evol4276
11-22-2006, 09:11 PM
their WR's have been bugabooed this season with drops left and right, so maybe we could control the game if we can pressure Garrard throughout the game and have tightish coverage on the receivers. Make them run, and hope to hell we can stop them on there, which will be TOUGH. Also, the less JP throws in the area of Mathis, the better. This guy is such a turnover magnet (INT's I do mean) I think he leads the league for them? So if they can play play smart we can win this game

evol4276
11-22-2006, 09:12 PM
also the Jags are overly inconsistant.. maybe we could take advantage of that too?? I sure hope so

SABURZFAN
11-22-2006, 09:25 PM
our QB will have a career game.no problems guys.chalk up that W.

Cntrygal
11-23-2006, 10:02 AM
I just hope EVERYONE shows up to play.

RedEyE
11-23-2006, 10:50 AM
Why do we never (especially when the running game is going well) use play action? It would open up a LOT of passing opportunities....

I've always thought the Bills should use it more. Typically opposing defenses have been loading the box with as much as 8 men at times against the Bills. In my opinion, McGahee is a good receiving back, and I half expected Fairchild to come here and use Willis much like he used Marshall Faulk in St. Louis.

I've seen them use it from time to time, but not nearly as much as I expected. Lining Willis up in a single back formation then skating out into the middle zone, or even bypassing both I formation backks in the redzone, seems like it could really buy Losman the time he needs to air one out or find an open receiver in the end zone.

I hope we see it more. We used it effectively against Minnesotta and it just vanished again.

justasportsfan
11-23-2006, 11:42 AM
also the Jags are overly inconsistant.. maybe we could take advantage of that too?? I sure hope so
so are we.

evol4276
11-23-2006, 03:17 PM
so are we. thanks

i meant theyre a GOOD team that is playing very inconsistant and isn't that good against games they should win easily..

Kerr
11-24-2006, 10:31 AM
They shouldn't expect to put up much yardage on the ground against the jags front four. It will probably be like the minnesota game. Tough to run.

I would use a lot of shotgun formations and just let jp air out. They should be hurting right now with the loss of Donovan Darius.

Pinkerton Security
11-24-2006, 11:15 AM
They shouldn't expect to put up much yardage on the ground against the jags front four. It will probably be like the minnesota game. Tough to run.

I would use a lot of shotgun formations and just let jp air out. They should be hurting right now with the loss of Donovan Darius.

I agree. I may be wrong, but it seems like against the Texans we used more shotgun formations than usual?? I may be horribly wrong, but I really think it would only help JP to run more shotgun and spread offenses. Look what Carr did against us....dink and dunk allllllllll over. Anyone can do that....as long as they can read the defenses a little.

Luisito23
11-24-2006, 05:45 PM
I feel good about this game, mostly because it's at home....

Keys to victory: QB & Run D........

GO BILLS!!!!!

3rdn1
11-24-2006, 07:05 PM
I just hope EVERYONE shows up to play.haveing them play big mike would help us out alot. HEHEHEHEHE ya i know he's ir

alohabillsfan
11-25-2006, 05:47 AM
I feel good about this game, mostly because it's at home....

Keys to victory: QB & Run D........ 100% ON THE MARK! WE NEED TO BLITZ! RUN AND PASS, OUR DB'S CAN PLAY MAN TO MAN WITH THEIR RECEIVERS!

GO BILLS!!!!!